toodeepmember

What the!!!!!

2 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

there is also a single prop  airplane .... that flys the same route as the pipe line runs, all the way to the sub / pump station in culleoka just a few miles from my home, which i never have asked about, i take it, it's messuring or scanning the pipe line, i do get letters from the company with an emergency number to call, which i hope i never have to use.... lol 

Yea, a 48" natural gas pipeline that is 50 miles long gives off quite a bang. They have to have Emergency Shut Downs now in the lines.it took them 12 hrs to bleed down the pressure on the pipeline before we could cut it open to replace it. The yellow one in the pic was running at about 700 psi when I was sandblasting it. They knocked the pressure down for me to work on it.....lol

• Like 2

hm pipe line tech, dish tv tech, your a man of many skills! bet you would have had  no issue installing new pex water lines from my HVAC to the furness ? you need to move down here with wheeler! lol! 

• Like 1

I can't believe that overpass didn't get shifted on the footing a bit. It looks like the support beam got bent is all.

• Like 1

hard to explain how the last beam of the bridge was struck, (south side, when the road is a north bound)  it had to be on a low boy, or drop deck, the driver should have dumped the air bags to lower the load, IF, the rig had that suspension system. 

He had to hit that bridge at 75 mph to cause that much damage , notice the under carriage to gone , it snapped off the slew bearing 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

He had to hit that bridge at 75 mph to cause that much damage , notice the under carriage to gone , it snapped off the slew bearing 

hm, slew bearing, here they call those turn table bearings, but yeah he has to be moving on, now, most likely to being un employed.   

58 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

hm, slew bearing, here they call those turn table bearings, but yeah he has to be moving on, now, most likely to being un employed.   

Different manufacturers have different names for the same part , Rotek is the main supplier of swing bearings , so some call them a Rotek bearing also called turntable bearing , slew bearing , rotary bearing 

Can never get enough fracking

Edit: a couple pages back when I saw the fracking post

Edited by Tim-ANC

@TBRider thoughts on this setup ? a few changes i would have made, one, I'd have parked it closer to the structure , that way if the hoist did fail, I'd land on a roof and not drop all the way to the ground. 

image.jpg

• Confused 1

why does your answer not shock me.... lol, yeah you need to move down south! your okay in my book, just a tad on the crazy side, always works (thumbs up) 

what about this setup ? i think @Freedomflyer would pass, i sure know i would.

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Yes I  would!!!

lol, makes my hand hurt just looking at that sketchy setup. 

this has to be just as bad.... these guys must be hard up for money, or getting payed very well. 

image.jpg