Wheeler

New Zillas

I pulled the pin & going back with Zillas again haha. I weighed the Executioners on the rim (26”x10”x12”) for a total weight of 38lbs per tire, or 152lbs

The new weight per wheel with Zillas (26”x9”x12” & 26”x11”x12”) was 32lbs per wheel. (Makes no sense as the fronts are smaller & rears wider, but that’s what scale showed) So I actually saved a total of 6lbs per wheel or 24lbs of rotational mass. 128lbs total. That’s huge for a small cc engine. It’s all about power to weight ratio! Lol. 400bbk with light tires should give me quicker acceleration haha. Everything counts. Haha. 

the Zillas run taller than the Kendas for sure. 

image.jpg

IMG_3577.jpeg

IMG_3578.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 2

I'm still miffed that they discontinued Mud Bugs.   They were light like a Zilla but had that paddle like the Executioners.

I have 27" Executioners on my 09 500, and you know how heavy they are by how the machine behaves.  The 28" Mug Bugs have more pep on my 06.  Bigger tire, but lighter.

• Like 1

I've had Zillas for 6 years now and love them. I put 27's on my Rubicon.

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I'm still miffed that they discontinued Mud Bugs.   They were light like a Zilla but had that paddle like the Executioners.

I have 27" Executioners on my 09 500, and you know how heavy they are by how the machine behaves.  The 28" Mug Bugs have more pep on my 06.  Bigger tire, but lighter.

Mud Bugs cannot be beat. They had a good run though. I sold my 25's but no way I'm parting with my 28's. The Swamp Witches I'm running on Rubicant #2 have been working pretty good as well. Which is no surprise, back when HighLifter (HL) was selling the Outlaw MST it was a really close performer to the Mud Bugs But we never seen many of them up here until Arctic Cat came out with the first Mud Pro models and used the MST's on them for the first year or two before switching over to Zilla's instead, other than those factory sets, buying them aftermarket was quite expensive, much more than what Mud Bugs were costing at the time IIRC, which were always popular here. 

I like the zillas but they don't last like Mud Bugs did. Maybe sometimes you don't need to get 10 years out of a set of tires though. I haven't even been paying attention much to the new tires out there. Seems like lots of trail tires then everyone else buys tractor tires now. HL discontinued the Outlaws, never thought I'd see the day.

• Like 1

I tend to READ the tire threads.... And not be in the line of fire... Haha! However i believe the first time i ever heard of mud bugs was MOST likely jeep.... I did not know they stopped production .... Hm....and my next set i had already planned to be mudbugs... I was going to take these mudlites .... Off this one and put them on the 97 here ... And get shud of those Carlisle at489..... Old pic never mind the cmp bumper brackets .... I was testing height placement ... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

The reason that the Zillas don’t last as long as others, or wear faster if ur on hard pac is due to how soft they are. Reason they are so light. I know I looked at a set of Bugs back I. The day, but I’ve nester got to try a set out. 

• Thanks 1

I keep my Zillas off the tar. They do see quite a bit of gravel. 5500 miles on them and still look almost like new.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Mac102004 said:

Mud Bugs cannot be beat. They had a good run though. I sold my 25's but no way I'm parting with my 28's. The Swamp Witches I'm running on Rubicant #2 have been working pretty good as well. Which is no surprise, back when HighLifter (HL) was selling the Outlaw MST it was a really close performer to the Mud Bugs But we never seen many of them up here until Arctic Cat came out with the first Mud Pro models and used the MST's on them for the first year or two before switching over to Zilla's instead, other than those factory sets, buying them aftermarket was quite expensive, much more than what Mud Bugs were costing at the time IIRC, which were always popular here. 

I like the zillas but they don't last like Mud Bugs did. Maybe sometimes you don't need to get 10 years out of a set of tires though. I haven't even been paying attention much to the new tires out there. Seems like lots of trail tires then everyone else buys tractor tires now. HL discontinued the Outlaws, never thought I'd see the day.

The ! you say! 

I have 26" Bugs on the kid's 300, the other kid's 350 Rancher, and the wife's Rubicon, 27" Bugs on my Rubicon, and 28" Bugs on my 06 Foreman. 

If I could find some old stock I'd buy an extra set just to have, but can't find any 27's at all, and only 26x12 in the 26's.

I really wanted a set of 27x8 fronts and 27x12 rears.  @basfnb did that on his Rubicon and it steers super easy.

Correction to my earlier post... 3500 miles on my Zillas. 27x9x12 front, 27x11x12 on rear.

16935002417155180286313677902520.jpg

• Like 4

I looked at and like the Zillas but when the time comes for a new set of tires, I'm going with Bear Claws.

• Like 1

Old Mudzilla I never ride them on the street and they have lasted a long time 

image.pngimage.png

• Like 4

On 8/31/2023 at 11:40 AM, jeepwm69 said:

The ! you say! 

I have 26" Bugs on the kid's 300, the other kid's 350 Rancher, and the wife's Rubicon, 27" Bugs on my Rubicon, and 28" Bugs on my 06 Foreman. 

If I could find some old stock I'd buy an extra set just to have, but can't find any 27's at all, and only 26x12 in the 26's.

I really wanted a set of 27x8 fronts and 27x12 rears.  @basfnb did that on his Rubicon and it steers super easy.

I remember a lot of guys ran 27x8's back in the day up front, worked good before PS. I always liked the wider footprint though.

22 hours ago, Mac102004 said:

I remember a lot of guys ran 27x8's back in the day up front, worked good before PS. I always liked the wider footprint though.

Yeah I have 10 wides on the front of all of mine, but his 8" sure do make steering easy.