Fishfiles

Music

2 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Kate Pierso, (b52) she was hot back in the day...

Buffy St. Marie ? who the heck is that ? 

Look back a few pages , St Marie / native Indian music Ted suggested , throw him a bone every now and then , LOL 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Look back a few pages , St Marie / native Indian music Ted suggested , throw him a bone every now and then , LOL 

thanks 

by any chance, you ever heard of "Buffy St. Marie", i think i got the name right, was a while back, maybe before Woodstock? my nieces can sing, they dont know all of the technics, of voice. without a reference, i cant teach them.. if i already asked this, so be it.

this ^^^ ? i just saw the name, that's my reason for asking. 

Sounds better than the real deal. I used to actually like Metallica until they started scalping their own tickets. I burned/destroyed all the music I had of theirs. 

This isn't bad!

• Like 3

Sometimes it is better to turn the DJ job over to others , learned about a local boy been around since the 70s and still around , John Anderson 

Funny how I have been listening to my guest's choice of music most the time lately , learned this one yesterday 

• Like 2

As one of your guests, you ever heard the song "bony fingers" or a song bout "Peabody's coal mine and the country store".  Peabody's, coal mine, was on the WK parkway. going west from Bardstown, though the dividing line seems to be I 65. i think heard that song before, from the Alan Parson's Project. "eye in the sky".

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2020 at 2:27 AM, LedFTed said:

As one of your guests, you ever heard the song "bony fingers" or a song bout "Peabody's coal mine and the country store".  Peabody's, coal mine, was on the WK parkway. going west from Bardstown, though the dividing line seems to be I 65. i think heard that song before, from the Alan Parson's Project. "eye in the sky".

"Hoyt Axton and Ronee Blakley - Bony Fingers" is one of my all time favorites. Think about it all the time.

"John Prine - Paradise" is the other one I think

Came to the thread to post a different one but those are two great tunes. Nice ones Ted!

• Haha 1

First time I heard Ledward I wanted to see him perform in person.   We found out he was playing with Mike Kaawa at a supper club in Detroit and quickly got tickets.  I had this fear that we would be at the farthest table away and not see squat so I kept going to the supper club's website putting tickets in my cart to get an idea how many tickets were sold to know how early to get there.  Something strange happened since there were a total of 16 people in a supper club made to hold about 150 people.  The bar keep told me he didn't know what happened since this show should have been sold out early. 

Anyway, we sat right up front as the one photo shows.  My wife sitting with Led and Mike and me with Led.  We had a wonderful time and had breakfast with them the following morning. 

DSCN1194.JPG

IMG_2259.JPG

• Like 3

On 12/12/2020 at 6:41 PM, oh400ex said:

"Hoyt Axton and Ronee Blakley - Bony Fingers" is one of my all time favorites. Think about it all the time.

"John Prine - Paradise" is the other one I think

Came to the thread to post a different one but those are two great tunes. Nice ones Ted!

1st. time i heard Bony Fingers as a duet. i been fishing at /on the green river. think its one of the longest in the ky state. 200 miles. might be wrong on that. some of those old coal pits, are good fishing, so is the deer hunting i hear. used to hunt West Vaco, till the rights were sold, i think it was knight & hale.

Edited by LedFTed