Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

Yes!! That kinda looks like those slick fancy high tech RC gizmos that ff posted... (I think) sept those e has are full closed cab models or all soft top ?? Or something kinda like that... I'll have to go find tht post... 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yes!! That kinda looks like those slick fancy high tech RC gizmos that ff posted... (I think) sept those e has are full closed cab models or all soft top ?? Or something kinda like that... I'll have to go find tht post... 

You right.  That is so clean it might be a toy.  I know for sure ……. It’s a Toyota.  

• Like 1

I don't know....toy or not... I see the end of four u-bolt studs (spring u-bolt clamps) n i think a veiw of brake lines or axle vent tubes... ? Purdy good detail for an RC... maybe ff can add some imput... I know this...ever sence the first day i saw one... I've wanted one, but like jeep says very rare... I've never see one in real life, just pics.. ... There used to be an off road all mud show... And those were very popular... But i believe diesel models only ? .. Possibly the one engine.. I've also wanted the toyota pre chamber 2.4 leter 2L-2 turbo diesel... I had the little bro L ..... Super tuff little sucker... Ended up over 1 million miles...well just a hair over... Finally lost enough compression i had to use the glow plugs year round... I'd have had it re sleeved...yes it had sleeves just as the industrail diesels do (some) but the price for oem parts direct from Japan ... Would have ended up costing 10 + grand..... So .... That was all she wrote... 45-50 miles to the gallon was nice!! 

• Like 2

My buddy has a Jeep Gladiator with the diesel engine , it is very nice ----- then my other buddy that owns the flea market has been working on a 70s era Toyota Land Cruiser for about a year now ( that is the yellow one I posted pics of a while back )  ---- I think I would prefer the old Toyota 

image.png

• Like 3

My buddy’s dad’s 1967 Chevy.  Been in a barn for over 20 years. Rust free.  Great project.  Right now he is talking a Tahoe frame swop.  Still found some research. Looking to upgrade to  Power steering and brakes , a/c , v-8 , automatic, etc 

6F5259A3-F8AF-46C9-A82E-068868328718.jpeg

6F69FB53-FCC7-481A-832F-DF00ADCD0DB2.jpeg

850E3D6E-2049-4AEE-8866-90AAF4E196B9.jpeg

46E4156D-E614-4BC1-951D-DD924A0862F5.jpeg

B77431D4-3254-4EC7-868B-D65D42D70810.jpeg

• Like 4

Hey fish.... Any idea which inline it has ? The 250, or 292, if he stays with the rear end it's got now (high ratio for the inline six) shell might end up being a speed demon with a v-8...... Although .... I'm not sure on what the auto trans will do in the equation ...but it would be like that 76 square body lwb 2wd i posted about... Would have made a great sleeper build if it had more low end torque... And no delay because of trying to speed shift that 3 on the tree... Lol! Love those 3 on the trees, but they had issues when people tried to shift those fast... Ha! I locked that trans in two gears more times then I'd like to recall.... Lol! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Hey fish.... Any idea which inline it has ? The 250, or 292, if he stays with the rear end it's got now (high ratio for the inline six) shell might end up being a speed demon with a v-8...... Although .... I'm not sure on what the auto trans will do in the equation ...but it would be like that 76 square body lwb 2wd i posted about... Would have made a great sleeper build if it had more low end torque... And no delay because of trying to speed shift that 3 on the tree... Lol! Love those 3 on the trees, but they had issues when people tried to shift those fast... Ha! I locked that trans in two gears more times then I'd like to recall.... Lol! 

He told me it has the smaller of the two different  in-line 6s and that the truck would only do 55 mph with the pedal to the floor 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 6:00 AM, Fishfiles said:

My buddy’s dad’s 1967 Chevy.  Been in a barn for over 20 years. Rust free.  Great project.  Right now he is talking a Tahoe frame swop.  Still found some research. Looking to upgrade to  Power steering and brakes , a/c , v-8 , automatic, etc 

6F5259A3-F8AF-46C9-A82E-068868328718.jpeg

6F69FB53-FCC7-481A-832F-DF00ADCD0DB2.jpeg

850E3D6E-2049-4AEE-8866-90AAF4E196B9.jpeg

46E4156D-E614-4BC1-951D-DD924A0862F5.jpeg

B77431D4-3254-4EC7-868B-D65D42D70810.jpeg

67-72 GM trucks are the best looking run of trucks ever, IMO

• Like 3

On July 31, 2023 at 10:30 AM, Fishfiles said:

He told me it has the smaller of the two different  in-line 6s and that the truck would only do 55 mph with the pedal to the floor 

55 wide open.... Hm.... I'm thinking a special order model...possibly a tow package, but in a c-10 ? That might very be a rare order model.... Hope he keeps it... Might even do some rearch and find out it's somewhat a treasure ... Well ... Really being a classic it already is... IMO ... It is a 3 on the tree ? I see a shift knob .... And i see it had (at one time) A/C 

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

It is a 3 on the tree ? I see a shift knob .... And i see it had (at one time) A/C 

Yep , 3 on the column --- no a/c , tat is the heater core and blower box on the fire wall 

Likely 4.11 ratio 

"  67 to 72 C10's with factory installed v8's and auto transmission normally had 3.08's. 4x4's and 6 cylinder trucks normally had either  3.73's and sometimes 4.11's."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup.... 4:11... M old friend Gus always said ..... Gearing does more then horse power... Well i agree to a point because back then engines didnt have the power needed for certain task... It's amaising to me how gearing and power can be matched up... And im thinking (gearing mistake like that old blue 76... But it turned that truck into a sleeper.. With just and engine swop inline to v-8.... And that was the only square body GMC. Ever saw with three (tree)  speed mated to a v-8 ... Just for saying... The old gm two speed power glide auto  transmittions were used in dragsters for years... No idea what the run now.....my cousin had a sweet chevy... Chevy orange... Slightly built 327 , and a power glide... Ended up in a argument with a tree.... The tree won.... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yup.... 4:11... M old friend Gus always said ..... Gearing does more then horse power... Well i agree to a point because back then engines didnt have the power needed for certain task... It's amaising to me how gearing and power can be matched up... And im thinking (gearing mistake like that old blue 76... But it turned that truck into a sleeper.. With just and engine swop inline to v-8.... And that was the only square body GMC. Ever saw with three (tree)  speed mated to a v-8 ... Just for saying... The old gm two speed power glide auto  transmittions were used in dragsters for years... No idea what the run now.....my cousin had a sweet chevy... Chevy orange... Slightly built 327 , and a power glide... Ended up in a argument with a tree.... The tree won.... 

I had a Chevy pickup with a 6 and three on the column , was around a 72 or so , acting the fool and blew up the clutch and it destroyed the bell housing and put some cuts in the floor of the truck , pieces almost came all the way thru and in the truck 

• Haha 1

Lol! I did the same with a Pontiac ..... Rod cap bolts punched holes in the oil pan....after it spun a main bearing.... It was a lime matalic puke green two door... Always had a puddle in the back right floor board after it rained... Door were barley hanging on... My older sister was murder on that poor machine... But it never used oil... I don't know which v-8 but it was one I'd never heard of before... Something close to a 307 CID ? 

• Like 1