aggiec05

New Member AggieC05 with 86 350

I recently inherited my grandfathers 1986 Fourtrax 350 looking to give it some more life and let me kids enjoy riding it as much as I did.

The good:
Engine is still strong, starts quickly and shifts relatively well. 

The bad:

Pivot Bearings and pivot bolts on front missing (where can i even find these?)

Cracked plastic everywhere (I can get by with this as kids are likely to be rough on it)

seat foam is basically gone (I have a new cover, need to find some foam replacement)

Carb could use a good cleaning

Can anyone help me find where to buy pivot bearings and a pivot bolt? Assuming that's what I am missing here:

my 86 fourtrax350

Edited by aggiec05
  • Like 2

Get the part numbers here for the swingarm bolts, and do a search on ebay.  First make sure the threads on the frame aren't stripped.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/1986/trx350-a-fourtrax-4x4/front-swingarm

Cracked plastic drill a tiny hole at the end of the crack to keep it from further spreading.

Seat foam, I'd try to find some closed cell foam at a fabric store (think couch cushions etc) and shape it with an electric knife.

Welcome to the board!

congratulations and welcome to the forums

Download the service manual from the folder labeled service manuals. See my pic.

do all the service items. Only use wet clutch engine oil not automotive oil. These quads don’t have a separate transmission case.

you can still buy printed genuine Honda service manuals on eBay for your quad. They run $10 to $200, so keep your eye out!!

only buy oem parts. Use the oem parts finder at Rocky Mountain atv and Partzilla 

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts?PID=6162047&ref=cj&cjevent=739b5cf1059a11e983e401da0a240614

Edited by Goober

When I had to redo my seat I believe I used the seat foam from 1st gen 350 rancher seat I had laying around. I'll have to look and see if I have any pictures. One of the aftermarket companies might offer a foam that is close enough without forming one to fit.

welcome to our forums. if you can't find the parts you need new ?, let me know, i'm sure i can locate them for you.

• Like 1

Welcome to ATVHonda  >>>>  many moons ago , I was in the need for a 300 seat foam and never had one , I bought a

memory foam  from the fabric store , now it was very expensive , I paid about $40 for the piece , I was lucky enough to have a foam saw , you can do it with a electric  knife --- it is a very comfortable seat 

On 11/9/2022 at 11:56 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Get the part numbers here for the swingarm bolts, and do a search on ebay.  First make sure the threads on the frame aren't stripped.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/1986/trx350-a-fourtrax-4x4/front-swingarm

Cracked plastic drill a tiny hole at the end of the crack to keep it from further spreading.

Seat foam, I'd try to find some closed cell foam at a fabric store (think couch cushions etc) and shape it with an electric knife.

Welcome to the board!

How do I know which bearing taper roller I need (part 22) if mine are missing?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

• Like 2

Either one should work.  I doubt there is any difference at all.  Honda will sometimes change part numbers based on a new contract from a supplier.  Same part, different part number. 

• Like 1

@aggiec05Picture of 86-89 TRX350 Keihin QA03A carb:

4 orings and a starter jet passage plug.

i like Shindy and K&L kits but they don’t come with the plug; you have to buy an OEM gasket kit or a set of Gold Wing passage plugs.

0ADB7FEF-FE17-46B1-AB69-A5FEA531EDB2.jpeg

• Like 1