Fishfiles

Hobbies , Arts and Crafts

Nice job !!! <<<<  You say finished >>> no stain or paint ???

We had the space station orbit right over Lacombe , I believe it was this morning , I missed it 

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Nice job !!! <<<<  You say finished >>> no stain or paint ???

We had the space station orbit right over Lacombe , I believe it was this morning , I missed it 

It was built from scratch.  Mostly stuff laying around.  Bought the adjustable feet, the 12" lazy Susan bearing and two cans of Rustoleum semi gloss clear.  I used some shellac as sanding sealer first.  The degree circle was tile printed on 8.5 x 11 and glued down on the base.

It's definitely an improvement over the base that came with it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Went out last night with the Big 10 inch.

I was recently watching a documentary on the moon , there are so many things that are a mystery about the moon , some theorize that it may have been moved there by ET's so that life can exist on earth ----- its amazing that the orbits of the moon and earth are time that we always see the same side of the moon , when the Apollo mission jettisoned their population  craft from the module and it crashed into the moon , they say the moon rang like a bell for hours ---- did you see any gray beings  ?  

• Like 1

I am building this pool stick holder , it was round , never need that many sticks outside , so I cut it in half , I stained it with Minwax stain and sealer in  Ebony ( black ) color , looking for the black look , it totally failed , should have snapped a pic

, just got finished sanding it back down , what you think would give the best black finish to this project ??  

B32ECED3-7FC7-489A-AE3D-469652FB22C8.jpeg

• Like 1

I always like cherry or walnut, but then that might not necessarily blend in with the rest of your room.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

What did you end up using?  Looks good.

Thanks ------ WOW , I thought I had some text with that pic 

I used Behr exterior primer and paint flat black  ---- I love that paint , one coat covered , I did two just because 

I installed the stick clamps but I need the size bigger , hope to go by the pool table supply soon , I called yesterday  they are $.75 each and come in 3 sizes 

7AFCC254-2685-4144-A75C-2CF1BF16A741.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 9:03 AM, Fishfiles said:

I was recently watching a documentary on the moon , there are so many things that are a mystery about the moon , some theorize that it may have been moved there by ET's so that life can exist on earth ----- its amazing that the orbits of the moon and earth are time that we always see the same side of the moon , when the Apollo mission jettisoned their population  craft from the module and it crashed into the moon , they say the moon rang like a bell for hours ---- did you see any gray beings  ?  

i didnt think you could hear sound in space.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

i didnt think you could hear sound in space.

I think you been watching to many Sci-Fi movies ...... LOL 

Finished the pool stick rack project , it is solid against the wall , holds 12 sticks >>>> really cleaned up the area 

9E926E39-7FB0-41C9-8AD6-F44872A15F1C.jpeg

You know what you got there...... Man cave heaven! I like it! Fire fighter parking only 👍just asking but is that skeeter sign for sell ?! 

image.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

You know what you got there...... Man cave heaven! I like it! Fire fighter parking only 👍just asking but is that skeeter sign for sell ?! 

image.jpg

I got that sign from the flea market   ------  Friday  night at 11:45 PM my good buddy  Andy , that owned the flea market in Lacombe passed away  , it  is called The Mighty 190 , which is said to be the oldest continuously opened flea market in business in the United States ----  Andy's birthday would have been  Saturday , he missed it by :15 minutes ---  Andy was a good dude , he did a 10 year hitch in the Army , retired and did 20 years in the Navy , his  wife is Air Force and his daughter is Navy ---- he is going to be buried  Wednesday , he would have been 71  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Caught this critter buzzing about in my kitchen ... Hence me asking about that thar... Skeeter crossing sign... We don't have anyone Mia yet... But it's just a matter of time....sigh... 

image.jpg

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Caught this critter buzzing about in my kitchen ... Hence me asking about that thar... Skeeter crossing sign... We don't have anyone Mia yet... But it's just a matter of time....sigh... 

image.jpg

That is a big one , think you could get light headed after a suck down by that one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was going to stick this in the Fish thread !!!  But I want to build  one for the bathroom >>>> lol

image.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

image.jpg

That one is somewhere between 16ga & 12ga material.  I'm leaning towards the 12 with #4 shot myself.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That is a big one , think you could get light headed after a suck down by that one 

I figured maybe y'all had them down on the coast... But that's the first one ive ever seen with wings that small and a body that big... Just glad i didn't get tagged by that thing... My guess is like you the tank on that critter might hold a complete unit! Rofl! 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2023 at 6:51 PM, 56Sierra said:

course if u were in an atmosphere, where the vibrations/i.e. sound waves could be heard, that is different. i really dont know if the moon is hollow, but it wouldnt surprise me. as far as being made of green cheese, it would be more likely made of blue cheese, judging from the color.

• Like 1

What they found was that the moon rings like a bell, reverberating sometimes for hours at a time. Not knowing much about the moon’s material composition, NASA and the Apollo astronauts were astounded by what they heard and the results that it entailed. Clearly the moon’s density was significantly less than the Earth’s.

The Moon is a little more than one-quarter of the size of Earth, another bizarre characteristic compared to any other natural satellite in our cosmic region. Of all the moons in the solar system, ours is the 5th largest. No other planet that we’re aware of has a moon that is as proportionately big as ours. All other planets with moons that size are massive gas giants. Neptune, the closest in size with a moon that big, is four times the size of Earth.

The Moon Rings Like a Bell

The Apollo missions and subsequent moon landings have been at the center of controversy and conspiracy for years. There has been an interminable debate as to  what NASA has been hiding information from us. But amid the quarreling and speculation, the number of anomalous features on the moon has puzzled scientists and conspiracy theorists alike.

Toward the latter end of the Apollo missions, NASA astronauts placed seismic recording devices on the lunar surface to document artificial and natural moonquakes. Their equipment recorded activity ranging from meteorite strikes to man-made explosions, and crash landings of Apollo rockets. Even the sun’s heat created seismic activity when it caused the moon to thaw on a daily basis.

The astronauts were given a series of ALSEPs, or Apollo Lunar Surface Experiment Packages to set up seismographs and initiate detonations ranging from shotgun-like charges to mortars with multiple grenades. Eventually, NASA intentionally crash-landed the Apollo 12 module as well as the S-IVB rocket setting off an explosive force equivalent to nearly 12 tons of TNT.

The moon is about 2,100 miles in diameter, compared to the Earth’s nearly 8,000-mile diameter, yet the mass of the moon is only 1.2 percent of Earth’s, while the volume of the moon is only 2 percent of Earth’s.

After NASA conducted these tests, it concluded that the moon has a similar composition to our planet, although significantly less dense, with a 31-mile crust of mineral plagioclase, a mantle of olivine and pyroxene, and a very small core of Iron and Sulphur. But when the Apollo astronauts first landed on the moon, they had difficulty drilling into the surface of the craters, which are anomalies in themselves.

Craters are thought to be the result of meteorite and asteroid impacts, meaning there should be a certain proportion between their depth and width. Instead many wider craters have similar depths to significantly narrower craters, with some even appearing convex. And when astronauts attempted to drill into the craters, they were barely able to penetrate the surface, discovering processed metals like brass, mica, and pure titanium.

• Like 2