Fishfiles

Fish

Ain't there nothing sacred no more !!!  Fishing / boating is suppose to be .....

Caught jigging while trolling for walleye on the St. Mary's river off of Sugar Island.  Nothing to brag about I'd be happy to catch pike all day long.

CDF9D644-5FC9-471B-BA2F-E6A459FB9EFD.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, walhonding300 said:

Caught jigging while trolling for walleye on the St. Mary's river off of Sugar Island.  Nothing to brag about I'd be happy to catch pike all day long.

CDF9D644-5FC9-471B-BA2F-E6A459FB9EFD.JPG

Nice !!! >>>  I see , about 5 pounds of nuggets fried crispy , dunked in a blend of ketchup , horseradish , Wis'ter'shirer Sauce , lemon juice and a dash of yellow mustard --- Sa'say'bon!

" But , Mr Wildlife Agent , we tried to find a life preserver that fit " 

image.png

• Like 1

On the pier with my fishin' buddy Marvin.  He was waiting on me when I got here at 02:30 and by 3 has had his breakfast of three Croakers.  Less than 12 hours ago he had eight fish for dinner.  I'm not sure who is goofier.  Me or Marvin.

PXL_20231013_081734455.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

On the pier with my fishin' buddy Marvin.  He was waiting on me when I got here at 02:30 and by 3 has had his breakfast of three Croakers.  Less than 12 hours ago he had eight fish for dinner.  I'm not sure who is goofier.  Me or Marvin.

PXL_20231013_081734455.jpg

Didn't  " Marvin " ^^^^^^ hang out with you last year ?  Think it is the same bird ?  I'd guess some kind of heron ? And young ... 

Did you'll get that 50+ mph blast night before last ? 

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Didn't  " Marvin " ^^^^^^ hang out with you last year ?  Think it is the same bird ?  I'd guess some kind of heron ? And young ... 

Did you'll get that 50+ mph blast night before last ? 

I think we had considerably less than that.

Same bird I believe.  I noticed last year he has a claw missing on his right foot.  The only way I can identify him from the "Freds" in the Gulf side.  This bird sees me coming and often beats me to the pier.

PXL_20231004_205100248.jpg

I was watching North Woods Law this past week and they were banding loons , he said the one he was re-banding had a old  band on it that was almost 30 years old  --- I know  parrots  can live 100 years -- 

1 hour ago, 56Sierra said:

Caught my first Shark today.  34".  Fought like a wad of seaweed.

Nice looking shark !!!! >>> I wonder what it is ?  Baby Great White !!!! 

We catch one that looks very similar , call it a black tip or a spinner , no seaweed on them ,  you know when you got one of the on the line , they jump out the water , go air born and do a spin , I have only seen them get 3-4 ft long 

They are not too bad eating , if your hungry , LOL ---- taste kind of urine'ney