Fishfiles

Lawn tractors , yard machines

My flea market guy has this 50's SpinAway self propelled mower , he started off at $400 months ago  , got him to say $200 this weekend past , I wouldn't want to go past $100 , the tank is cleaned , has compression when pulled , and has spark ----- ony reason I would want it is to make a bush hog Like Turbo Twister did , for the deer plots 

fullsizeoutput_dc7.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, _Wilson_™ said:

is that the  one you were looking to purchase while back ? looks very familure. 

Yep , don't know if I posted a pic or not , think I did , he is coming down in price , I really don't need another project , but it looks like a cool project 

On 11/28/2020 at 9:55 PM, LedFTed said:

i dont mind a bit. Them 46 ford tractors, you can still get parts for.

by the way, where is the farm thread? i musta missed it., or forgot about it. ya know how it is when your brain scrambled from major strokes.

Lucky, i only had 2 major ones. "Yesterdays Tractors" is one., but there are some others. Ferguson was a part of ford tractor's, till there was a disagreement., then their is Oliver., cant say much about that.

used to do wheelies on my Uncle Donnie's Ford tractors., back when i was younger, before i was 16. i cant say everything is true as far as the tractors, i doubt the Ferguson part. as far as easing the front wheels off the ground, that much is true., only in 1st. an 2nd. sometimes both, at the same time.. Hold the wheelie.... long as ya can. ✌️:classic_biggrin:               

Edited by LedFTed

5 hours ago, LedFTed said:

by the way, where is the farm thread?

used to do wheelies on my Uncle Donnie's Ford tractors.✌️:classic_biggrin:               

Het 'Ted , did you know my real name is Donald , Jr.  , go by Don now days , but all my friends that know my a long time call me Donnie 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, Fishfiles said:

Het 'Ted , did you know my real name is Donald , Jr.  , go by Don now days , but all my friends that know my a long time call me Donnie 

Figured it was Donald, didnt know you were a Jr., or dont remember, also, i got that envelope somewhere.

i'm a Jr.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

Here's my collection.  The 69 105 has been in the family since 1970.  Dad bought it used from a guy in the steel mill whose wife rolled it and said it was evil.  I remove the original seat come summer and install a 42" wide semi padded plank that allows me to the a section of bank in the bottoms.  Winter gets the regular seat and sometimes a snow thrower. 

The Honda is my wife's rider.  We have a tiny yard.

Unfortunately, the two Wheelhorses are staying outside while our Son's Type R over winters in where they should be.

The 312 Hydro was intercepted on the way to the scrap yard and gets used to cut the previous owners grass when she's under the weather.  I also have a snow thrower for it.  I have a couple of widows living nearby that my wife calls my gray headed girlfriends.  We take care of their snow and grass for freshly baked cookies.

The old plow jockey is an on going experiment in see just what it takes to kill a Wheelhorse.

20201212_095425.jpg

20201212_095347.jpg

20201212_095159.jpg

20201212_095136.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i think this is missing one thing, where's mower deck ??? 

image.jpg

He don't need a deck , he has a AR on the rear bumper , a baseball bat and a machine gun on the hood 

• Haha 1

i guess they get Serious about tree rats ... lol.

now... this one has me somewhat stumped .... but like that combine tipped over, any ideas what this is for ? home made 6 x 6 but in a belt drive ?? doesn't look heavy enough, not to mention with this type, would be slow. 

image.jpg

Need to replace the belt on the leaf bagger mower , leaves are starting to really fall now , I told Shade I was going to have to pull the motor to change that belt , he found me a video on You -Tube that showed how to do it a couple of ways  , going for the drop the deck and unbolt the engine and slide it back method  --- now if I drop the deck I should go ahead and change the deck belt , already changed the transmission belt ---- should just buy the $550 bagger for my Husqvarna  Zero Swing  and quit wasting time and money on this relic , 1990 MTD Tradesman 1238 Sam'Club Special 

that is the deck belt in that second pic , the drive belt is the pulley up above 

ixADkr+VR86+k32wS0LWEQ.jpg

+AI1jEAgTZmr6W5DF980gA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_e01.jpeg

I'd go ahead and put the deck belt on it, you know this machine, and some of us usually  have a backup mower, if the transaxle and engine are in fair to midland shape, no rust on the deck, and the front tires look good, (from my veiw) steering axle also looks like it's good shape, and changing some traction belts are a flat more pita! but.. you've already done that, so I'd say keep it as a backup. 

• Like 2

Husqvarna MZ54 w/clearcut deck getting a genuine Husqvarna three bin bagger made for this unit and deck , the dealer I bought it thru would have installed it for 1/2 hour of his rate , which would have been $37.50 , I should have brought the mower and left it , that would have been well spent, but he is about 40 minutes from me ----I already have more than 1/2 hour of my time reading thru the manual and then and hour of looking for and at You Tube videos of installation , but never did find one for my unit and nagger , so it is going to be step by step by the book ---- looks like I am going to loose my trailer hitch , unless I can incorporate it into the baggers mount 

fullsizeoutput_e26.jpeg

IMG_9027.JPG

• Like 2

It took 2 1/2 hours to install the bagger kit  , I could see after doing one it could take a lot less  time ,  included was a trip to the hardware store  as I was shorted one carriage headed  bolt , another  slow down was the instructions , the kit came with brackets and hardware for two different rear bumper  guards , but did not go into detail about not using some parts , and another page of instructions was in another bag hidden under a Cancer causing product in California card , there were two bolts and two self locking nuts in the bag and instructions on where a plate went , must have been  the plastic insert on the nut that is hazardous 

The grass is covered in dew , so have to wait till this evening when it dries out to try it out 

ujrAFytGRAK72oXUKFOnLg.jpg

• Like 3

Was waiting for the grass to dry to try out the new bagger  and I got a late job   yesterday , left home about 11:00 got home 1 minute before official  sunset @5:22 , still had 20 minutes of light so got to try it out 

First impression , it is awesome , works much better than the MTD lawn tractor bagger , 99.9% of the leaves are sucked up and is twice as fast , and  it has this spinner thing that monitors how full the bags are , and it seems to work well , I stop in perfect time so it wasn't over flowing or clogged up the chute , if I pack the leaves down , all 3 bags will just barely fit and overflowing  in a 55 gallon burn barrel 

Was thinking about selling the MTD lawn tractor , but , don't think i would not  get much for it and having a spare / back up  might be a good idea 

• Like 3