ok, got some tear down pic's !. 4wd frame rolled in shop, motor pulled, split, parts everywhere !..lol.

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

• Like 5

update: got the engine back together just now, waiting on all my oil seals from partzilla, they say my oil seals wont ship out until april 20th !..grrrrr.

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

• Like 5

3 hours ago, sublime68charger said:

making good progress only to be stopped by parts needed to finish said project.

happens to many!

haha..story of my life !..lol. it's cool, i've got plenty of small things to keep me busy for a few days, gonna try to get the frame rolled back out, give it a good power washing, then slap some fresh gloss black paint on the frame.

• Like 1

got frame cleaned up, a tad of gloss paint on the frame, painted the engine, installed the engine, called it a night ( no..i did not take any pics..too tired ), will post some pics later.

• Like 1

Looking good.  Are you going to spray that engine with some silver paint. What brand of paint is you favorite on Engine cases 

16 hours ago, shadetree said:

update: got the engine back together just now, waiting on all my oil seals from partzilla, they say my oil seals wont ship out until april 20th !..grrrrr.

IMG_1036.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1039.JPG

What all do you need shade?  I probably have extras from when I ordered seals for your 88 and my 97 (I ordered extras).  I can mail them to you and you can mail them back whenever partzilla gets around to delivering them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

What all do you need shade?  I probably have extras from when I ordered seals for your 88 and my 97 (I ordered extras).  I can mail them to you and you can mail them back whenever partzilla gets around to delivering them.

haha..last time you mailed an oil seal ?, it took 3 weeks for it to get here !..rofl. thank you very much for the offer bro !!, i need all of them, complete motor, front transfer case, front differential seals, middle drive shaft oil seals. i ordered all of them from partzilla, this is catfishes 300, so i am not in a hurry. i can wait on them from partzilla, gives me time to rest up..lol. ty again very much for the offer, i love it when us members come together to help each other out in a time of need !!!.

• Like 2

here is the painted engine installed in a '' some what '' painted frame so far :-).

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

• Like 7

Decent looking tires on that one.  I saw a set of 26" Swamp Witches for $100 in Sheridan earlier today that looked like they were in great shape.  Too far of a drive for me to make just for tires.

17 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Decent looking tires on that one.  I saw a set of 26" Swamp Witches for $100 in Sheridan earlier today that looked like they were in great shape.  Too far of a drive for me to make just for tires.

tires are ok, if ya like aggressive tires ?..lol rear diff was busted all to heck when i opened it up ( along with that growth that was inside of it ! ), i wont run tires like these, i know better !..lol.

• Haha 1

update: got front diff all taken care of, new seals, painted, installed back in frame, did a little touch up painting, got front rims painted. got my oil seals in today, all back in motor, added oil, hooked battery up, put some fuel to carb, choked it, pushed start button, fired right up, sounded great, no noise now !!!.

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_1046.JPG

• Like 5

just came in from working most of the night on this project, taking a break. got the rear fender installed, battery, cables all hooked up, home made fender flares installed on rear fender , rear rack bolted on ( did not paint it, stupid wally world paint decided to act stupid ! ), called it a night, morning..lol. i need to get the handle bar grips from my local dealership today. spoke with fish yesterday, he's gonna send me some front fender stays for the front fender. i've got to fix a front rack up, so i can get it mounted later, but for now, i will work on getting the front fender '' some what '' mounted, get the front grill, lights installed, and working. then i can make some front fender flares like i did for the rear fender, for 250 bucks on oem new ?, i think they will work just great for who ever gets this atv !. i'll post some pics later on, too tired right now.

ok, here's some pics i just took of the rear fender flare work, it will just have to do.

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

• Like 6

Not bad at all , that is as good of homemade flares I have seen ------  maybe you should sell them to the public ,  you can call your company ShadeTree Specialties 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Not bad at all , that is as good of homemade flares I have seen ------  maybe you should sell them to the public ,  you can call your company ShadeTree Specialties 

rofl..yeah...i'll jump right on that...not !!!...lol.

• Like 1

i'm on the home stretch, i see light at the end of the tunnel !..lol. i took two pieces of pure junk ( again ! ), and made a half way decent trx300fw out of them, it's not one of my better project builds ?, seeing how all i had was junk to pick from for parts ?!, and yet..still made a good atv out of this junk !!. i'm pretty sure the new owner will be happy with it..after all..it is a trx300fw !!! :-).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Those flares don't look bad Shade.  What did you use to make them?

ty bro !. first pic ^^^, see that rubber stuff laying in the floor next to rear left tire ?, that !..lol. about 3/16 thick rubber, cut it with scissors !..lol. 

update: got the front fender on, front rack leg welded back on, installed that, front bumper bolted on, then dug in fixing ( making is more like it ! ) front fender flares. i decided to use the lower wide part of old splash guard, got the flares made, push pined on, i think it turned out pretty good !. started in on the fuel tank, oh man,,what a mess !, some one thought it was a good idea to use BONDO TO FILL RUSTED HOLES IN THE TANK ??!!!..OMG, how stupid can you get ????..lol. patched a couple area's with my '' seal all '', now to let that cure over night. all i like now is the front fender stays fish sent me, then i think ???..i'll be done !.

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

• Like 2