Jump to content
SlammedRanger

To anyone that doesnt already know me

Recommended Posts

My name is Brent im from northern ohio. I am one of the sport quad guys but my specialty is 400ex's and tuning carbs on anything. I love riding and racing my quad that is custom made to fit me like a glove. And i look forward to helping people keep there honda doing what it does best. Keep a smile on your face.

20191107_122858.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I'd be scared to take that for a ride, does it have a seatbelt??

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 minute ago, bcsman said:

I'd be scared to take that for a ride, does it have a seatbelt??

Nope no seatbelt. But it does have a teather kill switch just incase i go flying off lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Looks like it either needs wings added to keep it in the air, or spoilers added to keep it on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 Welcome SlammedRanger,cool bike you got there...Wonder how it would do in the woods lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 minutes ago, riverc said:

 Welcome SlammedRanger,cool bike you got there...Wonder how it would do in the woods lol.

I ride it in the woods and on mx tracks. I keep telling myself im gunna do a woods race. XC type but havent pulled the trigger. So far only racing i have done is a local fair mx race. I raced when i was younger but was in a bad crash that ended that. So now i just ride and race for fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I dont run the mx tires for woods riding though. Have a whole different set of xc rims and tires. Cuz 18's in the ruts would be pointless lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I wouldn't hesitate to take your EX for a quick spin, I'm a die hard adrenaline junky, if it's fast, has a big motor or has any kind of thrill factor you can count me in haha!

I think you'll absolutely love the XC (enduro) scene SR. Here in the UK all the top guys are super fit, clearly gym goers, the bikes vary. To me it seems fitness is key to winning.

 

Edit: Check out Graham Jarvis (ex trials rider) and David Knight. Both ride MX bikes but XC/enduro is the same no matter what you ride I guess.

Sea to sky & chase the wolf looks a right blast!! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Just now, SamUK said:

I wouldn't hesitate to take your EX for a quick spin, I'm a die hard adrenaline junky, if it's fast, has a big motor or has any kind of thrill factor you can count me in haha!

I think you'll absolutely love the XC (enduro) scene SR. Here in the UK all the top guys are super fit, clearly gym goers, the bikes vary. To me it seems fitness is key to winning.

And there lies my downfall. Im not into fitness at all. I just ride into shape haha. Dont get me wrong i weigh 175-180 but my stamina is the issue lol. Too many 12oz. curls if you catch my drift !.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Just now, SlammedRanger said:

And there lies my downfall. Im not into fitness at all. I just ride into shape haha. Dont get me wrong i weigh 175-180 but my stamina is the issue lol. Too many 12oz. curls if you catch my drift !.

 

Haha.. I'm sure in clubman (working man's) class you'll be close to top of the results. It's a bit of fun isn't it at the end of the day 🙂 Being up there with the top guys is nice but if it goes wrong it usually goes disasterously wrong, as I'm sure you well know. 

 

Hope you manage to get a few XC rides, I think you'll love it. Don't forget to get some footage 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
Just now, SlammedRanger said:

You know the gopro will be on to catch the carnage if i do one. Gotta get the wife on board. Gunna be a long shot haha

 

Haha.. If it's anything similar to here them it's certainly a lot safer than track racing. A LOT more technical, especially the sections in the woods! DO IT, DO IT.. Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Thanks! I will be doing a full bottom end rebuild and making it alot faster this winter. There will be lots of pictures. But its going to be 440cc when im done. New stroker crank. All bearings in bottom end. New oil pump. I have a large box of oem honda parts and alot of aftermarket go fast parts ready to make the motor new again. Been straining the metal out of the oil way too long to not do the whole deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
3 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Thanks! I will be doing a full bottom end rebuild and making it alot faster this winter. There will be lots of pictures. But its going to be 440cc when im done. New stroker crank. All bearings in bottom end. New oil pump. I have a large box of oem honda parts and alot of aftermarket go fast parts ready to make the motor new again. Been straining the metal out of the oil way too long to not do the whole deal.

This sounds like an exciting build 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Just now, SamUK said:

This sounds like an exciting build 🙂

Just waiting on my crank getting back from crankworks. Getting balanced and trued.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
9 minutes ago, SlammedRanger said:

Just waiting on my crank getting back from crankworks. Getting balanced and trued.

 

Exciting times ahead, I look forward to the build thread SR. More so, I look forward to the carb tuning part of the thread. You (and retro) helped me out in the past with carb issues and nailed it without even seeing/hearing the ATV in question.. It's something I'm still very keen to gain knowledge of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Welcome Slammed' , you are the SportQuad high performance Guru of the site for sure !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Maybe someday I’ll buy a sport quad, maybe going lighter instead of just throwing more power at the situation is the way to go haha. I’d really like a 700XX, good compromise between sport and trail. Never found the sport quads size right for a 6’5 300lb guy though haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...