Fishfiles

Hobbies , Arts and Crafts

I was thinking..... I can't compete... At all with some of these fine items... Fish i know your loaded with nice neat rare items.... So this is one my bits.... I was talking to slammed about a HVAC filter issue desided I'd post up the custom intake grate i had made from an old tobacco barn that had fallen... I think it looks much better then the old off white metal intake cover... It's not much, n i really don't know why i disliked looking at that off white intake grate, i know i just did... Plz no comments on the filter... Those are temp filters.... I'm going with the best i can get what ever the cost... This is another reason i don't see one thing with having wealth long as it's earned correctly... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I was thinking..... I can't compete... At all with some of these fine items... Fish i know your loaded with nice neat rare items.... So this is one my bits.... I was talking to slammed about a HVAC filter issue desided I'd post up the custom intake grate i had made from an old tobacco barn that had fallen... I think it looks much better then the old off white metal intake cover... It's not much, n i really don't know why i disliked looking at that off white intake grate, i know i just did... Plz no comments on the filter... Those are temp filters.... I'm going with the best i can get what ever the cost... This is another reason i don't see one thing with having wealth long as it's earned correctly... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Very nice job , and it has history --- I love repurposed stuff --- any idea what kind of wood is it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Very nice job , and it has history --- I love repurposed stuff --- any idea what kind of wood is it 

Thank you!! Yup history is a big reason i had it made... The central heat and air tech advised me to make changes so more sir could pass.... So this is after the remake ....  Its barn wood from an old tobacco curing barn (example) oak i believe.... Whatever species it is it's not hard to drive nails into... But weather takes years to break down the wood to a point it's too weak to hold all that heavy green tobacco... You'd be shocked at how much weight those barns handled when full several tons.... I couldn't even ball park it .... Within a reasonable time....i know we've hung several 32 foot long gooseneck trailors in just one barn.. I'd guess well over 80.000 lbs because a few gooseneck loads would fill a van semi trailor completely.... Could be more then 100.000 lbs ? 

image.jpg

• Like 1

I recon this thread is best for this next critter.... I kept hearing a (sounded like a very sick small engine) engine, one that I've never heard before... It would rev up then die off...nothing like a weedeater... More like a leaf blower.. But still defrent....i have several outside listening devices.... Directionl, but this sound was being transmitted from each one... But the sound wasn't loud enough to carry far.... So went out to see the deer, n spotted this critter buzzing around... I don know off hand how high this guy was but he was up there... Way too elevated for me... But i think those ultra light, or i recon there called para gliders ? Have parachutes ? ..... I think i know who this might be ? Anyways pics flying so high .... Like the sunset pic just should have napped it before he turned

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

On July 13, 2023 at 2:08 PM, Fishfiles said:

How much $ you think ?  5 - 10K 

image.png

I wouldn't doubt over 10 grand.... That's a massive structure!..... I'm wandering what that monster chair weighes. 

Haha! @ That "Restored badge on the hood" guess that restoration was put on hold..... My guess would be finding the parts... To complete it.... 

19 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Haha! @ That "Restored badge on the hood" guess that restoration was put on hold..... My guess would be finding the parts... To complete it.... 

Read it again.  "Rustored"

• Thanks 1

Thank you, jeep my bad....and thank you for that too, Fish....hm.... I think this fits ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Thank you, fish, my bad....

You mean Jeep ? 

