TRX Student

1995 fourtrax 300 4x4 rebuild

For kicks ,  contact Erik with SuperATV and see what it would cost for them to ship it to you or if he has a vender in Canada you could purchase from , that might pass along a discount , squeaky wheel gets the grease  : @SuperATV

• SuperATV
  • SuperATV
  • SuperATV
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

For kicks ,  contact Erik with SuperATV and see what it would cost for them to ship it to you or if he has a vender in Canada you could purchase from , that might pass along a discount , squeaky wheel gets the grease  : @SuperATV

• SuperATV
  • SuperATV
  • SuperATV

Message Sent!

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:15 AM, Fishfiles said:

Got to take care of them Ka'nucks ( spell check ?)  

Canucks but we love the sentiment!!

• Like 2

On 4/10/2020 at 10:08 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Is that a Caltric exhaust or an Armortech?

I think it’s caltric, it doesn’t fit right, they gave me 30usd back.

Mocked up the rear plastics, and the rear axle, love the shine.

I don’t have the proper wrenches to tighten the nuts, have to borrow from the local garage, so the final torquing will wait for sometime this week.

CAEE870E-528B-4BB1-9B9A-A6D8B3267A56.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRX Student said:

Mocked up the rear plastics, and the rear axle, love the shine.

I don’t have the proper wrenches to tighten the nuts, have to borrow from the local garage, so the final torquing will wait for sometime this week.

CAEE870E-528B-4BB1-9B9A-A6D8B3267A56.jpeg

all you need is a large pipe wrench. and a long pry bar stuck in between the hub studs to keep the axle from turning.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shadetree said:

all you need is a large pipe wrench. and a long pry bar stuck in between the hub studs to keep the axle from turning.

Don't have a pipe wrench either. BUT! The mechanic at the garage is a buddy of mine, he's cool about lending me sockets or wrenches when I need them.

15 hours ago, TRX Student said:

Don't have a pipe wrench either. BUT! The mechanic at the garage is a buddy of mine, he's cool about lending me sockets or wrenches when I need them.

sockets wont work, you need a large pipe wrench.

5 hours ago, shadetree said:

sockets wont work, you need a large pipe wrench.

I borrowed the 300 axle nut socket from AutoZone thru the tool loaner program , LOL 

fullsizeoutput_c43.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I borrowed the 300 axle nut socket from AutoZone thru the tool loaner program , LOL 

fullsizeoutput_c43.jpeg

thats NOT your normal socket !!!!..rofl. you know dang well what i meant by sockets...yes..i could get my hands on a tool just like the one in this pic ^^^, but i wont waste my time, gas..driving back and forth out to cat fishes place to get it, use it, then have to lug it back..when i can reach for my pipe wrench, and get-r-done !..lol.

• Like 2

O'Riely's has the 41MM hammer wrench , when them axle nuts are tight it works well for breaking them loose , you hit the end of the wrench with a BFH ---- LOL 

I actually found this wrench at a flea market and when I looked at the size embossed in it , I was shocked , gave the guy $5 for it , great buy ----it is a pipefitter/ iron worker tool 

IMG_3799.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

fullsizeoutput_c43.jpeg

I thought about buying one of those, or having one made, but I don't intend to ever use a stock 300 rear end, so decided it wasn't worth it.

It’s coming close to finished!

i still need to clean out the gas tank, been waiting for warmer weather.

Ill wait for it to be all done and bring it up to my local garage to figure out what the exhaust needs to fit in place.

Right now I’m making my plan for my led light upgrade. I was told from the old forum to wire in the led’s with the brake lights. I want to also wire in a pod light, similar to the 450 foreman, and that will be wired into the headlight/high beam. 

As I was poking around, mocking thing a up, I noticed this plug. It looks oem, anyone know what it’s for? Accessory guys?

Right hand side handlebar.

4CB20F52-53E2-4178-AE74-D892FA17EC63.jpeg

• Like 1

that's the factory accessory plug ... it's live only when the key is on ... 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that's the factory accessory plug ... it's live only when the key is on ... 

