Fishfiles

TRX300FW - 1995

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I got the crankcase back together -------  my cooler cover is finished and buddy is going to drop it off Saturday when we go riding

Found this 300 info and not sure where it should have gone , so stick it here to save it 

TRX300 2WD
Passion Red/ 1988-1997
Patriot Red/ 1998-2000
Southern Blue/ 1993-1994
Adventure Green/ 1994-2000
Harvest Beige/ 1995-2000

TRX300 4WD
Passion Red/ 1988 and then 1991-1997
Patriot Red/ 1998-2000
Cosmic Gray/ 1988 only
Southern Blue/ 1990-1994 (Only option for 1990)
Adventure Green/ 1992-2000
Harvest Beige/ 1995-2000

@basfnb has a red 1990 300FW.  Or at least it used to be.  He's painted it 4 different times now.  Worse than a 14 year old wanting it to be different colors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow , I see the text never posted on my post above ^^^ . 

Which one of them stators ^^ pictured above ^^^ has the highest out put ???? 

I was showing pics of the stator in my 95 300 , it  is a 12 poll and I think it must be a Denso , I dug up another 300 stator and flywheel out my parts , have no idea what year , and it has 18 polls and figure it must be a Mitsuba -----  like mentioned  the flywheels are different , the Mitsuba has 4 grooves cut into the surface across the inside , the Denso has a groove all the way around the inside surface , word is as long as you change the flywheel and the stator as a pair , you are all right ----  when you look at the finche print from Partzilla , that stator has 18 polls , there are 3 part numbers for the stator  , the description pics on Partzilla shows a pic of the 12 poll , but no pic of the 18 poll 

the reason I am interested in changing stators is the wiring boot at the case cover is damaged , could just tape or liquid tape the boot , but since I am right here , my question is -------------  which one of them stators ^^ pictured above ^^^ has the highest out put ????  --------  this 300 is going to have a big electrical draw with a lot of accessories like sound , lights , fans so I don't want to create a problem with a lower amp stator , Ricky Stator must be shut down as they are not answering the phones , was going to talk with him about it  

I painted the crankcase with some aluminum paint and stuck the red powder coat side covers on it for a quick look and it looks good , forgot about pics 

My buddy is bringing the fam cover he built with him today , and I was picking up some paint yesterday for the cover , and started thinking of doing a paint job on this entire bike , stick with the Ride Red theme with fresh paint  , but paint the racks , floor boards , cooler cover aluminum , I like  contrast 

Wilson, I was referring to the text that I had typed out  with them pics and hours after posting it I noticed that the text was not there 

• Like 1

My buddy came thru , he built me  a cooler cover , needs to be painted , the screen is stainless steel and the cover raw sheet metal , so I am going to paint it black and tape off and leave the screen stainless 

fullsizeoutput_c57.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c56.jpeg

• Like 2

I am thinking about giving this muffler a try , it came on a parts bike I bought a long time ago , it is a Harley muffler , as far as performance goes I don't know what effects it would have , one thing that might not work is back pressure , without proper back pressure they wouldn't run under water at a idle ---- I really want to hear it 

k+IYxbbdTs6Mink1cXV3Zw.jpg

I found Denso engraved into the flywheel on the engine and it is 12 poles ---so I swopped flywheels and put the Mitsuba flywheel and 18 pole  stator into this engine , had to get all that red powder coating out the starter gear housing and inside the stator cover , that was a job , use a Dremel with a sanding drum and then a wire wheel , that stuff is thick 

XmsMBgjNQTO1RYIyD7vH8w.jpg

• Like 4

Flat black cover with stainless screen 

Mitsuba stator and flywheel.   Note the grooves across the inner face denso stator not like that.  Still don’t know which stator is the heavier duty/ higher amps.  

9C2AD615-1CC8-4809-BF47-8F7045EFBFD8.jpeg

028C3ED6-4786-4785-BA76-3C8526F34E2D.jpeg

0184F0EC-FC7E-4AB6-A4BA-73A61421CEEB.jpeg

• Like 2

This evening I pulled the valves out , wire wheeled them , cleaned the head , tapped the threads , heli-coiled 3 bad holes  , lapped  the valves , new stem seals , and will most likely be mad at my self later for not cleaning a little more on the external powder coated surface of the head 

Took an oil pump off a parts engine , opened it up and cleaned it out , oiled it up and that oil pump  hollered " put me in coach " , so I am going to let him start the next game 

CnyDeBmsTCaL5roPDIeFjQ.jpg

5+osXRmwQ86ichzN2TEjTg.jpg

EvMmovUCTm6XP6SplmM3ag.jpg

skdBncS7QlC38L+Pi9yj1g.jpg

• Like 5

Looky here what I scored today , seen my buddy at the flea market so stopped by , he had this 1/4 inch thick stiff rubber , didn't measure it , looks to be about 6ft wide and 8 ft long for  $5 , I can make a whole bunch of mud flares out of this 

tdaosem3R4K4UmGvJnQy0g.jpg

• Like 4

Help my buddy today on his 300 , we changed his ball joints and bearings on the 2wd conversion hubs that isn't easy 

