Derf40

screen repair...

I se nt my screen to AKATV for repair.when I got it back, I reinstalled it on my bike and it's looks and works great too. AKATV does great work and I highly recommend his service. Happy trails to all.

IMG_2089.JPG

• Like 7

Thanks for the update and the kind words, glad to help out fellow riders and forum members

If anyone has any non working parts speedometers for the Foreman 450 or Rancher 350 please let me know and we can work it out, as at this point I am completely out of spare parts for repairs

• Like 2

i finally put it in. looks good. outer screen is dirty. the sun is at my back, so picture aint as good as it could be.

DSCN2671.JPG

• Like 1

Glad to see that you got it all back together and that it is working well

I was wondering why you put black tape over your led lights?

• Like 1

tape slid on green light., and oil light. the LED's are too bright, especially at night.  i had them so only a tiny corner of light shines out. lol

Edited by LedFTed
why not

I've never seen black tape over those LEDs ... Before ...I'd would think the display back ground  light would cause issues too 

13 hours ago, LedFTed said:

tape slid on green light., and oil light. the LED's are too bright, especially at night.  i had them so only a tiny corner of light shines out. lol

LOL.  Get you some tint and put it on them!

• Haha 1

I know from running at night in the boat , any light with making seeing hard------ What might look more professional than tape and work better to lessen the light blind and still be able to see the lights  , get a pack of them self stick felt protector pads used  for the bottom of  ash trays and stuff , they come in an assortment pack of sizes cheap at Home Depot , use the one that fits and drive a nail thru thru the middle to create an orifice in it before sticking it over the light , they stick good and can handle getting wet and not make a mess with glue if you ever pull it off 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Can't those LEDs be changed out ?? I know 300 dash bulbs can ..... I changed mine to superbright wedge LEDs ... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

no, they can not be changed out, they are made into the circuit board.

• Like 1

Easily would be the key word there. With a little know how (I don't have it) it could be done. The bulbs I think are just soldered in place on the circuit board.

• Like 1

Scotch 33, or what ever number it is, works for me. it is electrical tape, the best, as far as i'm concerned,.. you got to consider the tape used v/s doing profound work, when a small bit of tape is used, to accomplish the goal, it is worth it. besides, i only, got a problem, at night with atv light's on the screen, those 3 light's. with that tape. i can still see the lights during the day. those three.

i used to run at night, on Taylorsville Lake. better to run in the dark, than with boat lights on. you see better. Hard to explain for the uninitiated. best time for fishing cat's, for me. Plus shore patrol, was not as bad at the lakes. time's have changed. Oh well.

Edited by LedFTed

45 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

Scotch 33, or what ever number it is, works for me. it is electrical tape, the best, as far as i'm concerned,.. you got to consider the tape used v/s doing profound work, when a small bit of tape is used, to accomplish the goal, it is worth it. besides, i only, got a problem, at night with atv light's on the screen, those 3 light's. with that tape. i can still see the lights during the day. those three.

i used to run at night, on Taylorsville Lake. better to run in the dark, than with boat lights on. you see better. Hard to explain for the uninitiated. best time for fishing cat's, for me. Plus shore patrol, was not as bad at the lakes. time's have changed. Oh well.

I use to have a CDI till a couple of years back , when I drove at night I would put on a dim blue 12v light under the dash , the blue glow is amazing at making your night vision and glare better to deal with 

On my boat , all the dash lights are on two switch , not so nessacary and  nessacary , the gps , depth finder and vhf are on dimmest setting  ,  the running lights are recessed tear drops in the front and the rear is on back the fan tail , so you can't see not a spec of  glare or light  while running at night , it can look pretty wicked as the water illuminates is the only way you can tell they are on , when you hit a school of jellyfish and the water glows iridescent it is like a sci-fi movie 

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

On my boat , all the dash lights are on two switch , not so nessacary and  nessacary , the gps , depth finder and vhf are on dimmest setting  ,  the running lights are recessed tear drops in the front and the rear is on back the fan tail , so you can't see not a spec of  glare or light  while running at night , it can look pretty wicked as the water illuminates is the only way you can tell they are on , when you hit a school of jellyfish and the water glows iridescent it is like a sci-fi movie 

you got to show some picture's, if ya can.

Of jellyfish at night ?? >> Need my matrix usb cord plugged into my brain , cause I ain't got one -----  Most of the time it is fluorescent green , I ave been where it is blue , think it is really the clarity and salinity of the water that affects the color -------I bet there are some videos on u-tube 

On 3/19/2020 at 1:50 PM, Fishfiles said:

Of jellyfish at night ?? >> Need my matrix usb cord plugged into my brain , cause I ain't got one -----  Most of the time it is fluorescent green , I ave been where it is blue , think it is really the clarity and salinity of the water that affects the color -------I bet there are some videos on u-tube 

Don't know, maybe want to, what ya put in your drink. Seems interesting though.

^^^^ i understand the part about not having a brain. i see these people all the time. sometimes they post.

What was in your drink, when you seen this? is it worth trying?

if you would rather lay down while you discuss this, i will understand. just send a CD. i promise i won't make copies. lol

Edited by LedFTed
just because