SilentBob

What is this part?

The most interesting  drone videos I have seen are from my buddy's that hog hunt and video the hunts , I have told this story before , but maybe you have not heard it , they use drones while hunting hogs with dogs , all the dogs wear multiple collars , one collar is a gps locator to have the dogs show up on the gps screen of the handlebars of the 4 wheeler at all times , another collar is a shock collar for control of the dogs , and the lead dog wears a third collar , that one gets followed by the drone which has video record and obstacle avoidance , so the drone has a pre-set distance that it follows that lead dog , different dogs have different jobs , they use Catahoulas and they track , PitBulls and they are the warriors and the Russian Bear Dog is the head hog locator , but he doesn't take part in the take down as to not get hurt , cause they cost big bucks   , these dogs wear Kevlar vest and get stapled up from wounds all the time , the bad wounds they get taken to the vet , what is hilarious is the Catahoula is first on the capture seine  , it has the hog bayed up , the dog doesn't move in and keeps looking over his shoulder for the rest of the pack , then here comes the Pits , they don't hesitate and go right in for the ears , throat and testicles and get the hog onto the ground , once the hog is pinned down , that is when the Catahoula runs in and gets him a few bites on the hog , then runs back away , I have asked for copies and  they won't let the videos out  , as animal rights people freakout 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

Drones can be great tools.  On the RR the car department bought one to fly over empty coal train to make sure that the cars were really empty instead of having some coal hung up inside the hopper cars.  Much better than having a man climb up and down the side of each car to look.  I know some farmers that use them to do an inspection of their crops.

Thank you sierra 

Eh..... I might still do it...... I'm the type that i very  much enjoy trying new things.... get a certain knowledge about it, then move on to try something defrent and so and so on.. And I've always been very interested in aircraft of all kinds,  I'm just not too keen on being THAT FAR off the ground... Lol plus um.... Yeah i would screw with people around here if i  had a drone.... Hey! you gotta keep life exciting!! Lol!  ....... I just know someone is looking down at me thinking..... I gave you another chance at life don't mess it up! .......haha!.....but  he also creat a sence of humor (smiles) and ..... My Nephew just got his pilots license..... And he's wanting to take me up.... Something tells me this is something my little is planning for more payback and now she's recruiting others in to joine in and help her.... Lol! ...... I just have this feeling I'm in for it before all this payback is over with..... Sigh...... But i did tell her walk that line very carefully.... Fish you saw that  pic, in PM ? Well.....the way i see this is ..... Both her, kelly and numous others are planning to pull a gag  on me close to being tared  and feather.... Lol! .... Best friends she says ha! best friends my ! .....its more like comrades  in arms This is going to be fun, because they have no idea what ..... How to get my goat..... They don't have me backed into a corner just yet..... I just wander if it will  be thanksgiving.... 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

The most interesting  drone videos I have seen are from my buddy's that hog hunt and video the hunts , I have told this story before , but maybe you have not heard it , they use drones while hunting hogs with dogs , all the dogs wear multiple collars , one collar is a gps locator to have the dogs show up on the gps screen of the handlebars of the 4 wheeler at all times , another collar is a shock collar for control of the dogs , and the lead dog wears a third collar , that one gets followed by the drone which has video record and obstacle avoidance , so the drone has a pre-set distance that it follows that lead dog , different dogs have different jobs , they use Catahoulas and they track , PitBulls and they are the warriors and the Russian Bear Dog is the head hog locator , but he doesn't take part in the take down as to not get hurt , cause they cost big bucks   , these dogs wear Kevlar vest and get stapled up from wounds all the time , the bad wounds they get taken to the vet , what is hilarious is the Catahoula is first on the capture seine  , it has the hog bayed up , the dog doesn't move in and keeps looking over his shoulder for the rest of the pack , then here comes the Pits , they don't hesitate and go right in for the ears , throat and testicles and get the hog onto the ground , once the hog is pinned down , that is when the Catahoula runs in and gets him a few bites on the hog , then runs back away , I have asked for copies and  they won't let the videos out  , as animal rights people freakout 

Yeah i recall some of this ^^^^ very interesting to! Eh stuff those animal rights nut jobs..... Just Waite till they have to deal with the destructive nature of those wild hogs ..... 

