Melatv

Weather

I hope for the best.   Crazy how the environment is shifting.  No matter where you live there are disasters in the makings.  Resilience is something I learned during hurricane Katrina.   Keep yourself and family safe.  Material things can be replaced. Not to get spiritual or anything  We are dealt a hand in life, whether it be a test or evil intervention, we need to play the hand the right way , win or lose matters none , it is how you played the game that is measured  when it is all over.  

13 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Yes it can, when it's tinder dry and the butt is not crushed and put out totally.  Roadside fires are common here from that very thing. We had a 200 acre fire about 4 days ago down here in the valley started from a farmers combine as he was harvesting.   He had a rocky patch in the field and it was metal against stone, it sparked and burned 200 acres of his crops.  The surrounding farming neighbors all came together and got it out before it burned up the entire crop. It is mega dry here.

oh, thats a rough loss...hay rollers are worst ... then there's the static charge ... that can build up in a combine .. I've seen alot of farmers hang drag chains from the combine to rout the charge to the ground instead of have a small arc ... cause the dust from the cleanings ignite... it's not so bad with shelling corn, but ... shelling beans , and harvesting wheat ... it can get  bad .. last season 4 tractors hooked to rollers burned, and two combines...  the rollers burned due to roller bearing failures...  

Our doctor friend's house is gone. They lost everything. They had 20 minutes to get a few things out of their house other than that it is gone. It burned to the ground. Will keep you posted as far as my niece's house goes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sorry to hear that ff.... i can't even imagine ... what there going through ... thoughts, and prayers for all of y'all dealing with these fires. 

Helicopters are dropping water continuously on the ridge above my niece's house.  So far has kept it at bay.  They don't  want it creeping back over the ridge and burning the side it started on.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

F.F. -  Wow , that wildfire is a terrible thing , hope they get it under control ----

I see the sides and middle of the Interstate burning or burned all the time from cigarettes I would guess , another reason I have heard , is these new vehicles with catalytic convertors and DEF burners get very hot , and if the vehicle is parked in high grass it can catch the grass on fire 

i seen the flames of a fire under a car once. it was on the the passenger side of the car. thats were cat converters were in that time period.

43 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Helicopters are dropping water continuously on the ridge above my niece's house.  So far has kept it at bay.  They don't  want it creeping back over the ridge and burning the side it started on.

Hope they keep it at bay, or stop it.

We are getting a good steady rain right now, Thank God, I hope it rains the rest of the day and into the night. Temp is at 47 degrees right now.  Hope they can get a handle on this thing as it is supposed to start warming up tomorrow through the end of the week. 

• Like 2

Woke up to 40゚ and snow on top of our mountains today. Very good sign and rained most of yesterday not sure if they have the back side of the   Mountain contained but everything on this side appears to be out. There were many people who lost homes and animals. We personally know too that lost everything.   There may be a report today as to  How many acres have burned and how many homes were destroyed.  I am not seeing any  Sign of fire on this side of the mountain But looks terrible . I have heard the Canyon on the back side was devastated.

20200908_092234.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hope they can get the fires all under control  ----

yesterday a couple was  having a baby gender revel party in Los Angles and set the yard on fire with poppers of blue and pink colored powder  , 11 square miles was burning yesterday early in the day from their mishap , have not heard how that is going , they say the couple can be held responsible for all damages  , billion dollar bobo 

11 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

baby gender revel party

what the heck is this ^^^ sounds like they should have had a baby shower, and they should be held accountable, maybe they will learn from the mistake ... 

• Haha 1

Thanks Jeep.

Oh Man, that's terrible! They (authorities) are pretty sure this was human started just off of one of the trails just above the "M" you can see in the pic. More than likely a cigarette.  Started at 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon, so wasn't anyone camping. And there are no ATV trails in that area. I'm helping a guy on another house, this pic was taken from the upstairs window. He said he saw it Friday about 5 minutes after it started and there were hikers on the mountain, as always, very heavily used trail. 

20200908_111256.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

what the heck is this ^^^ sounds like they should have had a baby shower, and they should be held accountable, maybe they will learn from the mistake ... 

Do you know  what a baby gender reveal party is ?  It is before the shower so people know which gender presents to buy    ---      Is is big down here , they come up with  ways to surprise the father and everyone else with  the baby gender from the ultra-sound , they blow things up that throws colored powder all over the place ,  only thing is I have only seen the colors in pink for a girl or blue for a boy , guess the other 64 colors come later at the coming out the closet party 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Thanks Jeep.

Oh Man, that's terrible! They (authorities) are pretty sure this was human started just off of one of the trails just above the "M" you can see in the pic. More than likely a cigarette.  Started at 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon, so wasn't anyone camping. And there are no ATV trails in that area. I'm helping a guy on another house, this pic was taken from the upstairs window. He said he saw it Friday about 5 minutes after it started and there were hikers on the mountain, as always, very heavily used trail. 

20200908_111256.jpg

I was going to ask about tat "M" from your other pic  , I was guessing  it was the first letter of the last name of the person that owns that land , like a ranch marker ? 

No, it is the p"M" for Montana State University.  Bozeman is a college town,  the other town is Missoula and they are the University of Montana.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

No, it is the p"M" for Montana State University.  Bozeman is a college town,  the other town is Missoula and they are the University of Montana.

Yep, heard of both of them colleges  

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Do you know  what a baby gender reveal party is ?  It is before the shower so people know which gender presents to buy    ---      Is is big down here , they come up with  ways to surprise the father and everyone else with  the baby gender from the ultra-sound , they blow things up that throws colored powder all over the place ,  only thing is I have only seen the colors in pink for a girl or blue for a boy , guess the other 64 colors come later at the coming out the closet party 

well.... we don't have them up here ...... and, till today... I've never even heard of it.... but, baby shower here includes all femals ... and no males, quiet a few don't wish to know what the gender the baby is so .. i would say that's also why ... I've never heard of them.. as for coming out of the closet ...later ? ... I've only heard of one reason for that... lol .... anyways .... back to local weather .

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

well.... we don't have them up here ...... and, till today... I've never even heard of it.... but, baby shower here includes all femals ... and no males, quiet a few don't wish to know what the gender the baby is so .. i would say that's also why ... I've never heard of them.. as for coming out of the closet ...later ? ... I've only heard of one reason for that... lol .... anyways .... back to local weather .

I can see you never heard of a lot of things , maybe need to get out the closet more ...LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

well... reckon there's just some things that take a low priority .. on my list of things to reserch ..... baby showers,  and coming out of closet would be on that list.. lol 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

well... reckon there's just some things that take a low priority .. on my list of things to reserch ..... baby showers,  and coming out of closet would be on that list.. lol 

It helps to try and be well rounded , opening one's eyes and ears to what's going on  is the place to start , life is not all about the wood shed 

i am well rounded... just not fat, or in the closet ... lol .... i know what going on up around my area... i would think others keep tabs on there area .. kind of like ff does on the wild fires