Fishfiles

Food Channel

1 hour ago, Goober said:

made some venison polish sausage Party Polish!! LEM Backwoods seasoning and 20% pork fat. Leetle dry. Next time Ima use 25-30% beef fat.
I’ve had COVID for at least a couple weeks now. Ruined Christmas, ruining New Years.

but got my appetite, taste, smell. Just sniffing and sneezing. 

Guess i have to wait till I’m better to broil another. 

B1A08BC4-A430-4E83-BA43-F30A46494B9D.jpeg

Sorry to hear you got the Covid , I have heard , Vitamins C , D and Zinc help 

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I agree , it is a wasted money ,  frying a turkey  >>>>>  to me I like fried turkey before it gets cold , you can throw it away after it was in the ice box  , doesn't make good leftovers , greasy taste ---   

there are places down here that will fry turkeys  for you , even Popeye's Famous Fried Chicken take orders 

Nieces husband got a deep fried from KFC a few years ago.... I wasn't able to attend thanksgiving that year but they were telling about and mentioned getting a deep fried one from KFC ...... Said it was about the best they ever had.... This year did there's in the oven, i believe KFC got to busy doing  deep fried they may have stopped doing them. I myself had only had some from one my exs mother did many moons ago... Much better doing them that say then the traditional way. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I just walked outside to check it out , 58 here , no fog , humid , we had close to 4 inches of rain yesterday on my gauge  ----

The Stale Cracker dude up above  ^^^^ ,  I don't like 100% deer , my buddy Kim has given me some that way as he likes it , too dry and chewy for me , give me 50/50 fat , LOL 

Oh i wouldn't eat it... Not 100% ground ..... A roast, steaks etc etc yeah,  It's like goober says .... A certain amount of pork is a standard rule here.....I've tried 100% dry as can be.... And won't hold together when you grill deer burgers .... Got have beef and pork in the nix..... A friend of mine mixed an egg in with the ones she's makes .... I give her this they hold together good but dry as sand.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

I have not tried this , but it looks good 

Ive made something close but the peppers.... Gravy and ranch would be a twist.... Sounds gooooood! I would think that would make more  gravy then needed.... Well for some might be too much, but with creamed tators and hot cornbread ? Y'all might not see me for a couple days if i ate some of that... Hibernation comes to mind.... Lol! 

• Like 2

Stick with me for excellent , tastey and helpful dining experiences to come  , LOL 

• Like 1

. Mikes been pestering (he a smart a-- pita and that's being nice) lol! Hate those calls i get where he just says hey, hangs up.....sigh..... I don't have a clue how he got so warped.... But he's a good guy..... But wayyyyyy yonder out there..... Anyways...... I finna,y got me some home made mild sausage from his pops.....I'm not spose to have any of this ..... But I'm going to... I use sausage ... More in cooking meals that require beef, the sausage gives it just a better taste blended. 

• Like 2

I swore I'd never buy another No-Stick frying pan , but I did and so far it has been  amazing , Granite Ware or something like that , suppose to be guaranteed to not chip for 10 years , that was the problem in the past , even if you use plastic or wood it chips and I would have to think them chip flakes  are in the food , this new pan doesn't need any oil or butter , in fact they suggest against using any   , seems to work well 

wFH8ml7BT5CW9WtiWJidQA.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I swore I'd never buy another No-Stick frying pan , but I did and so far it has been  amazing , Granite Ware or something like that , suppose to be guaranteed to not chip for 10 years , that was the problem in the past , even if you use plastic or wood it chips and I would have to think them chip flakes  are in the food , this new pan doesn't need any oil or butter , in fact they suggest against using any   , seems to work well 

wFH8ml7BT5CW9WtiWJidQA.jpg

I'll stick to my old cast iron.   My womenfolk are ! on non-stick pans, so I just use cast iron.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

I'll stick to my old cast iron.   My womenfolk are ! on non-stick pans, so I just use cast iron.

