Fishfiles

Fish

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

heck of a fishin buddy..

• Like 1

Spearfishers Remove Nearly 20,000 Invasive Lionfish from the Gulf of Mexico in Two Days

Participants in the annual Emerald Coast Open Lionfish Tournament set an all-time record for removal of the invasive species, besting last year's total by more than 11,000 fis

image.png

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Spearfishers Remove Nearly 20,000 Invasive Lionfish from the Gulf of Mexico in Two Days

Participants in the annual Emerald Coast Open Lionfish Tournament set an all-time record for removal of the invasive species, besting last year's total by more than 11,000 fis

image.png

Need to do that with these dang asian jumping carp that have infested the Mississippi and every body of water that it floods into.

• Like 2

People have started turning  them loose here in lakes ... It's a real problem, why anyone turn them out is beyond me.... They have ruined several bodies of water... One i used to cut hay around... I have never seen fish as big as those monsters get... One i saw just mowing / edging the lake had to be every it of 3 plus feet long... No one fishes it any longer... When it was public, now its privately owned.... I feel for the owners cause it WAS a very nice place to fish at one time..... TWRA won't do a thing to help with this issue.. The lake i fish now... I recon has a surface covering about 10 acres .... The owner has signs up warning of those he lets fish his rules.. Number 1 do not bring in any fish from off his place and turn them loose .......it's not an exact quote.. But he means buiness..... Some have said they brought in to clean the body's of water or something of sorts . I've heard that a few times... I know people will drain an already leaking pond or larger body of water fence in hogs to re seal it.... I've seen that before... To much surprise it works.... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

6 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

People have started turning  them loose here in lakes ... It's a real problem, why anyone turn them out is beyond me.... They have ruined several bodies of water... One i used to cut hay around... I have never seen fish as big as those monsters get... One i saw just mowing / edging the lake had to be every it of 3 plus feet long... No one fishes it any longer... When it was public, now its privately owned.... I feel for the owners cause it WAS a very nice place to fish at one time..... TWRA won't do a thing to help with this issue.. The lake i fish now... I recon has a surface covering about 10 acres .... The owner has signs up warning of those he lets fish his rules.. Number 1 do not bring in any fish from off his place and turn them loose .......it's not an exact quote.. But he means buiness..... Some have said they brought in to clean the body's of water or something of sorts . I've heard that a few times... I know people will drain an already leaking pond or larger body of water fence in hogs to re seal it.... I've seen that before... To much surprise it works.... 

Farmer friend of mine bought a house on an oxbow of the Mississippi river.  Fixed the house up so he had a place to take the family during the summer.

Then that 2011 flood happened.  Lake is now full of those jumping carp.  He said they ruined the lake.  Has his kids on a tube and one of them got smacked in the face by a giant jumping carp.  Kids refused to do anything behind the boat anymore 

Mississippi game and fish just kinda shrugged and said "Not really anything we can do"

Buddy sold the lake house

Not sure what it is about those jumping carp, but when they hear a motor, they jump.  It's all fun and games until one of them hits you when you're moving along.  That crap hurts.

• Like 2

Boat launches are getting busy --- wonder if this would qualify for Sea Tow ? 

image.png

Redneck Air Boat , you can tell by the one odd round fan , only a redneck would do something like that 

image.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Man looks like they getting ready to go spider rigging lol.

9 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Well that's one way to make a cutaway view...

He must have been throwing sparks for 25 miles to something like that.   How could no one have went along side and honked him.  

• Haha 1