toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

11 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Fixed is fixed !!

image.png

That Looks to be an older model school buss.....hm......that might explain what happened to the original wheel...... Lol! 

17 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

These are a gateway drug.  Before you know it you have these.

20210524_110801.jpg

Boy if that ain't the truth!!!

P1060022.JPG

P1060024.JPG

P1060021.JPG

P1060019.JPG

DSC_0109.jpg

PICT0035.JPG

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

A little photo shop

domewfullsizecub4.jpg

That's some really cool planes you got there , a lot of time and a small fortune no doubt 

I built a R/C plane , took about 100 hours or more , came out really nice , red and white my favorite colors  , top wing Piper style , very similar to the one in your picture above , it was a 40 engine style kit  from Great Plains  , got it airborne and never seen it again , looked " about a 100 hours or more " ^^^ for it , LOL --- that's when I switch to R/C boats 

Still got this boat  , it is a WitchCraft 40 hull out of New York , with a OPS RedTop 67 Marine water cooler engine , in the pic it has throttle body / header set up , I also have an exhaust throttle / header setup  for full out race day  that is the way to go (what you are doing is pressurizing the tank from the header and flowing full flow to the engine thru a needle valve and using an exhaust flapper like a jack brake to slow it down  a bit , so basically it is a decelerator and you are running wide open )  >>>>>  there was a State Trooper in our club and he radared it at 87 miles per hours , which blew to doors of 60 boats , but they made me run unlimited class cause it was a modified 40 / 67  --- last time I looked 30%  Nitro fuel for it cost $50-60 per gallon , it will get about 3 - 15 minute runs on a gallon of fuel , sound like a 250 Kawasaki 2 stroke motocross bike , throws a rooster tail 20 ft up and 80 ft back 

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Boy if that ain't the truth!!!

P1060022.JPG

P1060024.JPG

P1060021.JPG

P1060019.JPG

DSC_0109.jpg

PICT0035.JPG

That is fine !!!  ^^^^ 

Have you took off and landed on the snow , looks heavy in that pic or the snow is loose , looks like it is leaving a dent 

Always dreamt  of a float plane and taking off and landing on the water !!! 

That plane looks like a Super cub. I flew in one of those on skis with a friend. That thing could take off and land on some pretty small lakes. I've never been on floats.

IMG_20200207_145857068_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20220702_095112076_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Fish, 

Yes, have done a lot of flying off of snow and water, not so much as of late but used to do it all of the time. I had a Hobby Lobby Telemaster 40 on floats (72": span) with an HB .60 on it to make sure it got off of the water with some authority. That was so much fun, I think all I did was touch and goes with that thing, it was just so cool to get it up on step and watch the water blow back. Flew that thing a lot, unfortunately I flew it off of the water so much that the center section had taken on some water underneath the covering (Wasn't Monocote) and I was flying it out at the flying field one day and the wing folded about 4" out from the glassed section and it dove straight into the ground, total loss😖.

As far as the snow flying that's just as much fun, plane isn't/wasn't heavy I had walked up from the back and kind of dropped it into the snow so that there wasn't any tracks in the picture so it looks like it is sinking in a ways.  There is a lot of surface area on those skis, they are about 18" long and 3 1/2" wide so it can fly off of the fluffiest powder snow, always had to put a little down trim into offset the extra lift from the skis.😁 But kind of the same thing all you do is touch and goes, keeping the tail up as you scoot across the snow.

Also had a Senior Telemaster with a COMO .75  (Super Tigre) on it, I built a glider carrier to launch sail planes at about 700-800' that was always fun as well.

Also a Hangar 9 "Twist" (ARF) with an 0.S. Max .61SF had that I had put a set of skis on in the winter time as well.

But I think my favorite kind of flying out of all of my years, is slope flying, no motors just dependent on the wind blowing into the face of a slope for lift. 

The one pic of all the planes in the grass, those are all sailplanes and slope planes.

I also have a boat, hasn't run in years. Prather 35 tunnel hull, I have a K&B .45 outboard with a tuned pipe, top end on that was about 55, pretty much for smooth calm water, a friend of mine had an Atlas Van lines Hydroplane with an O.S. .90 that thing would do over 70. 87mph is impressive. With all the electric stuff that has come out I wasn't even sure if they were still making glo fuel anymore😁

Good times, Good Memories. Amazing how fast time goes.

concert 509.JPG

concert 510.JPG

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0082.JPG

20230107_104314[1].jpg

20230107_104426[1].jpg

• Like 4

Prov,

Just a J3 Cub, supercub had a different engine cowl and a shorter wing span. Man do those pic bring back a lot of memories. All I ever wanted to do as a kid was fly those things. I  was pretty bummed when my boys showed no interest in it. So as time marched on I spent less and less time time doing it boys were involved in sports so the time wad shifted there. I  go do it now and again,  the electric stuff makes it a little easier, not messing with fuel. I sure miss the smell of nitro and the sound of a whining motor though!😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PROV said:

FF, that is some cool stuff.

I agree nice collection FF.........your addition to planes ..... Wouldn't have anything to do with your handle would it ? Lol

As a matter of fact........does, one of my sail planes was made by a company called Craft-air and the model design is called a Freedom, the pic right before the pic of the boat is me launching the Freedom. Great sloping plane.😁

• Like 3

Green New Deal 

These is the dualie donkey package --- also there is a two goat economy package 

image.png

"If a man is a fool, you don't train him out of being a fool by sending him to university. You merely turn him into a trained fool, ten times more dangerous."