shadetree

Building my deer box blind ( shade shack )

48 minutes ago, WonderMonkey said:

Sounds like an expensive bill for all that!

umm..yeah..lol.

hopefully last upate on this blind ?. got new tires, new axle, new leaf springs, all this installed. got a few things from lowes today, picked up a mobile home ground anchor, 50ft of 1/4 cable, a turn buckle. gonna tie the bottom center of blind to the ground anchor with the turn buckle, i am not taking any chances of a strong wind blowing it over ?!. it does have 4 t-post drove in at an angle, but i do not trust this 100%, soo..i will tie it down with this 1/4 cable and ground anchor. gonna load my 450 on the trailer, along with my 10ft ex ladder, head out early in the morning, get down to deer camp, fix my blind. got to get more screws in the floor to base, carpet back down, chair back together, window seal fixed where the strap broke the edge off when going to the spot ( road was really bad )..get back home, unload 450, ladder, take trailer to cabin, get my cabin ready for this freeze we are getting in the next couple days. going to be a long day tuesday for me for sure !.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, shadetree said:

hopefully last upate on this blind ?. got new tires, new axle, new leaf springs, all this installed. got a few things from lowes today, picked up a mobile home ground anchor, 50ft of 1/4 cable, a turn buckle. gonna tie the bottom center of blind to the ground anchor with the turn buckle, i am not taking any chances of a strong wind blowing it over ?!. it does have 4 t-post drove in at an angle, but i do not trust this 100%, soo..i will tie it down with this 1/4 cable and ground anchor. gonna load my 450 on the trailer, along with my 10ft ex ladder, head out early in the morning, get down to deer camp, fix my blind. got to get more screws in the floor to base, carpet back down, chair back together, window seal fixed where the strap broke the edge off when going to the spot ( road was really bad )..get back home, unload 450, ladder, take trailer to cabin, get my cabin ready for this freeze we are getting in the next couple days. going to be a long day tuesday for me for sure !.

That's how I have my 16' Tripod tied down been thru 3 hurricanes still standing. Last year the gas company worker cutting pipeline hit a leg with bushhog and didn't knock it down, bent the leg but was able to patch it up.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 2:37 PM, shadetree said:

lol..i did not do anything to it...the guy pulling it to my spot is the one who damaged it !..lol. he pulled it through the back forty woods..going through 2 ft washouts, bent the axle, bent the left fender, broke the clearance light that was on the fender, bent the leaf springs. with a bent axle, when i pulled it home that night, little did i know the axle was bent ?..wore the tires out pulling it back home. sooo..yeah,,all this damage made a mess of my trailer. luckly al and the guy that pulled the trailer told me they would chip in to pay for the damage. i know al is good for it..not sure about the guy that did the damage when he pulled it from camp to my spot ?, it messed it up good..lol.

That answers the mysterious tire issue.... we were talking bout.. lol! The project looks great! 

• Like 1

update: got a doe and button buck sat nov 11th opening day, then monday morning i dropped this 4 point from 100 yrds. came home today, i'm wore out. dropped off all my deer meat at hog's meat market to process. here is the 4 pointer i got monday morning. my blind is here by broken in !..lol.

IMG_0717.JPG

• Like 6

I don't think those trees you planted under your blind are going to make it.

On 11/1/2023 at 9:53 AM, shadetree said:

done !. got a few pics of brushing blind in, called it done.

IMG_0711.JPG

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0709.JPG

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, WonderMonkey said:

I don't think those trees you planted under your blind are going to make it.

umm..no..they won't..cuz they are already dead !..lol.

Congrats Shade!  Not sure I'm going to make it out this year. Having some issues with my right foot, need to get in and get it checked. Glad for your success.

• Thanks 1

welp, this story just keeps on getting better !. got a call from the lease owner this morning, he said pot latch sold the land where all our deer stands sit ?..aghhh !!!. sooo, now all of us must go down and move our stands, we have 30 days to get our stands moved, this just flat out sucks !. will update later when i get my stand moved to new place..and figure out how the heck i'm gonna get it moved ?..( in one piece that is ! ).

Gee whiz shade there wasnt any warning this was possibly gonna happen???

52 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Gee whiz shade there wasnt any warning this was possibly gonna happen???

nope, never heard a word of it until this morning.