mrbb

critter pictures and ?

I ave actually had a fox come around my chicken coop and leave a turd beside the coop before, I think it was left because of all the dogs scents....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This pic doesn’t do justice to the ducks.  If you zoom in the middle of the pic you will see them. I don’t know what kind they are.  Their bills are red and they have some red on their bodies.  Anyone got a clue.  

8D9A813C-90B1-4B2E-96E1-91BB15A19138.jpeg

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

This pic doesn’t do justice to the ducks.  If you zoom in the middle of the pic you will see them. I don’t know what kind they are.  Their bills are red and they have some red on their bodies.  Anyone got a clue.  

8D9A813C-90B1-4B2E-96E1-91BB15A19138.jpeg

Cook one and tell us how it tastes.   That will help us to identify the species. 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

Cook one and tell us how it tastes.   That will help us to identify the species. 😉

The guy who's land them ducks are  on seems like the kind of guy that hatched them from imported eggs , don't think he would take kindly to me messing with his ducks, there are about 10 more of the same species in the pond and he has a dog house , I would guess is for them   ---that is crayfish ponds in the back round , so they might be fish eaters and not good eating 

My neighbors dog went missing night before last , so he came over yesterday and asked to review the surveillance cameras to see if the dog went out his yard and down the street as his 2 acres are fenced in and the only way out for the dog to get out his yard would have thru the front gate --- so he tells me he let the dog out at 3:00am and usually he comes back to the door pretty quick , at 4:00 he went looking for him , I was up and actually seen him leave and come back 

So I set the replay up and started it at 3 , bam , as soon as the videos come up , there is a huge black cat sitting in front of my house , he darts across to his gate ,then goes down low in the sneak attack stance and creeps into his yard , that was all that was on the tape , the cat never did  show up leaving his yard , I helped him look for signs of a struggle , but we never found nothing --- showed the video to my wife and she is freaked out , our dog is smaller than the neighbors ---  I have 3 live traps and hope to get them set out today , one of the traps is the coyote size --- the season on cats just opened up 

Ynlqn8vhQJGHln3J52Gn8g.jpg

I hate that when pets get attacked. Had that happen with packs of coyotes before.

I saw 2 moose in the ditch on the side of the hyway last week, procrastinated..... didnt go back for a pic. Yesterday i turned around for this one, tho it was dusk, so not clear pics. 😑

moose 1.jpg

moose 2.jpg

• Like 3

Motion alarm went off this morning before daylight , I looked to the cams and seen this black cat with no tail right off the patio, this is not the same black cat that got my neighbors dog , I went out the back door with fire power and it appeared to be gone , went backinside and reviewed the tape to see where it came from and where it went , found out it didn't run off whenI went outside , it hide , and then ran off a few minutes after I went in --- I never knew till this morning when I searched , that there are cases of black bobcats , rare , but happens , don't know what this animal is 

Bobcats that are black in color are called melanistic bobcats. Sightings are incredibly rare, with fewer than 20 cases that have ever been documented, according to a CBC article posted in recent years.

Melanism is defined as an "an increased amount of black or nearly black pigmentation (as of skin, feathers, or hair) of an individual or kind of organism."

Bobcats, in general, are "rarely seen" in Vermont despite being a very common species, officials with the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department say.

"The main reasons for the lack of bobcat sightings are twofold," an informational posting from the group reads. "It is solitary by nature and it is crepuscular, or mostly active at dawn and dusk."

fullsizeoutput_ea9.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 4:50 AM, Fishfiles said:

My neighbors dog went missing night before last , so he came over yesterday and asked to review the surveillance cameras to see if the dog went out his yard and down the street as his 2 acres are fenced in and the only way out for the dog to get out his yard would have thru the front gate --- so he tells me he let the dog out at 3:00am and usually he comes back to the door pretty quick , at 4:00 he went looking for him , I was up and actually seen him leave and come back 

So I set the replay up and started it at 3 , bam , as soon as the videos come up , there is a huge black cat sitting in front of my house , he darts across to his gate ,then goes down low in the sneak attack stance and creeps into his yard , that was all that was on the tape , the cat never did  show up leaving his yard , I helped him look for signs of a struggle , but we never found nothing --- showed the video to my wife and she is freaked out , our dog is smaller than the neighbors ---  I have 3 live traps and hope to get them set out today , one of the traps is the coyote size --- the season on cats just opened up 

Ynlqn8vhQJGHln3J52Gn8g.jpg

How big of a cat is that?  They say they're extinct around here, but too many people have seen them for me to believe that. 

