Harley 41

Hi new to the site

Hi guys im new to the site. I am looking at a 2016 honda rubicon foreman for a guy i do small engine repairs , guy drop off atv it would stop shifting sometime and a neg sign come up on dash throw code 24 then i replace angle senser then still did it again what could it be and how to reset the computer

• Like 2

Hi Harley41, welcome to ATV Honda!

Start a thread in the utility section and provide us with the history & symptoms so we can follow along and help you fix that Rubicon.

Code 24 indicates a "shift control motor circuit" fault, which could be caused by a harness connector or any number of other reasons... Download the service manual from our manuals thread here and read up on diagnosis procedures and we'll be right along to help ya.

Welcome to the forum Harley. I had that same issue a while ago. Turned out that the magnets in the shift motor broke away from the can and shorted everything out. Pull the motor off and take it apart to check the magnets

Welcome to the forum. Like gator said check the shift motor out, reduction gears and if the angle sensor you replaced was with an aftermarket angle sensor throw it in the trash and go get an OEM.

Thanks guys for information, i purchased the angle senser at honda not aftermarket  it seem that i had it fix the guy pick it up yesterday and he said he had it for a ride today he said the neg sign came up again today for a sec but it was alright again. He said his going to try it again 

Hi guys the gentleman drop off his qaud today just getting it back last week ,today he was plowing went to back up wouldnt go in R , he let it seat for a little while turn the key best kind again little while after it went in - again , i guess i will check the reduction gears and the shift motor. 

• Like 1