Melatv

Weather

19 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

that's going to mess up y'all going riding ?? maybe a good time to take it easy, on the deck, with tunes, and play some pool. 

40F is a lot better to ride in then 28F , you never know , I ain't telling anyone to bring their ATV over tomorrow  , but if they show up I'd take a ride , I got waders ----but man , has it rained and  has to be flooded in the woods , there a ditch along the fence line that  is over flowing into my yard

IDIiVMGCTAqqN9FqZn+wbg.jpg

• Like 3

i hear you, the rain has made it a slop house here ... Dennis feeds here, because of the rocky ground , but the top soil is just a soup, and hard on cattle .. I've been taking the back way around to avoid this area, so he can keep his cattle fed, I'd rather run short on wood, (which i have a good supply of) then have him move his feeding area. at least some of the exposed rocks will be covered with good rich soil when said and done, so win win for us both. 

image.jpg

• Like 5

High here is 15 Monday, low of 0 (F)

Have three nights in the next week with a low of 12.

Calling for snow Monday, Wed, and Thursday.   Might get to go out and play a bit!

Not supposed to get out of the 20's here until a week from today, when the high is 35.

This is COLD for Arkansas!

Hey Wilson, & some of you others in the south, you guys live near any Civil War historical sites?

• Like 1

yep sure do, atc, I'll look into that, for you, my great grandmothers house actually has bullet holes, sadly most older blood that recall the battles has passed on, along with personal accounts of the battles, sadly ... i don't recall very much as i was told as a child. not so much as an adult, i have a good memory, but very selective ... 

Edit: kind of strange you asked, because I'm watching (9/11 where were you) 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TBRider said:

Don't They shut stuff down when it goes below 32 in Arkansas?

! they ought to! 

We have so many dang debbils from up north moving down here now that they're changing things!  We aren't made for this kinda cold!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

20210211_132510.jpg

That’s why it’s called big sky county. Nice picture. 

47 minutes ago, sled_22 said:

That’s why it’s called big sky county. Nice picture. 

I'll never forget my first time seeing Alberta's big sky...

Gonna be -25F tonight and high of -6. Nice and sunny. Me and my hunting shack partner are going up to check it out and enjoy the beautiful day.

• Like 3

I had a great great grandfather in the Maine 9th infantry, & in the past 20 years i've really gotten into the naval part of it all big time.

Little bit of snow might be heading this way, though its only like the 2nd time this winter 😮

twn.jpg

14 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

I had a great great grandfather in the Maine 9th infantry, & in the past 20 years i've really gotten into the naval part of it all big time.

Little bit of snow might be heading this way, though its only like the 2nd time this winter 😮

twn.jpg

Kentucky was both a north an south state. just 8 miles away, was the north., an 10 miles away was the south. [this is just where i live]. Bardstown, supported the north, so it is told, an Taylorsville, supported the south. the courthouse, in Taylorsville was burned down, by the north. Frank James, stayed at a place, just up the road, from taylorsville. Wingfield. 7 miles out of Taylorsville.

Brother of Jessie James.

• Like 1

On February 12, 2021 at 3:31 PM, ATC4ever said:

Hey Wilson, & some of you others in the south, you guys live near any Civil War historical sites?

I'll PM you a link, wouldn't be right to post it here in the forums, as for weather just plain cold, if this front (they clame) is going to be bad, it sure doesnt look like it, and how many times have THEY been Wong ? countless times.

• Like 1

It is 36F this morning , only going up to 45 today , and tomorrow morning they say 19F and 50% rain ---- I'm calling holiday on Monday  and Tuesday as it is Mardi Gras ( Fat Tuesday ) , even though 90% of the parade have been canceled , thinking of having a 4 wheeler parade ------  only going to be 40s on Tuesday and back to the 60s Wenesday 

• Like 2

aint nothing wrong with history, less it gets changed.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 3

-16C overnight,  supposed to get up to -4C today, should be nice and sunny all day, that storm hitting the south will bring snow here Monday night into Tuesday

3 hours ago, TBRider said:

-16C overnight,  supposed to get up to -4C today, should be nice and sunny all day, that storm hitting the south will bring snow here Monday night into Tuesday

Yup its been upped here to around 20cm Monday night into Tuesday. Could still wheeler around here if we wanted, but after Tuesday it wont be worth it.

• Like 1

my black lab hated the hot weather, would spend most days swimming in the creek, and having fun with my garden sprinkler, when winter time came around he was especially active when it snowed, i still haven't got another dog sence i lost him a few years ago. 

not much of a change here .... 22, to 24 degrees, not the ideal day for a race. 

• Like 3