They say the same thing about gators, even though they're more and more commonly seen around here.  My daughter's boyfriend had video of one from when he was fishing a couple of days ago, but the AGFC says there aren't any around LOL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

How big of a cat is that?  They say they're extinct around here, but too many people have seen them for me to believe that. 

Which one of the two cats ?  the first pic I posted on the front lawn, I'd guess about 50 pounds +  and has the long tail , which doesn't look that long it that pic  , thinking juvenile panther , there have been other sighting of it this week  >>> the second cat pic is in the back yard , no tail , about 25-  30 pounds , those white ice chest in the back round are 100 quarters , the green chest is an 80 quart  for size reference , you can see the markings on tat cat  if you look close , that's a Bobcat no doubt , that is the second time I seen it , seen it last weekend in the daylight in my yard , it jumped the 4ft barb wire fence from being  dead stop , no running start , read the black phase is rare >>>  both pics are taken from videos of surveillance cams at night ,  while paused using  my phone , very grainy 

I was talking about the big one.  We're told no cougars/panthers around here, but people see them every once and awhile.  They are always told "You didn't see what you thought you saw", but a couple of years ago a guy got crystal clear pics of one on a game cam. 

A few weeks ago.

Bucks horns are starting to grow.  Now much to google over on camera yet. 

Screenshot_20210517-203600_SPYPOINT.jpg

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I was talking about the big one.  We're told no cougars/panthers around here, but people see them every once and awhile.  They are always told "You didn't see what you thought you saw", but a couple of years ago a guy got crystal clear pics of one on a game cam. 

Same thing here , they keep saying that black ones  don't exist and tan ones are gone  from the area  , but there are so many sightings ----- in the lobby of the Wildlife and Fishery building in Baton Rouge is a mounted tan mountain lion , they say that was the last one in Louisiana ,  forget the date , 1930's I think 

4 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

Little bit different critter this time. These are some of the ones we got on video 😮 

I don’t recall your location. What are we looking at? At first I thought it was gators, then thought it was porpoises, but the fins look small.

I forgot about this thread. Little one and I were riding a couple of days ago and rolled up on two beavers on dry ground between a small pond and the river.  One ran away at full speed and the other one tried to bow up on me lol.  Wasn’t on my own land so I left them alone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I don’t recall your location. What are we looking at? At first I thought it was gators, then thought it was porpoises, but the fins look small.

I forgot about this thread. Little one and I were riding a couple of days ago and rolled up on two beavers on dry ground between a small pond and the river.  One ran away at full speed and the other one tried to bow up on me lol.  Wasn’t on my own land so I left them alone.

New Brunswick, Canada, but this was on Campobello Island, which is still NB but across from Eastport & Lubec, Me. My mother is from there. Roosevelt had that summer retreat there.
Beavers... they are a nuisance ....rarely can get close enough to them, but there was this one time 😒

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

New Brunswick, Canada, but this was on Campobello Island, which is still NB but across from Eastport & Lubec, Me. My mother is from there. Roosevelt had that summer retreat there.
Beavers... they are a nuisance ....rarely can get close enough to them, but there was this one time 😒

Lol they’ll bite you!

So what is that in the video? Sharks, porpoises, or something else?

• Like 1

They are Minke Whales, smaller than most whales.  Sometimes a big one will come up, but usually its the smaller one.

• Like 2

That's nice rescuing a Dolphin and all.  Especially for all those into virtue signalling.  It would have served those in need by being served up on a dinner plate and the resources spent on the rescue used to clean up and make repairs.  (Flame suit on)😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

That's nice rescuing a Dolphin and all.  Especially for all those into virtue signalling.  It would have served those in need by being served up on a dinner plate and the resources spent on the rescue used to clean up and make repairs.  (Flame suit on)😂

So you saying it would have been better to just let the dolphin die , cause they were just making a political statement any ways and it was a waste of resources in a time of need  , I am with ya , but dolphin are not good eating , it's the other dolphin that's good eating , mai mai