We have an electric stove , so I can only use cast iron outside --- I do have a few cast irons and they do cook well  , over the years I have had many oppurtunitoes to buy cast iron pots and pans and didn't ----  I tell you what I do buy up is Magnalite and Guardian/ Knight >>> wife has warned me , don't bring home any more cooking utensils , LOL 

• Like 1

I thought about those granit type skillets and other cook ware accociated with it, but I'm like jeep..... I've been cooking on iron for years .... It's just as much going with what you know as it is part of heritage..... Just about would bet a well seasoned iron skillet would do just as good as the stone .... I have yet to have a hyping stick... Including my grandmothers famous sweet cornbread .. Even a variation of mexican cornbread with chez corn and other ..... Being she was the head of home economics as a teacher for years I'd say she cooked on just about any type of cook ware there was, but always iron was number one..... I recall, many moons ago ... We had a large family gathering good food etc etc.... And everyone helped do dishes... But no one touched the iron.... And they never saw soapy water..... I've used non stick types before and that iron has never lost.. But I've never tried granite stone. 

• Like 1

When you don't have a grill and want to impress your guest !!!!  Stick with me for good food ideas 

image.png

My boy 'kracker  went down yesterday in the news : Still love his shows and wish him the best !!!!!    ----  

Justin Chaisson /  aka Stalekracker 

A Louisiana State Trooper who is also a famous TikTok celebrity with millions of social media followers has been placed on leave over his involvement in a hit-and-run boating crash. Justin Chaisson is a law enforcement officer with the Louisiana State Police but is also known under the alias Stalekracker on social media.

A Louisiana State Trooper who is also a famous TikTok celebrity with millions of social media followers has been placed on leave over his involvement in a hit-and-run boating crash.

Justin Chaisson is a law enforcement officer with the Louisiana State Police but is also known under the alias Stalekracker on social media. Chaisson's Stalekracker character is known for his cooking videos and viral clips that highlight south Louisiana culture.

According to his website, Stalekracker has been featured on major sites like Tasty, Buzzfeed, Delish, and Mashed.

With catchphrases like "that's money dude" and "put that on a cracker" Chaisson built his Stalekracker brand into an internet sensation with millions of followers across multiple platforms.

As a self-proclaimed TikTok chef, Chaisson's Stalekracker fame has also led to a successful revenue stream as well with hats, t-shirts, seasoning, and more Stalekracker merch available in stores and online.

While Chaisson's internet alias is perpetually enjoying a fun-loving good time, in real life, he has been placed on leave from his job as a Louisiana State Trooper as many are questioning State Police as to why he has remained on duty after a hit-and-run boating crash that left a person injured back in July.

According to Chris Nakamoto with the WBRZ Investigative Unit, Chaisson was on a boat being driven by Bryan Nolan when it crashed into another vessel in Assumption Parish. Investigators say that Nolan and Chaisson fled the scene, but were intercepted by authorities while attempting to get away.

At the time, an off-duty Assumption Parish deputy came to the aid of the boaters that were hit by Nolan. That deputy radioed for help and law enforcement intercepted Chiasson and Nolan as they tried to get away. Nolan was arrested and charged with DWI and hit and run. Ten days later, he was arrested again and charged with negligent injuring, and two counts of careless operation of a watercraft.

WBRZ confirmed that Chaisson "never called for help or reported the wreck after it happened."

You've got to be kidding me! You also have a state trooper friend in trouble like i do ?! I'm one of his best friends ...... And we still don't know very much of his over all status...... Pick which ever Link . Fact is no matter what they say he did, he did not pull that ! ants mask off..... I know for a fact he didnt! Those fellahs have a hard enough job dealing with the scum of this nation.... But hey! They have to live by the law while the scum goes un checked..... I wouldn't blame them one bit for telling the man take this job and shove it! I hope your friend makes out better then my friend Harv did..... They effectively ruined his life, and he was a great LE officer, and friend.