Melatv

Weather

3 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Things easing up here, just gearing up for more..... This is spose to last us till 5 PM , wouldn't shock me if they extended this forecast ...... Just hope it doesn't cause many traffic related issues.... And the worst over before night fall... 

We got 8 inches of rain here overnight.  Half hour south they got 10"+

I had to come in to work late today because of water on the roads.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

That's a lot of water similar to a Tropical Storm.

3 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Impressive! Did that amount help with the overly dry conditions y'all experienced back in the summer and fall ? Or did it come down so quick it was more run off then was soaked in ? My weather system can't be right.. I'm showing 1.63 inches and i know that's not right... What I'm thinking is this thing has a auto reset .... When temps falls below 26.5 ..  If that's right then the amount i show is correct or dern sure close... It does have an temp pre alarm that triggers 30 minutes prior to the set alarm most likely to give you time to let your vehicle warm up..... So that might also refresh the rain amount in the records...... I don't care for that auto mess, and never have needed an alarm to wakeup.... When i wanted / needed to. Gauging by the amount of water in ped from my storm shelter .... I'd say 1 or a tad more is right....... For the longest time i had been thinking of getting a dehumidifier ...... So..... I finally located one that will hand,e this size house.... I've had it a couple months so far so good inside stays about 40-50% and that's perfect! So all on all things are good except this crazy weather..... 

37 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Impressive! Did that amount help with the overly dry conditions y'all experienced back in the summer and fall ? Or did it come down so quick it was more run off then was soaked in ? My weather system can't be right.. I'm showing 1.63 inches and i know that's not right... What I'm thinking is this thing has a auto reset .... When temps falls below 26.5 ..  If that's right then the amount i show is correct or dern sure close... It does have an temp pre alarm that triggers 30 minutes prior to the set alarm most likely to give you time to let your vehicle warm up..... So that might also refresh the rain amount in the records...... I don't care for that auto mess, and never have needed an alarm to wakeup.... When i wanted / needed to. Gauging by the amount of water in ped from my storm shelter .... I'd say 1 or a tad more is right....... For the longest time i had been thinking of getting a dehumidifier ...... So..... I finally located one that will hand,e this size house.... I've had it a couple months so far so good inside stays about 40-50% and that's perfect! So all on all things are good except this crazy weather..... 

we’ve had quite a few good rains lately.

with that much falling in 12ish hours, most would run off though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goober said:

I see the eastbound 4 lane is closed. Have you been To town yet? How do those roads look?

Everything is still shut down, no travel advised. They pulled the plows because it was drifting in as fast as they was opening the roads. I got about 80% of my place opened up but now I have to go chase down fuel tomorrow so one way or another, I'm going to town. The kids got an extended Christmas vacation. They might possibly go back Thurs or Fri. The 7 day shows no precip and 25-30 degrees so back to normal.

• Thanks 2

1:15 AM , just got woke up by a bad butt thunder storm  and hard rain , from the sound of them wind chimes , it is blowing 40+ mph , hope the electricity doesn't go out 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

@56Sierra heard on the radio ‘Bama was in a tornado watch along with us.  How did you fair out ? 

My WX radio just went off with a Tornado Warning.  As usual it's north of us.  We are getting heavy rains and some wind but fine so far.  The truck needed washed so I'm cool.

• Like 2

It rained almost all day here in Lacombe , 66 was the high temp , sun finally came out a couple of hours before dark 

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

It rained almost all day here in Lacombe , 66 was the high temp , sun finally came out a couple of hours before dark 

Rain quit about 11 for a while started again around 3 that lasted about an hour. Glad I was in my ground blind.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was up before the sun and seen a glistening reflection on the ground in one of the cameras , was like the moon on water , I was thinking it already rained during the night , when I looked at other cams they were dry , I went outside and water was coming out the well house under the door  , I opened the door and water was blowing right out the top the pump , fitting was cracked  , how I did not get shocked I don't know , flipped the switches off and bleed the system down , lucky for me I had everything I needed right there , spare fittings , tools , glue , etc , got it fixed and running and took longer drying everything off than fixing it  , about 30 minutes later after I was picked up ,  it started raining and rained pretty much all day till the late evening ---- I was pretty lucky , making a list right now to replace fittings and get some fresh glue and cleaner 

• Like 2

We got  dessert weather going on tonight , just let the dog out and  it is 39 right now an hour before sunrise , and 69 is the projected high 

• Like 1

Wow , what a change was 39 yesterday morning and 66 this morning before daylight , going up to 77 today , I love it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow , what a change was 39 yesterday morning and 66 this morning before daylight , going up to 77 today , I love it 

Won't last long 50's for the high Fri & sat. Low's in the 30's. Back to 70's by Monday now that's a roller coaster ride.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, riverc said:

Won't last long 50's for the high Fri & sat. Low's in the 30's. Back to 70's by Monday now that's a roller coaster ride.

Bummer !!! 

BOOM!! Hail.....had a near miss just a few ago... Still have data coming in from MTEARS .... Y'all stay safe out, and FF ...this mess you wouldn't miss at all.... Most would not like to see this.... But as of right now no hail damage .... If it had been back during crop season... The damage would have been very costly! .... You can clearly see the formation (hook echo) 2nd,and 3rd image  (small white area zoomed in) temps started at about 65 now 50 and plummeting ..... Pressure dropped all the way to 28.92 @ 1:00 PM CDT now @ 4:25 PM CDT 29.03..... That's a big change in such a short time... Dead give away... Things were going south very quickly.. @Wormy how's things over yonder ?? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Was mid 60's here yesterday morning early.  Dropped to mid 40's by 5PM, and down into mid 30's this morning.  Supposed to be chilly today and tomorrow.

• Like 2

Yesterday was heavy overcast and occasional drizzling rain all day and dead calm , no wind  , temp was right at 60 , till exactly 3:30 , when the sun came out hard , it was like someone flipped the light switch and at the same time it felt like the temp jumped up 10 degrees ,  then a couple of minutes later the wind started and the wind chimes went berserk , it was a cold wind , it was actually warmer with the over cast --- now it is 41 this morning  crazy weather 

It actually got colder after daylight.  It is 8:00 now and dropped down from 41 to 34. Ice on my truck windows.