bcsman

Let's talk farm equipment

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

What a waste of time , money , labor and intelligence , even for me !!! 

• Like 1

Our new rake tried to give itself a new folding option earlier this year. I didn't catch the bolts coming loose (wasn't really looking for problems on a new peice of equipment) so I got a surprise. I'm just glad it happened later in the day and not 5 in the morning. 

20230902_081612.jpg

20230902_081558.jpg

• Like 2

Sweet! ^^^^^ Old school ! Like those bar rakes a lot better then those finger tine wheel rakes... but what fun it is to replace those wheel rake tines when just one needs replacing the worst model... we ever had was a 10 wheel (5 on one side)  m and w (I think that's it ?) maybe w and m ? .... what a junk pile those things are.... or used to be... new idea..disk mower. is another failure... hex shaft drive bar << (new idea) verses strait cut gear drive... they are ear piecing loud but bad to the bone....

The caption of this pic read 

Logging : Making the impossible , possible 

image.png

• Haha 1

this followed me home yesterday, b1700, with a loader, 60 inch belly mower.

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

• Like 2

Nice score! I would hunt up the snowblower and back hoe attachments …. And i think that would be the compete kit offered with that one….i thought maybe a tiller….

15 hours ago, shadetree said:

this followed me home yesterday, b1700, with a loader, 60 inch belly mower.

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0804.JPG

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

i thought you already had a Kubota?

• Haha 1

Jeep….. if you would dare to venture into the chat room ….. well…. It’s been an experience to say the least….lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Nice score! I would hunt up the snowblower and back hoe attachments …. And i think that would be the compete kit offered with that one….i thought maybe a tiller….

i have a tiller, 4ft gear drive tiller.

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

i thought you already had a Kubota?

i did...do...but it did not have a loader on it !?!., but it's going too now !!!..lol.

28 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I ain’t never in all my born days…. Sigh. 

WELL...YOU HAVE NOW !!..ROFL.

Posted (edited)

I’m still waiting on jeeps comment…….must be still trying to figure out why you had to have two identical tractors ? ROFL! Cause you never said exactly why you had to have another one… oh I’ll just leave at two is better then one…. (Monkey thrown wrench into the machine)   

Edited by _Wilson_™

On 6/9/2024 at 12:07 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

I’m still waiting on jeeps comment…….must be still trying to figure out why you had to have two identical tractors ? ROFL! Cause you never said exactly why you had to have another one… oh I’ll just leave at two is better then one…. (Monkey thrown wrench into the machine)   

i guess you missed the short yellow bus again..huh ?..i got this tractor...FOR THE FRONT END LOADER !!..LOL. the oem loader ( LA301 ) is no longer being made and sold by kubota ?..thank god too !..or it would cost just as much as both of these tractors !!!. sooo..i ran into this b1700 on fakebook ( you know the story )...just to get my hands on the front-end loader, to swap over to my b2100, as this loader is what came on the b2100 back when it was sold new.

• Thanks 1

here is some prep-work on the front end loader main brackets, some grinding rust spots down, and then some base paint. kubota orange, 25 bucks a can ( 4 )..from dealer...yikes !!.

IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

IMG_0830.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I dont think I’ll ever forget what it took to find one….. 

like trying to find a unicorn !!!..lol

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Or a winning lottery ticket ….. lol! 

pretty much...lol.

17 hours ago, shadetree said:

i guess you missed the short yellow bus again..huh ?..i got this tractor...FOR THE FRONT END LOADER !!..LOL. the oem loader ( LA301 ) is no longer being made and sold by kubota ?..thank god too !..or it would cost just as much as both of these tractors !!!. sooo..i ran into this b1700 on fakebook ( you know the story )...just to get my hands on the front-end loader, to swap over to my b2100, as this loader is what came on the b2100 back when it was sold new.

I screwed up when I bought the Deere 2640 without a front end loader, thinking I could add one later.

The tractor was $5K back about 15 years ago.   The same tractor with a FEL was about $7500 at the time.  The FEL by itself is about $3-4K for a worn out one, or $7-8K for a new one.

Live and learn.  Get the implements WITH THE TRACTOR.  Much cheaper to do it that way.