Wheeler

Energizer eZV 2200P Generator.

Posted (edited)

I’ve been considering a new generator all summer. I’ve came across the Energizer. Lots of YouTube comparisons to the Honda 2000i. I’m picking one up this afternoon on sale for $550 reg $700. 

anyone have one or use one before?

Edited by Wheeler

Hi: What are you going to use it for?

• Like 2

Just the camper. Keeping the two 6v batteries charged, running furnace & lights ect. Currently I have a no name Chinese 1000w which I don’t trust...

• Like 2

ya shoulda bought a honda generator !!. i got a brand new honda generator, 2200 watts, starts every first pull, has eco mode, can run 12 hours i think it said in the book ?. was around 1300 bucks, but well worth it, can not go wrong with a honda generator !!.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I agree Shade. But after comparing the two on YouTube I went with the Energizer. I was wrong though... it’s the eZV 2200P 

0FFC073B-BD7F-4D38-A96A-2C5FFED3116D.jpeg

8BE75D91-A182-4CA3-AEFF-FE5C2046EDDD.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

That is a good size to have for camping -- nice a light to carry -- 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Melatv said:

That is a good size to have for camping -- nice a light to carry -- 

Its quieter than my el cheapo 1k watt jobby. It did the trick but was only picked up to get me by last fall. This one weighs 44lbs. 1700w running & 2200w peak.. will do me perfect. 

1 minute ago, TBRider said:

Where did you get the NB plates from.?....

Originally from there..my daughter & grandson Moved back a year & half ago too..

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, shadetree said:

ya shoulda bought a honda generator !!. i got a brand new honda generator, 2200 watts, starts every first pull, has eco mode, can run 12 hours i think it said in the book ?. was around 1300 bucks, but well worth it, can not go wrong with a honda generator !!.

Ran now a few different brands through work and home and Honda's Inverter line is just hands down the best. Easy start, great power delivery, actual rated power, smooth enough for electronics, quiet... I have a Predator brand (Harbor Freight/Princess Auto) and like it but compared to the Honda it is like a toy. You can drop the Honda from 8ft onto concrete running and they are going to work for years after that incident. I didn't do it but the coworker that did showed me the "damage" (a new scratch on the plastic) Like all Honda stuff... pay now or pay later. 

40 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Its quieter than my el cheapo 1k watt jobby

A piece of metal with thin foam propped up between camp and the generator does TONS for the sound. What do you use?

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

For sound I don’t do much other than run the large power cable out away from the trailer. Sometimes I’ll park the quad in front of it too to block the noise. Head out this week end for three days hunting, so the genny will get put to good use. Just not enough sun for my Solar panels now. The furnace runs A LOT this time of year, so she’ll get broke in!

Edited by Wheeler

For the price you got that Energizer for compared to a Honda , Hmmmmm , I am with you , you can buy 2 1/2 Energizers for the price of one Honda -------    Honda is a great generator , dependable ,  quiet , efficient on fuel and all that , but it is not theft proof , bear proof , etc , etc

Lock that generator down when your camping , funny story , well maybe not ,in the after math of the hurricane , electricity was out , people were sleeping with generators running for a window unit a/c and fans , thieves would walkup with a push lawn mower , that they stole mostly  likely , start the mower , leave the mower and turn off and steal the generator , people never noticed it till it got hot as they thought they heard it running 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ya it’s been bad around here in the bush this fall. Stealing quads, travel trailers, anything! Even trailers with locking balls were busted off to steal trailers

• Sad 2