• Thanks 1

On November 14, 2022 at 3:28 PM, Bighanded said:

here's an older youtube of my Hubsan model...the X4.  nice consumer hobby grade for it's day

Took a few days away from the forums to... Well.... Just needed an all around break... So.. I got into more things.... One I've been putting off..till a couple days ago... Did SOME. Research.. I figured... Being this is my first time dealing with a drone... I'd go the inexpensive route first... I'd post pics... But haven't even put it together yet... Model, specs, etc etc... It's a HS-Series HS110D or HS11OD... It's motors are the brush type... From my understanding in what I've read.. Not a long life motor, but we are talking ....inexpensive .....brushless later (maybe) cam is a 120° wide angle 1080p HD .... Links to a smart phone.. Which i do not (don't like them) own.....i figure link it to a new ipad or pc...(stil debating on three models)... 1 3.7 rechargable battery ... High speed + low speed... Headless mode (won't use that) does flips (wont use that ether) 150 meters remote range (not far enough but will do for now) 6 axis gyro....FPV under 100 meters..remote in the 2.4 gig range... That's about all for now...it's just to blam hot out today.... Well least right now..anyways took some time away...but I'm back... Off to fix beef stew for supper.... And looking forward to the one year anniversary of OPL 100th episodes.... Still going strong.... I'll post pics n mybe a short vid later... One fork gone!! 

Last night I took the "Big 10 inch" to a local private airstrip on top of a hill near me.  All the weather-liers claimed 0% sky cover at 22:00.  Guess what?  They lied.  By 10 PM the visibility got so bad I packed up and headed home.

This scope was purchased used at about 30% the cost of new.  The previous owner couldn't get any decent viewing the first time he used it and boxed it back up.  He waited too late to return it and 6 month later sold it to me.  A very simple fix.  One screw holding the heavy mirror in the back had come loose.

I added an incline meter from Amazon and printed a 360° scale for the base.  Using one of many phone apps I can the altitude and azimuth of anything in the sky and it works great.  On top behind the eyepiece is a wooden phone holder bungee corded to the tube.  This was an experiment to try a phone app that uses the phones gyros to locate objects.  It didn't work nearly as well as my printed circle and cheap incline meter.

IMG_20230801_064921.jpg

• Like 3

Was reading this morning about two super-moons this month , one is tonight ( on my birthday )  and the second of the month is a Blue Moon 

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Was reading this morning about two super-moons this month , one is tonight ( on my birthday )  and the second of the month is a Blue Moon 

The Moon was a nice orange color last evening due to probably the wildfire smoke ....that wasn't supposed to be there.

Here's a portable 5" tabletop scope in the travel position.  The eyepiece and secondary mirror slides out and locks in place for viewing.  Note the plywood adapter I made for the top of my tripod to bring it up to viewing height.  Also the setting circle I printed and glued on with adjustable pointer.  I'm leaving the 10" at home this winter and taking it's baby brother south with me 

PXL_20230724_221157599.MP.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 56Sierra said:

The Moon was a nice orange color last evening due to probably the wildfire smoke ....that wasn't supposed to be there.

Here's a portable 5" tabletop scope in the travel position.  The eyepiece and secondary mirror slides out and locks in place for viewing.  Note the plywood adapter I made for the top of my tripod to bring it up to viewing height.  Also the setting circle I printed and glued on with adjustable pointer.  I'm leaving the 10" at home this winter and taking it's baby brother south with me 

PXL_20230724_221157599.MP.jpg

Nice looking rig ----- Will it zoom in on Biker Babes on the Beach , LOL  ----  this year when you " come on down " , you'll need to " stop on by " 

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Happy Birthday Fish!  What are you now, about 35?

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Happy Birthday Fish!  What are you now, about 35?

Thanks , 65 , never thought I would make that 

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Thanks , 65 , never thought I would make that 

Dam lol, didn’t realize you were that old!

You still live like a young man so keep at it! Happy birthday!

• Like 2

Happy birthday cuz! .... You going to plan a big blowout this coming weekend ? Ill e tuned in.... Also be watching for some tasty Vittels on the food channel..... I agree with jeep... If i didn't know your that old id think young man.... but your young still!.....Keep on trucking! 

6 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Happy birthday cuz! .... You going to plan a big blowout this coming weekend ? Ill e tuned in.... Also be watching for some tasty Vittels on the food channel..... I agree with jeep... If i didn't know your that old id think young man.... but your young still!.....Keep on trucking! 

Thanks , I told you'll I retired  ---- B-Day  party  was last Sunday .