Melatv

Weather

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

it's  the same here .... just plain humid out.... i went and treated some fire ant mounds... may have waisted the talstar p ... with the flood that moved in... but... this is LAST time they invade my out side wood furness! lol.. i can't stand being stung in the dead winter. 

get some DE-earth, friendly nematodes. gets the Queen. DE-earth eats the bugs from the inside out. so do the nematodes.. i've destroyed some anthills just with DE-earth. just dont inhale the stuff. thats the only warning. made from diatoms, millions of years ago, it is like tiny razor blades, an hard on the lungs, but will cut a bug. bugs are tough on the outside, mush on the inside. [this could stand some correcting, if necessary]. the DE-earth, when ingested by bugs, eats them from the inside-out. it's not harmful to people or pets, least they breathe it, the dust. if ya ever shot pool, ya might have inhaled it. DE-earth, is in many products.

friendly nematodes, i think not. 💥

thanks ... Ted but talstar p works best around here ... show me a pic / information  and I'll check that treatment out... but till now I've never heard of it before... and talstar is very toxic! ... you should see how fire ants react a few minutes after the mound is treated... lol! 

Edited: by copy and paste guy.

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™

They dubbed Laura as the most powerful hurricane to " EVER " hit the Louisiana coast with it's 150MPH winds , it made landfall at Cameron , Louisiana  , as daylight comes  video will start coming up of the damage and flooding it caused 

I was so lucky that the feeder bands just kept missing us over and over , we never did get much morethan 30 mph winds and really not much rain at all 

We  lost power one time for 30 minutes yesterday , it was storm related but in a weird way , 1/2 block from my house there was a tree cutting boom truck clearing trees along the power lines in prep of the storm , the bucket truck hit the power line and we heard it from our house , 3 seconds of high voltage " Buzzzzzzzzzzz " and the electricity  went out , well , the electricity blow out the electrical system of the boom truck , truck killed with boom in the air and guy in the bucket , he was OK  , the mechanic came out and I walked down there , he said it fried the controller and I could see the  melted battery wires which he had just replaced and nothing worked on the truck , not even lights or the horn , he told me every fuse in the fuse box was blown , they called in a wrecker to haul it off 

• Like 3

hm.... isnt that  ironic...... trying to get trees trimmed for bad weather .. burning the boom truck up, and causing a power outage... anyways... wow! that's rough!! glad the fella was okay... 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

hm.... isnt that  ironic...... trying to get trees trimmed for bad weather .. burning the boom truck up, and causing a power outage... anyways... wow! that's rough!! glad the fella was okay... 

I just went to the store , the truck that got hit was moved yesterday , I need to take a pic of the ground under where the truck was parked , I would guess where the battery box was , the black top  is all burnt  in a two diameter circle , looks like a lightning strike hit , one of the workers was picking up pieces of something off the ground  ----they are out there again today , hope they are more careful this time 

• Like 2

They are saying that the hurricane will still be a cat 1 at Shreveport with 75 mph winds , wow 

Friday 1 am 45mph right over Little Rock , Hold one Shade , they might have shrimp falling from the sky 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I just took a golf cart ride to take a pic of the electricity burn mark in the street , but  they have an accident investigation going on , two power company trucks and two tree cutter trucks at the spot , looks like the higher ups with clip boards and cameras  ---- wonder if the operator will lose his job over that 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I just took a golf cart ride to take a pic of the electricity burn mark in the street , but  they have an accident investigation going on , two power company trucks and two tree cutter trucks at the spot , looks like the higher ups with clip boards and cameras  ---- wonder if the operator will lose his job over that 

Might need to change his shorts..lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Shade lucked out.  That storm was projected straight north to Little Rock.  It took an unexpected hard turn East and is going to just clip the eastern edge of Arkansas

It is finally raining hard here right now.  First windy rain since this all started. 

Much like football is a game of inches.  I learned with this last storm.  Life is a game of inches.  

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Shade lucked out.  That storm was projected straight north to Little Rock.  It took an unexpected hard turn East and is going to just clip the eastern edge of Arkansas

It is finally raining hard here right now.  First windy rain since this all started. 

Where are you tracking it Fish?  Everything I'm seeing still has it going right over Pine Bluff and just east of Little Rock, then through NE Arkansas and the Missouri bootheel

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Where are you tracking it Fish?  Everything I'm seeing still has it going right over Pine Bluff and just east of Little Rock, then through NE Arkansas and the Missouri bootheel

Local news here in New Orleans.  WDSU.   

We got another depression trying to form in the Caribbean , the next one is going to be named Nana , that is what my grand daughter calls the wife , I know my wife can tear some stuff up , if this one forms we in trouble , cause there is going to be some damage involved with a Nana ... 

bottom fell out here, not worried about flooding, if it floods my house ?, then no one else will be alive !..lol.

• Haha 2

The other channel has it going for the corner of the state , let me see if I can dig up that link 

just got this from the link i posted ... looks like it's not over.... down your way... it's about 14 minutes older then when i 1st gathered the information from the site... 

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
SPECIAL MARINE WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW ORLEANS LA
509 PM CDT THU AUG 27 2020

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN NEW ORLEANS HAS ISSUED A

* SPECIAL MARINE WARNING FOR...
  CHANDELEUR SOUND...
  COASTAL WATERS FROM PASCAGOULA MISSISSIPPI TO STAKE ISLAND OUT 20
  NM...
  MISSISSIPPI SOUND...

* UNTIL 615 PM CDT.

* AT 509 PM CDT, A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING
  WATERSPOUTS WAS LOCATED 10 NM NORTHEAST OF CHANDELEUR SOUND, MOVING
  NORTHEAST AT 25 KNOTS.

HAZARD...WATERSPOUTS AND WIND GUSTS 34 KNOTS OR GREATER.

SOURCE...RADAR.

EXPECT WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 34 

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
  HORN ISLAND AND PASCAGOULA. 

THUNDERSTORMS CAN PRODUCE SUDDEN WATERSPOUTS. WATERSPOUTS CAN EASILY
OVERTURN BOATS AND CREATE LOCALLY HAZARDOUS SEAS. SEEK SAFE HARBOR
IMMEDIATELY.

REPORT SEVERE WEATHER TO THE COAST GUARD

WATERSPOUT...POSSIBLE
HAIL...0.00IN
WIND...>34KTS

image.jpg

I'm glad I live way up north. No hurricanes, few tornadoes and almost no poisonous snakes or bugs. We do have timberwolves though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i hear you! it's been a rough year for weather ... ... we just got brushed by this one .... yellow cell  just west of the tenn state name ....this had 50 mph winds ... and moved quickly past ... im sure ill have a mess of limbs to clean up.... lol! and i see a couple of tornadoe warnings for Arkansas looks  to be east of shade ... on the plus side .. looks like @Scotticus up in Pennsylvania.... might actually get some much needed rain. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

We got another 1/2 hour of much needed rain this evening.  Forecast for more scattered showers tonight and tomorrow.  Saturday the forecast is for 1/2 to 1 inch of rain from hurricane Laura.  Hopefully the forecast is right

• Like 1