Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

Do you recall this wagon ? Here's a hint in the movie the main vehicle was a 1964 Dodge D-200 Crew Cab... That was the first time i ever saw this model station wagon... What really stood out are the aluminum wheels... Surely not factory ... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Do you recall this wagon ? Here's a hint in the movie the main vehicle was a 1964 Dodge D-200 Crew Cab... That was the first time i ever saw this model station wagon... What really stood out are the aluminum wheels... Surely not factory ... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Wild guess , Chevy Chase and Vacation 

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Wild guess , Chevy Chase and Vacation 

No but that wagon was something else...lol! What did thing have something like eight head lights 4 front turns signal parking light combos and i have no clue how many brake lights... Lol!

The car appeared at the end of the movie (hint 2) there was talk of opening a motorcycle shop / store 

im drawing Blank Serria. 

Edited by _Wilson_™

No clue on the station wagon movie reference.  Other than Maybe “ The Legend of Billy  Jean “ 

22 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Mopar 440 SuperCommando 

image.png

Looks very similar to the 413 & 426 Wedge. 🤔

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

No clue on the station wagon movie reference.  Other than Maybe “ The Legend of Billy  Jean “ 

Fire in the sky. 

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Fire in the sky. 

I never seen that movie , it is based on true events about a guy being abducted by aliens a 

• Like 1

Looks like a Chevy Caprice / Kingswood Estate Wagon.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I never seen that movie , it is based on true events about a guy being abducted by aliens a 

Hm..... I didn't know it was based on true events..... Very Interesting. 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Hm..... I didn't know it was based on true events..... Very Interesting. 

The only reason I know a little bit about the story is cause I watch them alien shows 

Well , I should say alleged events cause it has not been proven as no aliens have been apprehended or  fessed up    >>>   one of the guys was supposively abducted and missing for a few days and showed up claiming he was abducted and anally probed or something to that affect by aliens , LOL 

Just found out that the Buick/ GMC dealership (used to be Pontiac/ Buick/ GMC) in my little town is closing.

My grandfather and my grandmother's brother started that dealership right after WW2, as a Pontiac dealership.  He added Buick and GMC who knows when, but retired and sold the dealership in 1990. 

When I was a kid we had a Chevy dealership, a Ford dealership, and my grandfather's place.  Ford closed first.  Chevy closed up shop in the last 10 years, when GM forced a bunch of smaller dealers out.

Sad to see it go, even though I haven't ever bought a vehicle from there.  I still have Dad's 1983 GMC that he bought there.  My grandfather's last (anjd probably only) new vehicle from there was a 1990 GMC that he sold around 2005 with 90Kish on it.  It's sitting at a vacant house around the corner from me (the woman who bought it passed away a couple of years ago, and her kids have kept the house, and I think they have the truck there to make it look like someone is living there).  The belt tensioner went out on it, and he said it had too many miles on it, so he sold it and bought a used 1995 GMC with about 40K on it that my Dad still has.

My grandfather always bought my grandmother program cars from GM, lightly used.  He usually drove trade ins from customers himself.  He'd know the people who took care of their cars, so when a good one came in on trade he would buy ti from the dealership.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Went to the Atlantic Nationals yesterday. Only took a few pics, big show otherwise.

monc 1.jpg

monc 2.jpg

monc 3.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ATC4ever said:

Went to the Atlantic Nationals yesterday. Only took a few pics, big show otherwise.

monc 1.jpg

monc 2.jpg

monc 3.jpg

Lots of Orange in them pics !!!