Melatv

Weather

When Circle K was still in Slidell , La , I could get a large Cola Icee for $.98 with tax included , now with change of ownership and Biden'om'ics plus tax it is $3.98 --- I'd feel good with that snow job ^^^^  you'll got , they pay big bucks for it done here  LOL 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

Be glad you're not in Bismarck North Dakota!

Screenshot_20221216_151935_Messages.jpg

I thought the same about Montana .....i couldn't pas that up .... Lol!..... The plus side is y'all have plenty of the white slick stuff to have fun in! Here it's mudd...... Lol! 

• Like 1

I have no clue ..... I'm way behind as of this morning... All I'm seeing is a forcast for snow.... I got a noaa alert via text  a few ago thought it might be something to do weather a weather alert, but no, sadly an amber alert out Fayetteville tn.

But last Christmas it was warm here as well..... Just wet and sloppy..... The weather has been about the same up until a few days ago.... Now it's feeling like winter should be (least for here) 

My wife's brother lives in the River Parishes , were they do the bonfires for Christmas so Saint Nick can find his way down the Mississippi  , she wants to go there Saturday night ,  they are saying it could  be in 20s , sounds fun , eh , not !

• Like 2

Just watching the weather , they calling for the wind chill for Saturday night at the bonfires up in Paulina / Luther ^^^^  to be in the teens 

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Just watching the weather , they calling for the wind chill for Saturday night at the bonfires up in Paulina / Luther ^^^^  to be in the teens 

It's going to get cold Fish for Louisiana, will remind me of living in Kansas.

• Like 1

We're cooling Down this week.  But not bad for Christmas day. Currently -14. Wednesday looks to be chilly🥶

Screenshot_20221219_071428_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20221219_071402_Google.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, riverc said:

It's going to get cold Fish for Louisiana, will remind me of living in Kansas.

@riverc , aren't you up around the bonfires 

This pic is a weather related disaster ,  when the tornado went thru , one house in Jefferson parish had a stand-by generator , when power went out the gen pack kicked on and caught fire , it burned that house and the house next door to the ground , trucks , cars , boats from both houses all destroyed , my buddy is doing the emergency  demolition  , he says every agency is there , sheriffs , fireman , parish workers , ATF , FBI , etc ,etc , and he couldn't touch the gen pack , sound like a major lawsuit  ----  the pic is one house totally gone and what's left of the neighbors house 

At least with a tornado , you might find some valuables , with a fire like that , looks like nothing  was savable 

image000000.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Always hate to see that, but it makes it worse when it happens at Christmas.

These are wind chills, but supposed to get to 6 on Thursday night.  High is 19 Friday.

cold.jpg

We are suppose to be down to -50 wind chills later this week. I really hope they have the rest of the roads open by the next snow, wind and those temps.I hate rescuing people in those temps. Nothing wants to work and everything wants to break.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PROV said:

When it's in the 20's here we think it's nice outside.

IMG_20221215_151218289.jpg

I lived 3 winters in Minnesota in the 80's so know what it's like. My wife is from Roseville, Mn moved her out in 86 she's never had a desire to move back lol.

• Like 2

Hm..... And i told ff to keep that mess out there, and now jeep, you just had to post this THATS IT! I'm firing up the dragon when that mess gets here .... Least I'll have a few days of good heat........ Before they find me frozen solid ..... 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

@riverc , aren't you up around the bonfires 

What Bonfires?

Wow , the weatherman just said we are going to drop 30-40 degrees in 2 hours coming this week , Thursday it is going to be 18 for the low overnight , 17 overnight on Friday 

I hope these folks, "living by choice", on the side streets of Bozeman, love their living conditions with what's coming mid week here. -37° Is ambient temperature.

20221219_132329.jpg

20221219_132338.jpg

• Like 4

@Fishfiles and I dodged some rain this morning.   Seems to have split and given us fairer weather at least for a while.   Suits me just fine since I had to take Roxie to the vet this morning to see if there's anything we can do about her hips.

Nothing like loading up two crippled old ladies in the pouring rain.

• Like 1

Thank goodness for global warming , could only imagine how cold it would be without it , brrrrr !! 

53 degrees here in Lacombe @ 5:30 AM and no rain 

Hope Roxie is feeling better @56Sierra 

The rain should be out of my area by 12:00 p.m. it's 47 now with light rain when it stops, I'm going deer hunting maybe I'll get lucky.

;00 p.m.

Weather lady  just said that 53 we had  this morning , it was the high for our day  and it is downhill from there ----- an update on the predicted " Day after Tomorrow " event , they say it will drop in temp about 40 degrees in 12 hours , with the majority of the drop in temp (about 30 degrees) in 2-4 hours  

image.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4