AKATV

Foreman 450 Speedometer Repair Before & After Pics

Hi Gravesdigger

The thread was started awhile ago but it’s been actively helping people as recent as yesterday

Give us a little bit more information here on what you have and what you have going on with it and we can get you sorted out

AKATV

Yes, I saw that once I got a chance to actually sit down and read without interruptions. It's been one of those days.... Enough whining. I purchased a 99 foreman 450 es for 100 bucks. It was used by a older man to hunt and little else from the time of purchase till 2002 or 2003 when he gave up hunting and parked it .It sat there till I backed it out a week ago. Everything works or was easily fixed with the exception of the digital display. I took it out of the housing and  disassembled the display to where I could see the film had broken down. Appears to be water damage perhaps. Nothing shows on the screen. Idiot lights work fine. I believe it just needs a new display. I don't want to buy a replacement because I don't want to spend the money on one and I would love to know what the mileage and hours are. Gimme a price and a address to send it to be fixed and I'll be happy as a pig in !.

28 minutes ago, Gravesdigger said:

Yes, I saw that once I got a chance to actually sit down and read without interruptions. It's been one of those days.... Enough whining. I purchased a 99 foreman 450 es for 100 bucks. It was used by a older man to hunt and little else from the time of purchase till 2002 or 2003 when he gave up hunting and parked it .It sat there till I backed it out a week ago. Everything works or was easily fixed with the exception of the digital display. I took it out of the housing and  disassembled the display to where I could see the film had broken down. Appears to be water damage perhaps. Nothing shows on the screen. Idiot lights work fine. I believe it just needs a new display. I don't want to buy a replacement because I don't want to spend the money on one and I would love to know what the mileage and hours are. Gimme a price and a address to send it to be fixed and I'll be happy as a pig in !.

a new display has gone way up, and none are in stock, go figure !..lol. i am working on a 2004 trx450fm, and i hope my meter is good ?, i did have to buy a new outer cover, still no idea what the lcd shape is yet ?.

35 minutes ago, Gravesdigger said:

Welcome to the Forum Gravesdigger!

Seriously? -a 1999 Foreman 450 ES for $100… Wow!

Post  a picture with it plugged in and the headlights turned on it’ll give me a little bit better idea what we’re dealing with

I also sent you my contact information to your message box if you want to get with me directly for any repairs

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gravesdigger said:

Ill double your money😁

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gravesdigger said:

I see this is an older thread but maybe the PCB/ digital display Dr. is still in business. Help!?

Ha, not only still in business but getting busier by the day.  @AKATV

@AKATV , here is my meter for this 2004 trx450fm/s, LCD looks to be ok ?, but the top screen is rough looking, can you fix it ?. also, i do not know who was the vermot that put the nuts on these to mount them ?, but they need to be slapped !. why in the world do they tighten them so tight ?, couple of the bolts that are pressed into the plastic side under need twisted loose, can you also fix these ?, if not ?, i'll super glue them back in..lol. let me know something asap !.

IMG_1730.JPG

IMG_1729.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Ha, not only still in business but getting busier by the day.  @AKATV

well..he needs to get-r-done then !..lol.

• Like 1

Hi Shadetree

I can get you taken care of 

Is your meter functional, if so

are you able to see the hours and miles or do you know if the data has been corrupted it needs to be reprogrammed?

If it’s functional, I can repair the top polarization film and I might have a spare rear back plate for you

I wouldn’t recommend crazy glue, JB Weld seems to work pretty good for those studs They are kind of like the fuel petcock screws that will twist out the threaded inserts if you go slow, it’s best to hit these 10 mm nuts with a small impact and they usually break free without twisting out the studs

I also sent you a message with my contact information if you wanna look into having it repaired

thanks again and will talk with you soon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKATV said:

Hi Shadetree

I can get you taken care of 

Is your meter functional, if so

are you able to see the hours and miles or do you know if the data has been corrupted it needs to be reprogrammed?

If it’s functional, I can repair the top polarization film and I might have a spare rear back plate for you

I wouldn’t recommend crazy glue, JB Weld seems to work pretty good for those studs They are kind of like the fuel petcock screws that will twist out the threaded inserts if you go slow, it’s best to hit these 10 mm nuts with a small impact and they usually break free without twisting out the studs

I also sent you a message with my contact information if you wanna look into having it repaired

thanks again and will talk with you soon

i do not know if it works ?, i am stripping it down, and just unplugged it. i have no way ( yet ) to get power to it, but i'll come up with something maybe ?. but for now, its unplugged. i sent u a pm back, please let me know ?.

No problem Shadetree

I can power it up on the bench and sort it out for you 

if you want to send it to me

I will Git-r-done …lol

1 minute ago, AKATV said:

No problem Shadetree

I can power it up on the bench and sort it out for you 

if you want to send it to me

I will Git-r-done …lol

check yer pm, and also send me yer name, addy so i can get this on the way, no hurry at all.

My turn. AKATV plz send me your address. I have an 04 450 ES everything works but my screen is getting cloudy and I would like that replaced. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Quadjunkie!

No problem, let me know exactly what you have going on -maybe you can send a picture or two

I sent my contact information to your message box as well

Hi Tommyfrazier8 welcome to the forum! Let me know what you have going on and We can sort it out

I sent you my contact information to your message box as well

I have a 2005 rancher 350 that sat outside for years before I purchased the machine, screen is busted and nothing appears to be working on it, any chance to save it? I can post pictures in a couple of hours 

Hi Kth3 and welcome to the forum!

Post a few pics and we can take it from there.

If the front cover is cracked and water has gotten inside, its generally not cost effective to repair but let’s see what you have going on

AKATV

Like I said it’s pretty tough, but I thought I’d ask.

EFFCD89F-A0F3-4FF4-A301-2775A31215B9.jpeg

Edited by Kth3

Also if this isn’t repairable which it probably isn’t, is there a way to get a foot shift machines handlebar cover and wire in the neutral/reverse/oil light just so it doesn’t look goofy.

If you want to open up that speedometer so we can get a better look at the circuit card, I suspect it’s probably pretty heavily water damaged, but I’ll know more once I see the whole circuit card

I could not quite tell from the picture, but unfortunately, if you have cracked the LCD glass it is not repairable and you will need to replace it. 

Hi, I have a meter with screen issues off of a 06 Trx350FE, can you repair that. It seems to have some type of shading in an oval over the center but I can still make out some things on it.

Thanks, Mike