So, I’m trying to find the accessories that would have plugged into it, lights? Some sort of spot light? Would an oem winch have gone to this plug?

it's not rated for much being the fuse is only 15 amp.... NO!! you would not run a winch from this plug .... but the rare hondaline work light  (yes) thats about the only thing from honda i would use ... i ran a digital police radio off mine, and had no issues .. @Goober is the only one i know of that has that rare hondaline work light. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

it's not rated for much being the fuse is only 15 amp.... NO!! you would not run a winch from this plug .... but the rare hondaline work light  (yes) thats about the only thing from honda i would use ... i ran a digital police radio off mine, and had no issues .. @Goober is the only one i know of that has that rare hondaline work light. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quick search on eBay yielded nothing.

Very rare.

Ill keep the plug incase though !

Will look into figuring out how I might be able to mount a big red light cage as a headlight . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRX Student said:

It’s coming close to finished!

i still need to clean out the gas tank, been waiting for warmer weather.

Ill wait for it to be all done and bring it up to my local garage to figure out what the exhaust needs to fit in place.

Right now I’m making my plan for my led light upgrade. I was told from the old forum to wire in the led’s with the brake lights. I want to also wire in a pod light, similar to the 450 foreman, and that will be wired into the headlight/high beam. 

On my kid's 300 I have LED pods run to the tail light wire.  That way with switch on, the pods are on wherever the hi/lo switch is set.  I wired a lightbar in on the front rack and put it on the high beam wire. so with lights on lo beam, just the lower pods are on, and with lights on high beam both lower pods and lightbar are lit up.

You can see the setup on the 300 in this pic.  The lightbar fits underneath the factory hoop on the front rack perfectly.  Had to cut out the little crossmember right in the middle.

girls.jpg

• Like 3

Those accessory receptacles came from the factory with a matching plug that the user can attach wires to. #10 on the parts fiche:

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/atv/1995/trx300fw-a-fourtrax-300-4x4/wire-harness

The old TRX350 had them too. Here are a couple of those receptacles and plugs on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Honda-TRX300FW-TRX-300-Fourtrax-4x4-Auxillary-AUX-Power-Accessory-Plug-Used/254026265982

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Honda-TRX300FW-Fourtrax-300-4x4-accessory-plug-B364/114060486883

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRX Student said:

Quick search on eBay yielded nothing.

Very rare.

Ill keep the plug incase though !

Will look into figuring out how I might be able to mount a big red light cage as a headlight . 

just keep digging use these parts number nos and search for the part number :-) you'll need to do some looking here 

https://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/c/honda_atv/parts i believe honda started using those outlets back in 84 trx200 and went all the way to 2000, basically there the same .. 

you might also look here https://www.hondarestoration.com/

• Like 1

I mounted LED pods on my 86 TRX350 using a set of original spotlight mounts for the basket carrier. I don’t like the LEDs because they blind everyone—they’re tiny but bright!

then i found an original working lamp that came off a junked TRX350–my fam got it for me for Christmas a couple years ago.it was mounted on the front rack using a TRX300 kit. You’ll see the cord is stretched out but here’s how you wire it. My friend wanted my TRX300 so i removed the spotlight thinking I would replace it with a newer Ram mount version that @_Wilson_™ suggested.

ive since put the lamp on my farkled up 86 model although I don’t want to take it on trail. 

A0376726-5828-4A7A-AD3B-93FBA8CE8BDE.jpeg

649C3914-1649-4337-B448-34D2CD615974.jpeg

85A916DE-CF23-4415-BDA6-89921F64BADD.jpeg

9CF15D0C-F4E0-467B-8043-A92968B81BE2.jpeg

A393483C-2F68-4F5A-A9B3-A04B8D0B2687.png

075778C3-78CC-47D9-A8DB-C929044A9224.jpeg

27C83358-B4AA-4529-9FC5-8593B5B29758.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 4

thanks goober. here's the early setup ... i ran a wire harness back to the battery with a 30 amp fuse  ... and swopped the 25 watt bulb out for a a 100 watt focus beam  aircraft landing strip bulb ... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

thanks goober. here's the early setup ... i ran a wire harness back to the battery with a 30 amp fuse  ... and swopped the 25 watt bulb out for a a 100 watt focus beam  aircraft landing strip bulb ... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

warning !!!, i see your front brake master cylinder sight glass will need replacing soon !..lol.