bcsman

Let's talk farm equipment

Puzzle solved! Thx fish! Besides the collapse of the Soviet Union ... (Maybe) effecting production.... Maintenance on it (i would think) would be over kill for such a small machine... Most likely priced so high...that also played a part in limited production... On the other hand if it was German built... I'd say much better built at a better price plus better quality ... Machine. 

What was its purpose.   looks  about as useful as t’its  on a bull hog.  

• Like 1

I don't really know... Rice is raised in a wet environment .... Besides being good for ya, and coming in deferent colors, n very usefull in drying out electronics ... That's about all i know about rice... Lol jeep might know.... But! I've seen rice fields in Arkansas..... And also close to the miss river.... But then again... That machine weighs in at (what did he say in the vid ?) 60 something thousand lbs (15 tons) or 60 tons (120.000) lbs.... I'm thinking 60 thousand... That's not too heavy for tilling ground especially with the load spread out over tracks and not just on the tires... With what all he said... I chalk it up to way over built. 

Fun fact.

Rice grows just fine without being submerged in water.   The flooding is done to control weeds, not because rice requires standing water in which to grow.

• Thanks 1

Fun Fact :

Rice farmers down here are getting  3 money harvest from rice fields , one is the rice , the second are crayfish in the ponds after the rice is  harvest and 3rd are  " guided " goose hunts in their ponds , my buddy goes every year and tried to give me all the geese I wanted , there is no limit , last year  they shot 3 - 155 gallon Igloos of to the top filled with geese -------  I did not want any , they suck , stink to high heaven when you cook them   and taste about the same way they smell 

• Like 1

Too much time of their hands !!!  ----  Styx sung that song

image.png

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I never seen one like this before 

image.png

Ha! I used to have one ....... I had a rather large collection of 1/64 scale replicas....and. That one was one i located at a specialty toy store in columbia way way way back...... Wished i still had that collection cuz, no telling what some of them were worth, my friend dra ..... Who i used to haul silage with.... Still had some of his, n had been offered a small fortune for them..... There used to be one just like that model sept grey in color... County used it to clean ditches out..... Haven't seen that machine in along time....so they started using the chain gang a bit more (plus plus) least they were paying tax payers back some...... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Going to get it running again someday !!!!   >>>>>

image.png

i wonder how long it's been sitting there ?..rofl.

51 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i wonder how long it's been sitting there ?..rofl.

Looks like a 70s era machine.  So 40-50 years I’d guess.