Melatv

Weather

20 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

On my 7 day forecast it looks like the coldest temp in the future for us will be not this Saturday but next Saturday morning @28F  ---- you'll might be minis -150+ up in the Great White North next weekend , eh !!! ----    thank goodness for Global Warming , it might have been -200 

global warming always makes it colder.

sunday forecast 29f high/ 21f at night. was a wind from the north blowing leaving it at 12f wind chill. 21f now, and again tomorrow night. hope it get some of the ticks and chiggers, not to mention skeeters.

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 2

It's -25 F now and -46 wind-chill. I'll take this over sandals and shorts all day long.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WOW! This am is the coldest windchill value I’ve EVER experienced! -62c or -79.6f

i also found out I need a new battery as the OEM battery in my 2017 wouldn’t start the SUV even plugged in! I had a buddy stop by & pick me up for work. This is CRAZY! Global Warming my azzzz!

• Like 4

-12C here overnight,  supposed to warm up to around freezing..... might go ice fishing....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

WOW! This am is the coldest windchill value I’ve EVER experienced! -62c or -79.6f

i also found out I need a new battery as the OEM battery in my 2017 wouldn’t start the SUV even plugged in! I had a buddy stop by & pick me up for work. This is CRAZY! Global Warming my azzzz!

When stuff got that cold in Alberta our equipment ran 24/7 fueled at least twice a day, turn the off in spring....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

Ya got me beat Wheeler! Back in the winter of 78/79 they cancelled classes at our community college. It was -35 F and very windy. We were elated of course. My buddy and I headed straight to the ski hill and skied all day. You could not have any exposed skin or it instantly froze.

• Like 1

I guess this'd be the wrong weekend to buy your wife flowers,  they'd shatter before ya could get them in the house!

• Haha 3

🤯🥶🥶🥶  I haven't seen temps like that since I left North Dakota.  Chilly here this morning but not that cold. 0 degrees got about 4 1/2" lastnight plowed the neighborhood,  then drove across town to plow out my Mom, city always plows snow in front of everyone's house all over town. Was about a 2ft berm in front of moms house. Then a nice brisk ride to the gas station for a ethanol free fill up.

20210207_080955.jpg

20210207_092427.jpg

20210207_093800.jpg

20210207_103914.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 5

had a slight dusting last night, just about melted away this afternoon, the temps now in the upper 30's

@Wheeler wow man, that's cold!     dangerous cold! 

image.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

had a slight dusting last night, just about melted away this afternoon, the temps now in the upper 30's

image.jpg

That sure is purdy.

• Like 1

Well the ice fishing adventure with the foreman was..... cold. Took 5 minutes of cranking to get the Fourwheeler to fire. Started and ran good once running. But the fwd actuator wouldn’t engage so I didn’t have it. Pulled the shack about 30 yards onto the ice and she dug down to ice and wouldn’t pull no more. Needed chains I suppose without fwd. so I just pulled the shack and put the foreman back on the trailer. It was -26 when doing that this morning. 
then when I left I checked the fwd after sitting in the sun for 5 hours and son of a gun engaged. It was up to -4 then. Ohh well I guess I needed the exercise. No fish bounty either. Two 12” perch. 
still cold too. Down to -10 right now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

image.jpg

You have some pretty country there Wilson.

• Like 2

Went & picked up a new Optima Yellow Top. Dry cell battery won’t freeze, 3 year free replacement warranty. $342. Looking forward to how she fires up in the morning. Going back down to the -40s again overnite. 

• Like 5

thank you @56Sierra, and @PROV been living around this area for most of my life, the neighbors across the way i consider close as family, i couldn't ask for better people, so plus plus :-) and wilson cycles is just a stones throw away, that's the reason i took this handle out of respect for years of working for him, and he's the one .. who found me my 00 mint 300, he always told me ... get a 300 atv if you want a honda utility. 

wheeler .. didnt i hear you say you had a diesel ? SUV ? 

• Like 2

@_Wilson_™ my SUV is a 2017 Nissan Rogue top of the line orange leather. But my 2011 VW Golf is a Turbo Diesel Highline. 

& I agree the one pic is awesome. I wish I had land again.. one day..

• Like 1

thank you!  i thought maybe you were using the diesel in that super cold weather, i take it,  it's a pre chamber diesel ? with a plug a block heater. hey man came on down, i could find y'all a place to live, and setup, but, I'm not sure you'd like the summer weather, lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheeler said:

Went & picked up a new Optima Yellow Top. Dry cell battery won’t freeze, 3 year free replacement warranty. $342. Looking forward to how she fires up in the morning. Going back down to the -40s again overnite. 

Let us know what you think of that battery if you would. I've always ran Yuasa. Due for a new one before next fall. 

• Like 2

@_Wilson_™ my wife drives the VW every day to work & back. 1500w Frost Heater. (Circulates the coolant.) it will melt snow off the hood gets so warm under hood! Fires up like it’s 80f ousted at -30 haha. I will be sure to review the battery @PROV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought you were going to say you had a pro heat on the jetta......lol

oh okay, i gotcha ... those Volkswagens are great reliable vehicles ... i figure it was a kats heater like this, but still does the same, I've used these on certain tractors  for the winter time, doesn't take long to heat one up with those circulating heaters, most times, we just plugged  them in the am, never was happy to have them plugged in over night. my jeep has a plain engine freeze plug element heater, makes it easy on the starters, batteries, even keep the engine oil warm. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Wilson, about 5 years ago I spent a week in your neighborhood. Went in April so it wasn't so darn hot. Had a great time and saw alot of stuff. However it still hit a humid 80+ degrees. Wasn't bad but not a huge fan of hot weather, especially if humidity is high.

• Like 2