On my 300 project , the sound system came in , was going to mount two speakers on the cooler rack , didn't like the way that looked , started making pod mounting brackets to the handle bars , didn't take a pic of that ------   started adding the second battery into the truck , mounted in a TRX250 Fourtrax battery box 

fullsizeoutput_c5e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c60.jpeg

• Like 2

Mounted the 4 speaker pods to the handle bar and rear rack , the brackets that come with the system are not very good and will move around on you during rough riding ,  used some mirror mounts with a bar to offset it on the front and truck antenna mounts for the rear pods 

You can get the mirror mounts for about $4 on e-bay in different colors , they work good for mounting about anything to the handle bars and racks , you can get then in 8 or 10mm  threads 

Dug up some #6 wire for the second battery connection , need some lugs for the ends 

fullsizeoutput_c66.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c67.jpeg

ws2AyFlLT96iZ8U8NMgi+g.jpg

• Like 3

Flow thru brush showed up in the mail , nice ....

TRX250 Fourtrax battery box , some cutting , grinding and paint and it has become  a 300 in the truck 2nd battery box 

fullsizeoutput_c6b.jpeg

• Like 5

Have not had much time on my project , work picked up , did got the 2nd aux battery box built and in the trunk  , I have got the #8 wire and lugs but never made the connections yet ----

redone the rear led light brackets as the metal was thin and the brackets  were bent up and lights pointing down from getting rear ended a few times , mounted the lights under the rack and behind the rack to prevent them getting hit ,  and learned something I never knew , the rear rack of a 95 300 is not symmetrically made  , I don't have any pics at the moment , but will post one and show you ----

China parts :

I replaced the front led 20 inch bar as 4 bulbs were burned out cause I had run into the back of my buddy and cracked the glass back when and moisture was getting in , I wanted the same light so ordered one off e-bay  from china  , took 6 weeks to arrive then when I went to screw the 8 bolts supplied with the light to the mounting brackets , either way you want to look at it , the bolts were too long or the threads were not tapped deep enough so they would not go in far enough and had a 1/8 gap between the bracket and the head of the bolt , the holes were deep enough , so I ran a tap into them and made a few extra threads and made it work 

• Like 2

I'm gonna need to see pics of that battery in the trunk.  I've seen a lot of guys say to do that on a 300.  Allows you to use a $25 mower battery (U1) instead of the stock battery that costs 3X's as much.

jeep , here a couple of pics , used a  Trx250 Fourtrax battery box , cut the brackets off it , pop riveted that box to a plate , bolt holes of the box can go thru the fender with easy acces to the nuts , don't really need them , as it can't flip over with the plate underneath  ----  OEM style battery held in by bungie cords , still got room for the OEM tool kit ,  snatch block and a tree saver 

fullsizeoutput_c77.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c72.jpeg

• Like 3

See what I mean about being symmetrical  , the light on the right has a gap between the rack mount and the left doesn't , both lights are mounted on the same bar 

zxSwhRjTS0CNge74twPP9A.jpg

• Like 2

Oh , yea , stuck some new to me , old school , 1st gen flat fender flares , that I got on a parts bike , much better condition  than what I was running , the old ones are  ate up , rare as elephant crap in a canary cage now days --- I think this bike deserves a paint job , red and silver racks --- as long as that blue 300 keeps running , you never know 

• Like 1

I need to come up with something better than these eyelets that hold the machette to the mount , one of them broke from sun decay ---might just drill some holes thru the plate and weave the para-cord thru the holes to hold the sheath to the plate

YzTsndnKR46TZM5qST0hyQ.jpg

I redone them antenna mounts for the speaker pods with some mirror brackets , much cleaner look 

FdGENcojSD+dqxrsE7FkDA.jpg

• Like 3

I really didn't like that blue /clear box on the rack for the fan controller and I couldn't fit both the controller and sound amp in the same box , so I got another box and putting both in one , I won't have to open that box much , the MP3 player has it's own box on the handle bars , the volume is on the handle bars and there is a  power switch for the amp 

mH5Id874Tb6RdO57121S8A.jpg

• Like 2

Final mounting of the amp and fan controller , should be water proof , hope I don't have a over heating problem , might have to snorkel the box 

fullsizeoutput_c7d.jpeg

• Like 3

About all I got done this weekend , made a mount for the volume controller ---looking at the pic I might move it to the bottom bolt and tuck it under the handle bar --- also notice I could use a new set of hand grips 

fullsizeoutput_c81.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_c82.jpeg

• Like 2

do you run the throttle controller... at that angle ?? on purpose ? .... I've always wanted to ask ... each time i see the handle bars