Fishfiles

Food Channel

2 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

What time will lunch be ready?

The noodles are boiling now , ETA 11:52 CT .. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jeffo21 said:

well dang by the time I got there from Okla it would be gone

Don't know what it is going to be yet , but for 12:00 tomorrow some kind of dead animal will be cooking around here for the Saints tail gating party , put the  pedal to the metal !!! 

Well... I finally got the trick to seeing SOME of images, and I've been looking forward to joining up on the food channel .... So ... I did stuffed cornish hens , green beans, seasoned creamed taters and coleslaw ...... I  Spiced up the hens with McCormicks Montreal chicken.  It was a fine day to cook, being there wasn't much to be done out in all this Rainey weather... I stuffed these plumb full.... Lol.... It's been a while since I've had a good appetite

image.jpg

• Like 3

I made venison stew using all the legs from a muley and a whitetail. I cooked the legs in a hot water bath (sous vide) for 72 hours. Meat was tender but not mushy. Best stew i ever made. 

62A8E459-8EA1-4CDD-BF4A-0643AEF2D0F7.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jeffo21 said:

Fishfiles what will be cooking to see OU beat LSU?

Being it is a Friday night game , and I am working Friday , mostly pizza 

Nah its a Saturday game at 3pm. we will be cooking burgers and dogs and watching a GOOD game whichever team wins. I just want to see Ohio State get taken down.

Jeffo , I read it was going to be the 27th , which is the Friday after Christmas , I hope you are right , going look 

Wow , you are right , it is Saturday @ 3 ,  I wonder if the flexed the schedule for TV , I know I seen the 27th ----- need something good to eat now , maybe boiled shrimp or crabs 

Jeffo , is there a animal mascot related to the Oklahoma program , looking for something to cook on Saturday for the game , isn't OU  the Sooners and pull a wagon with horses , then maybe some horse sausage would be in order , which believe it or not is big out in the Acadiana country side  and gettable  >>>>  would guess your having tiger , that could be expensive and a little hard to find ..... seen LSU arrive in Atlanta this morning , the count down to kick off  has begun ------- going to take a stab at the final score , my prediction 37-24 LSU 

Christmas dinner is at our house , going to oven roast a ham with pineapple chunks and cherries tooth picked to the outside and basted in Coke-a-Cola , militon casserole stuffed with shrimp , pork roast in the crock pot with gravy , mashed potatoes  and s few other dishes family is bringing 

Question is ??? , what to else to do  to the ham to put it over the top , injection of seasonings maybe , some thing else  to glaze it with , cook time , covered or not covered in the oven , I am not too into cooking hams 

Thanks!  It sure was good!

I still have one left.... I'm thinking asparagus cassarole , or maybe cheesy broccoli rice Casserole .... Mean time I'll be keeping a close eye on the weather.... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

That " mini " chicken stuffed with some crab meat stuffing , drowned in some butter sauce would be off the hook  ---- 

I like asparagus right out the can with oil and vinegar , salt and pepper , grilled is ok , in a salad is good , have never heard of them in a stuffing , will have to gave that a try 

Goober , that stew does look good , you can see the meat looks tender , meat breaking a part -------  it reminds me of Grandma's vegetable soup which was like a stew 

• Thanks 1

Oil, and vinegar ?? Sounds good! Thanks for the idea! I ment to ask goober about the stew juice homemade i bet, sue does look tasty! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Oil, and vinegar ?? Sounds good! Thanks for the idea! I ment to ask goober about the stew juice homemade i bet, sue does look tasty! 

Okay I’ll give you members the secret.

i use Szeged steak rub on the meat. For the liquid: sautéed onions and shrooms, vegetable stock, tomato paste, Better than Bouillion seasoned vegetable base, dried parsley, bay leaf, thyme, and instead of red wine i used some sweetened cranberry relish 

• Like 2

i hate to leave a sad tale, for the cooking channel. the frozen turkey, 17 pounds, was taken out of a freezer, and put in a fridge.. me brother.. i told him you got too leave it out, so it will have time to thaw.. guess who dont believe me. i told him i talked to both my sisters, an they said to leave it out.. E said they didn't tell him that, to just put it in the fridge, so he put the bird back in the fridge. he didnt want to check the facts,. soo, i will leave it as that. least i like the dark meat.. the thigh will be cooked.

hope they got some ham, to compensate.. and, the weather here, will be in the 60's.. imagine that.. warmest christmas, ever.. media never lies though, nor do politicians.. its just the times..

Szeged steak rub

sautéed onions and shrooms, vegetable stock, tomato paste

Thanks @Goober i don't I've ever seen Szeged at local. grocery store...... But.... She's on the list for my next batch of stew.

It wouldn't let me add text on the post above and the pics came out huge 

Got my duties for Christmas dinner finished  early , what you got up there is

Shrimp salad dip appetizer  

Ham in the oven , honey , lite brown sugar , pineapple juice , cherry juice and coke for bashing

Butt roast with gravy 

Militon stuffed with shrimp and crab meat  

wife   still sleeping :

baked macaroni 

mashed potates 

rice 

and what ever , she better get up on the ball , cause dinner is for 12 and for me it is just about 5 o'clock some where 

• Like 2