Fishfiles

Hobbies , Arts and Crafts

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I would but I'm currently in Eastern PA and the only light you see when you look up are street lights and Police helicopters.

• Haha 2

@56Sierra I intercepted a message , you moght like LOL 

image.png

What time did you take the pic? A Starlink satellite (Starlink 101 G6-13) went by at 8:57 p.m. tonight with good visibility. Another went by at 9:01 pm (Starlink 99 G7-1) and a different one at 9:22 pm (Starlink 92 G5-15), but those both had poor visibility. You can track the Starlink satellites on the FindStarlink website by typing in Savannah, Georgia as the closest tracking location to Hunting Island. Musk launches approximately 100 new satellites into space every month, many from Florida, so you can see them fairly often.
The NASA crew isn't supposed to be coming in until shortly after midnight, so you might still see -- or hear -- them if you go outside right now. ✨

I had the 10" manual scope set up just inside the shop and went there at 01:00 this morning, opened the garage door to view Jupiter.  It's very hard to take pictures without a tracking telescope.  Today I set up the computerized scope and will try tonight.  The 6" scope doesn't give near the views of the 10" but having it take care of keeping the object centered allows me set the phone up and get it placed just in the right spot.

I'm watching for the Starlink trains but haven't seen one yet.

• Like 1

Not the best but I managed to get a few photos of a big whitish dot.  The sky was hazy with some clouds blocking Jupiter completely.

With the zoom eyepiece I used on this scope I go from 71x to 214x.  I could make out the clouds but the phone camera didn't.  Probably since I tried to get the moons too.  Should have taken a quicker picture to capture the colors.

PXL_20230906_050427697.jpg

PXL_20230906_050407566.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Looks like o s max and super Motors

Yes I did read OS on them >>>>  I think maybe 90 series on the big one and 60 on the smaller 

Here is another pic 

B7C87DD5-A324-431D-8CCF-5D8413E3C281.jpeg

friend of mine at bob smiths industries sent me this.... said he used bob smiths adhesives / glues on it.... @56Sierra if I recall you have a very large collection ..... I've bui,t a few but never got into the really detailed.. kits... I take this would be one ? My brother-in-law who was in the military did build a rather sizable collection... see if I can't some pictures of his models.. thought you might like to see this one.

IMG_8110.JPG

• Like 3

On 9/25/2023 at 9:54 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

friend of mine at bob smiths industries sent me this.... said he used bob smiths adhesives / glues on it.... @56Sierra if I recall you have a very large collection ..... I've bui,t a few but never got into the really detailed.. kits... I take this would be one ? My brother-in-law who was in the military did build a rather sizable collection... see if I can't some pictures of his models.. thought you might like to see this one.

IMG_8110.JPG

I use Bob Smith epoxy!  nice plane.  Thanks for sharing this.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2023 at 11:30 AM, 56Sierra said:

I use Bob Smith epoxy!  nice plane.  Thanks for sharing this.

Your welcome, that bob smiths expoxy is no joke... lol good stuff.. really good stuff....that guy's a character .... lol, we had a good long talk via email... at the end he told me a story.. n mentioned ... he'd never use it again without this... on hand.. yaw would like him! Lol! 

IMG_8115.JPG

I don't think it's epoxy, it is a super glue called Cyanoacrylate, unsure  works but so does acetone, the un cure is just not as aggressive as acetone.

• Like 1

Yup.... it's nothing like super glue...some types are instant bond... very quick... then some remain flexible .. some hard as glass..they carry just about any type of bonding agent wood, glass, fabric, plastic, rubber, metal..... etc etc... the black he told me is used by Nissan to attach the door weather strip...... I used the quick cure to fix a clay top that goes on my sugar container... but I keep the sugar in a freezer glad bag... then it goes in the container... no way that stuff is food grade... or safe to use around food... the tube video I watched...the guy had every type... he glued himself by accident in the video.... haha! 

Found this painting at the flea market this weekend , what you think with or wothout the frame or with a different frame of paint job on the frame 

fullsizeoutput_11c8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_11c7.jpeg

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Found this painting at the flea market this weekend , what you think with or wothout the frame or with a different frame of paint job on the frame 

fullsizeoutput_11c8.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_11c7.jpeg

No frame.  The old jagged wood makes it cool looking

• Like 4