Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

6 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Nope its nether ford nor toyota.... its a Dodge d 50 the small dodge pickups....like this one... Or a mitsubishi pickup bed... 

image.jpg

Frig i even googled that! Couldnt find one like it in the pics. 
That hurst bike, i had a BMX in the early 80s with those rims. Mongoose, magnesium. I Painted the rims yellow.

scan0033.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Frig i even googled that! Couldnt find one like it in the pics.

Yeah those little trucks didnt sell like hot cakes .... Only reason i knew... We because my pops purchased one brand new... Little red dodge extended cab 2 wd 5 speed, I'll say this i was shocked at the power that. Little thing had... It had 110 and had no issue doing 100 mph... Just a little 4 banger... And she'd  give all that carb model 22r toyota i had all she wanted.... She would have never touched a 22r fuel injected model.... I don't know of any small pickup that would... Maybe a nissan, but IMO ..... Toyoyta ruled back then, only small model you could get with a sfa.... Turbo gas models, diesel turbo models.... V-6 i didn't like... The 22r also clamed that old saying bullet proof.. I only know of one other engine that people acciciated with that saying n that's the ford inline 300 a true beast.... Tough as nails... I've got friends who used there's to rake hay... Engine got so hot in caught on fire... Lol, they still use that same f250 truck.... Miss those old days when a truck was a truck, n not a rolling computer that chooses which fuel it wants to use....lol! Or when it needs to stop for a red light minus what the driver wants... 

• Like 2

My neighbor has a small Dodge pickup  , not sure of the model , looks a little bigger than that ^^^ , he says it is rare cause  it has a V-8 in it , would have to guess it is a 318, it smokes the h!!! out of one tire , LOL 

• Like 1

V-8 could it be a Dodge Dakota ? I heard those trucks like the s-10 4.3 letre would really rip pavement up.... If i have this right the 4.3 is a 350 CID with two cylinders missing ? I drove a few.. And man alive! those things would get all kinds of squirly... I couldn't even imagine what a full 318 would do in a mid size pickup.... Talk about a getting gone like a scalded cat..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

V-8 could it be a Dodge Dakota ? I heard those trucks like the s-10 4.3 letre would really rip pavement up.... If i have this right the 4.3 is a 350 CID with two cylinders missing ? I drove a few.. And man alive! those things would get all kinds of squirly... I couldn't even imagine what a full 318 would do in a mid size pickup.... Talk about a getting gone like a scalded cat..... 

Edit: forgot the pic. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Thats just plain wicked..... I see the exhaust from the back hm.... Looks like GM exhaust ... Be cooler if it had the original 12-v plant, but it's still bad a--! N what a very nice color... Lol! Shades fave... (Snicker) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Edit: forgot the pic. 

image.jpg

Neighbors'  is a Dakota .....  know Chrysler/ Dodge  had a 273 , 318 , 340 , 360 --- would guess it is a 318 in that era 

• Like 1

Not really classic but a hot rod ? uh huh no doubt, n ya gotta love that sound...... Gets the blood up... 

• Like 2