Fishfiles

Food Channel

Just now, riverc said:

That Hog Head Cheese is good eating if made right I'm picky about it you only get one chance with me.

Put dat on a Kracker !!!! 

ghP3DPiiQOO%dtAf05AG8w.jpg

You right about where it comes from

Tag's in Chalmette has a hog head cheese he calls " Gumbo " , dats pretty good stuff  and taste just like its name 

Jeanfreau's down in Chalmette , my favorite is Jalapeno , you'll blow smoke signals , LOL 

That stuff in the pic above ^^^^  is from a guy works at Textron , could use some more fire for me 

A good buddy Trapper John just passed away a couple of years ago , he made the best hog head cheese  for years , built had built a $200K kitchen behind his house to go commercial , right before he passed 

I think the best comes from Houma at  Bourgeois 

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

You right about where it comes from

Tag's in Chalmette has a hog head cheese he calls " Gumbo " , dats pretty good stuff  and taste just like its name 

Jeanfreau's down in Chalmette , my favorite is Jalapeno , you'll blow smoke signals , LOL 

That stuff in the pic above ^^^^  is from a guy works at Textron , could use some more fire for me 

A good buddy Trapper John just passed away a couple of years ago , he made the best hog head cheese  for years , built had built a $200K kitchen behind his house to go commercial , right before he passed 

I think the best comes from Houma at  Bourgeois 

Sopranos grocery store & Juneau's have the best in my area. Juneaus has the best Hog Cracklin too.

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The link kicks me... But no big deal....let me know how things go with that trooper .... I'm on his side!......placed on leave doesn't shock me they did Harv the same way ... Then down hill from that point.....  What a ! joke it is.... That being said people have mentioned cooking on this new granite cook ware..... Now I've not used it before ... So my question has a tad ofa curve......what's a person to do when none stick coatings starts to come off ?  This pic shows that new westbend cooker / griddle.... Be for warned i called this company .... They have an on going issue with these type combo cookers and don't offer replacement parts but rather give you a new one with proof of purchase ... I told the guy no offense meant but why would i won't another one when sooner or later the none stick is going to peel off.. There policy ... So... My advise is... As nice as this unit is.. It has a major flaw...I've looked into good safe non stick coatings.... Haven't made up my mind on how to handle this being it's the best slow cooker I've ever used very fast heat plus cooking.... Temp stays exactly where it's set... Hands down the best other then this peeling issue......  The scratches occurred after the peeling started if your thinking that was the cause..... It saw nothing but a sponge for cleansing no metal utensils used ether...

image.jpg

• Like 1

Wow , that coating is coming off bad ^^^^  I think I would stop eating out of it , them chips are in the food 

• Like 1

Yeah..... It sucks! It's such a good slow cooker..... Well.... Least i can still use the griddle part.....i just wanted  make sure word was out... Don't get one... They do offer a more costly model.... I'll have to look it back up...but being i bragged on it so much i didn't won't anyone here to get  burned... I might be able to match a stainless food commercial chaffer ....  Like you might would see in a all you can eat joint...oh and it's coated with a non stick ceramic coating (forgot to mention that) ..... It's got to be the food ... Because the outside looks perfect.... Id say acid in tomatoes is what hot it... But ! I don't really know... That's the highest acid type food I've cooked it.. 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

You got to make sure you don't use metal utensils with nonstick surfaces , but even so ,  the coating stuff still comes off 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The Good Old Days 

image.png

Shrimp ?! Never  seen one of those TV dinners with shrimp..... Battered shrimp was a fav of mine growing up, just didnt get that treat all that often ..... Back then it was people with money and more then one tv in there home...... If you had two you were well off.... 2 color tvs and people thought you was rich...lol! 

My favorite TV dinner was roast beef and mash potatoes  then salisbury steak >>>>>>>>> I liked them chicken pot pies 

Oh yeah! Meat loaf..... Creamed taters, n green beans.... Turkey pot pies .... You can still get plate lunches from the pig in columbia....the only piggly wiggly we have now... And One of the few stores you can get good quality fresh meat... Fresh steaks hamburger .... Roast, many deferent cuts...kroggers is another one...... Harris's stopped a few years back.... Kroggers is high as can be and Walmart meats ? Just nasty IMO ..... Looks like more fat then meat... When Sam died Walmart went to ! In a hand basket.... They can't even stock the shelves correctly...figures being Dave's wife (tuna fish) works up there.... If she takes her job as she keeps there house I'll never go back.... For food items...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Oh yeah! Meat loaf..... 

My wife loves her some meat loaf , now that I think about it , she loves  just about anything with ground meat in it , meat loaf ,  hamburgers , chili , dirty rice ,  meatballs and spaghetti , >>>> which just gave me a couple of ideas to cook and mess with her mind  >>>  alligator chili , alligator loaf , ali-burgers , ali-balls and spaghetti , she will never know  , lol 

• Haha 1

Now see... There you go again messing with her...lol!...... Think mountain oysters.... But you didn't get that from me, I'm just a figment of your imagination..... 

Yum , Yum  get you some !!! 

Everyone jumping on the Kracker Wagon , LOL 

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Looks a lot better than cinnamon rolls and sardines 

!!!! I'm hungry!!! Awk!!! 

• Like 1

Not that I am impressed with his video or anything , but check out ya boys wrist band of hot sauces , lol 

This looks tasty , I could see adding some shrimp and or crabmeat ---- this guy is quick , simple and got some good ideas 

If the biden administration hasn't cause enough of food problems yet , they are now considering banning sales of all new gas stoves here in the USA  , better get yours now ---- the stupidity just don't end 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1