bcsman

Let's talk farm equipment

54 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'm a bigger fan of cat then johndeere... 

Fun Fact , John Deere is owned by Hitachi and Cat is owned by Mitsubishi , which means Three Diamonds  and was the engine in the Zeros that bombed Pearl Harbor , so who's winning now , Fiat use to be the biggest umbrella equipment company , if I remember right they own Ford Equipment and New Holland too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive never seen a self propelled corn picker..... I always enjoyed grinding feed .... Especially.. Full Ear...most people wouldn't believe how good that feed smells by the time you add alfalfa ...auroe s 700 crumbles dried molasses... Ect ect....

image.jpg

You know them big dump trucks that work in off road dirt jobs , that is what ran over this light plant 

image.png

• Haha 2

Redneck lawn and garden show honorable mention  award 

image.png

Sigh..... Picture n video issues again.... I'll check back over these soon as the net stops acting up.... 

39 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Sigh..... Picture n video issues again.... I'll check back over these soon as the net stops acting up.... 

does this pic  work for you

image.png

• Haha 1

Many a time i road with a tractor that had those type canopies.... Cooler under that type then under a two post metal one even if the top is yellow... Not as noisy ether...  I gotta get gone ... Cheers y'all have a good un. 

On 5/18/2023 at 6:15 PM, Fishfiles said:

" Don't want to let it go , going to fix it up " 

image.png

haha..let me guess fish, its parked in your back yard ??..lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Pulled the radiator off my old Deere 2640, dropped it off at the rad shop this morning on my way to work.

Haven't mowed my roads yet this year, and they need it badly, but the guy who runs the local radiator shop is getting older and has cut back to a 4 day week, and leaves early a lot (i pass his shop going to and from work), so not sure how much longer I'll have a good local radiator shop, so I'm having him go through the radiator for me.  This guy's father used to do all the radiator work for my grandfather's car dealership shop back before I was born and when I was a kid. 

With most auto radiators now being disposable, I figured the old radiator shops of the past will slowly die off.  That said, he was busy this morning.  Had about 8-10 rads in the floor of his shop.  Said most were off of power units (irrigation pumps) and a few 18 wheeler rads, so I guess at least the big stuff they're still putting heavy good radiators on them.

• Like 2

That's a good thing they will never go that route (desposable) with those type rads... Because they won't hold up to the abuse those machines take....this will help thin out the shops some (cream rises to the top) same guy thrat used to hunt on my place also has a rad shop.... Over charges n doesn't do good work, sadly it's the only rad shop in columbia... @Wormy you might know him... Twinky ? Jr cates.... He's a flat more crook... I've got a good mind to tell him to his face as he still owes me money.... Yet charged me to check my 97 xj jeep A/c (should have done it myself, n will from now on) instead of working out the a deal over the money he owes... I've told everyone .... To stay clear of him n his shop... Dennis son stopped working for him because of crooked dealings... Little does he know I've been charging him extra for now paying me on time, AND HE WILL PAY ME WHAT HE OWES OR ELSE... myself and a few guys just might pay him ... What he won't like...