Fishfiles

Music

On 12/13/2019 at 9:56 PM, Fishfiles said:

Retro , they had some long songs back in the day ----- " The Time has Come "  is a good one , going to convert that one to MP3 ------ I never seen a pic of Dylan looking so young 

got the album

• Like 1

^^^^ wasn't that over 20 minutes, IN A GADDA DA VIDA..  so many artist, this is a good thread. THE PRETENDERS, WORKING ON A CHAIN GANG. makes me want to break out the cassettes, and so on.

i got a 45, ATLANTIC,  Hey, Hey, WHAT CAN I DO. LED ZEPPELIN. its not on any album i know of. on the flip side,, IMMIGRANT SONG..

Then; The Motels, Only The Lonely.

Till Tuesday, Voices Carry... so many bands, so many names. i got a collection of chic bands..

only if; you could find a good radio station. now every think is on a POD, or a dedicated station. someone else picks out, what you hear. sum close,[dont add up], but not quite. i hate corporate.

Moody Blues. CCR., someday never comes, down on the bayou.  got some more names, if ever it gets to me. least i got new songs to listen to, in my head, then the one that was, bothering me. the theme to, the lone ranger. Hi Ho Silver, and Away. 🙂

Edited by LedFTed
spelling mostly
  • Like 1

I hear ya Ted , the studio version is better , but , a double guitar and a cigarette hanging from his lip is kinds cool 

• Thanks 1

Ted , I thoiught I was the only one listen to to Til Tuesday , I had a girl from named Tuesday 

Forrest Gump was a great movie in my eyes , the part when he was a Alabama football player for Bear Bryan  was one of my favorites 

That movie did a spectacular job of running through modern American history and perfectly matching it to music.  Something I can watch over and over again, and of course, I have several copies of the soundtrack.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Not many people still like EMERSON LAKE and PALMER. I still do. The Triology Album is the best in opinion. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Misterclean said:

Not many people still like EMERSON LAKE and PALMER. I still do. The Triology Album is the best in opinion. 

" Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends , we are so glad you could attend   "  , I know I listen to that song a thousand times or more 

• Like 1

I noticed that Welcome to the show wouldn't play above , so here is another version , LP from the album Brain Salad Surgery 

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

That movie did a spectacular job of running through modern American history and perfectly matching it to music.  Something I can watch over and over again, and of course, I have several copies of the soundtrack.

That was a good movie , one of my favorite movies  , on his first shrimp trip , he caught  5 shrimp and the old man on the dock told him ,  " if you get 5 more you can have a shrimp salad " , being a shrimper , I enjoyed the shrimping segment ---------The Patriot , Josey Wales and The Water Boy are few other movies  that I can watch again and again 

19 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Forrest Gump was a great movie in my eyes , the part when he was a Alabama football player for Bear Bryan  was one of my favorites 

ya probable wont believe this, one my 2nd or so cousins thought it was a biography movie. told ya there are close family ties in KY. my thought is, ya got to go least 2 county's over, to find someone, that you are not related to.. 😀

Edited by LedFTed
same as always
  • Like 1

Ha! Love this thread. I got a few; my taste in music ranges far and wide. I mostly listen to 70s rock though. Friday nights with the buds usually end up pretty knarly but here's a few I'm thinking of at random to throw in the mix:

Kickstart my Friday nights:

Buddy with the '96 BigBear showed me this:

This one will get ya' after a doobie:

I bet we all went through something like this:

Here you go boys:

Father showed me this

Its not the original but it's ! good

• Like 2

@fish; i aint head that Led song in many years. Hey Hey.,, musta been the lyric's, why it wasnt on an album.. kinda mild in these times. i still dont, nor wont think rap is music, for the most part. not because its a black style music, just because it dont meet my conception of music. Aretha, Hendricks, Supreme's, the list goes on, Earth Wind and Fire,... wish i could remember the name of that song, 1 was the version the black dude did, the other was the one that Jimmy Dean did, [he were white, an sells sausage now], in the era of 45s. i want to say it was Lil Richard, with the 1st version. Good Golly Miss Molly??, couldnt be Blue Swade Shoes, could it..

my dads cousin went to a Monkees concert. he were complaining, they were faking the music. it wasnt long after they were playing their own live music.. maybe a year. the guy that wore the toboggan, he disappeared an aint been heard of since. mike

i had a bit[bud], of time to think about it. wasnt the song called Hooty Pooty, and JD, changed the name to Tooty Fruity.

the memory is slipping a bit, i'll need more than a net, to drag it back from the shore line. ;~}

Ted , there is some good rap out there , what about country hip hop .....