I met a camper down here that also built and flew RC planes.   He got into the drones and just has a blast with them.  While we were fishing together one evening I asked if his drone would be able to fly my 6" Croaker and 2oz sinker way out in the Bay and drop it.  Yup!  He's promised to come back this December and bring his drone this time.  I keep thinking of getting one and know I'd find more and more uses for it the longer I owned it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I met a camper down here that also built and flew RC planes.   He got into the drones and just has a blast with them.  While we were fishing together one evening I asked if his drone would be able to fly my 6" Croaker and 2oz sinker way out in the Bay and drop it.  Yup!  He's promised to come back this December and bring his drone this time.  I keep thinking of getting one and know I'd find more and more uses for it the longer I owned it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

That's cheating!!  Where do I get a setup like that.

I've been looking at bait boats and as usual with me I say to myself I can build one so this winter I'll doodle up some drawings on beer soaked napkins and build something for next year.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

That's cheating!!  Where do I get a setup like that.

I've been looking at bait boats and as usual with me I say to myself I can build one so this winter I'll doodle up some drawings on beer soaked napkins and build something for next year.

Hope that storm does what they think it will.  

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Hope that storm does what they think it will.  

Yeah me too.  Don't think we will see anything here.

Katrina took that same track.  But the front moving in should steer it back out into the Atlantic 

My neighbor has a fancy drone.  He can look over his entire thousand acres and go way out over our land as well, all while sitting on the porch of his cabin watching footage of it like he's playing a video game.

I looked into getting one but they're $$$!

• Like 3

That's one among  a few reasons i didn't go that route.....remote to drone range.....nothing close to that much land, least not in one area....  But still the price on a real good quality drone.... And most of the videos... I've watched don't comment on problems with the remote signal reaching the drones .... ... But I'm not yet done researching this s idea... Because the more i think about it, there are quiet a number of things a drone would be great for.... 

My brothers have a couple of drones to check crops but we found them to be useful to chase cattle out of the fields when they get out of the neighbors fence. I bought a cheap one with decent reviews just to play around with and after a few times using it, it went straight to the fire pit. If even the slightest breeze that thing was unreliable. My brothers aren't highest end but they are so much easier to control even in 20mph winds. My next one I'll be dropping a little more money on so it's not just wasted money. 

Sorry, I don't have any odd ball parts pictures to share and you probably don't want to see my cats. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nice twist fish... Guess that tool.... I like it! .....hm... I'll admit i cheated..... And still came up with nothing..... Well....maybe something KINDA close but nope....... Hint ? 

Ill not cheat again, my word! 

Edited by _Wilson_™

The best guess I heard that I liked was a animal ear splitter for tags ??? 

Ear tag pliers hold both the tag, and the lock, and they punch right through the ear lock the tag, Nd your done .. .. At least for cattle now they do make a notcher just cuts a small wedge in the ear we used those to keep track of how old the moma cows, and herd bull are.... Those might be an older type set ? I was thinking a carpet tool ? Most likely I'm way wrong.... Still wondering.... Lol! 

Notchers basically look the same on the cutting end hand,es way vary....outs are short handle... You don't wont a large tool working at the head of a cow locked in a chut... Very good way to get hurt bad....especially with a bull with a bad attitude....and yes most do have very bad anger issues..... Lol! Top pic ear notchers.... Bottom tag pliers

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The best guess I heard that I liked was a animal ear splitter for tags ??? 

So no one knows ?! 

I'll toss in...... Y'all will never get this one.... Lol!... And NOPE it's not dirty.....and yes it's designed to inflict pain to a certain degree. 

image.jpg

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'll toss in...... Y'all will never get this one.... Lol!... And NOPE it's not dirty.....and yes it's designed to inflict pain to a certain degree. 

image.jpg

Looks like something some emo chick would wear on her wrist instead of a tool

18 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

image.jpg

Looks like it goes in a bulls nose?

• Like 1