Melatv

Weather

1 hour ago, Freedomflyer said:

We went from -48° to 51° in 3 days....99° temperature swing. Welcome to Montana not unusual. 

ok...you win (Grin)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

We went from -48° to 51° in 3 days....99° temperature swing. Welcome to Montana not unusual. 

You know....... Ff.... Y'all have the cure for all those transplants coming in from California .....just purchase some air time on the tv and other media outlets and let it be very well known Montana's weather is whack!! Lol! Problem solved.... 

• Haha 1

ok...you win (Grin)

Didn't know it was a contest 🤣

We have had some strange stuff going on for December. 

• Haha 1

Pleasant surprise  this am...... Started out at 23 about 1 am..... And now some nicer temps 36 out..... Maybe some storms coming with these new wind alerts over in Arkansas (the western, north western and central area of the state) i didn't post about the till i was sure this rare event actually took place... So goes when those bad winters storms were advancing .... In strength .... I experienced what Jim cantory did..... Yet i was inside, but for the very 1st time ....( far as i know) we had  thunder snow (winter time lightening) but as i said i didn't post till now.... It was verified by MTEARS we did indeed have thunder snow .... A couple of spotters.... Verified this as thunder snow.... In areas where ... There were no outside un explained events that took place or could have been mistaken for lightening.... Strangely enough there was little talk of a clap of thunder accociated with lightening.... This i can't explain, but it strange because the weather channels Jim Cantory was doing an on scene weather report a few years back and the event was captured via camra and microphone.... Lightening and thunder... 

Edited by _Wilson_™

Yeah.......like our weather isn't similar?

https://www.whitehallledger.com/story/2021/04/07/community/5-facts-proving-montana-weather-is-insane/2953.html?m=true

Warmed up even more yesterday,  55°, made a huge mess of the streets.  City was getting a lot of calls from residents that they couldn't get down their street due to he slush getting high centered with their cars. They decided to start plowing and experiment of course started with our street. Boy what a mess they made. I talked to the road grader driver and he said they were going to stop because it wasn't going like they thought it would and were probably going to have to haul it away. But not before they did this to us. I've tried to do as they ask and push snow into my yard and not into the street and then they come by and do this with wet heavy slush. This really torqued me, was about all I could do get it into my yard. If I wouldn't it would've frozen solid as it got back down to 27 lastnight then I would've been screwed for the rest of the winter. So cleaned up in front of ours and surrounding neighbors otherwise they would've been in the same boat.

20221205_195000.jpg

20221227_194339.jpg

20221227_211005.jpg

20221227_211106.jpg

Edited by Freedomflyer
  • Like 3

Mighty nice of you ff, for helping your neighbors out, Wow! You'd think the city would relize when those mounds they made froze over.... That's a sure way to do severe damage to the under carrage of vehicles that tried, but couldn't clear that refrozen rock hard mess.... And i would guess if that did happen the city wouldn't be held accountable, or responsible For damage done to private owned vehicles ?? ..... I agree from how you've described this ..... I'm be miffed as well.....not only that but what about emergancy services that wouldn't be able to get through to help someone in need.....

• Like 1

We are up to 70 today , clear skis , a blue jay day ----  going to be 70 for New Years Eve day and 60 New Years Eve Night 

• Like 1

Hey FF, maybe all those plow operators were from California! 😉 We got to 29 today. Feels like a heat wave. Had to shovel 3' of snow off my utility trailer. Last of the Christmas grandkids left this morning. I went to the gun range to get some peace and quiet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well....... Might as well look on the bright side....... Spring isn't THAT far off.... Lol! Or is  it way latter after spring before y'all warm up ?? 

71 degrees , raining hard and they say 100% rain for the next 4 hours --- then dry and warm for New Years Eve and New Years Day , they talking about 58 degrees at 12:00AM New Years 

Weather is getting interesting this morning...Temp now 70.3 85% humidty... Wind adveraging 4-16 mph due out of the south southwest dew point 63.3 falling, absoulute pressure 29.13 inHg ...might see a green teeth monster forming soon MTEARS has been activated 

• Like 1

Yesterday we were at 79 degrees and 100% humidity and cloudy most of the day --------  rained last night ,  only suppose to make it to 75 today with a low tonight of 70  

• Like 1

Snow, snow and more snow. We got dumped on again last night and I haven't heard any total amounts yet (still snowing) but my 18 inch muck boots are not tall enough.Of course the "new to me" plow pickup only gives problems when it's needed. We needed moisture but I'm running out of places to pile this stuff. We usually get a few breaks between snows but not this year.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Yesterday we were at 79 degrees and 100% humidity and cloudy most of the day --------  rained last night ,  only suppose to make it to 75 today with a low tonight of 70  

Crazy weather pattern that's for sure. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, toodeep said:

Snow, snow and more snow. We got dumped on again last night and I haven't heard any total amounts yet (still snowing) but my 18 inch muck boots are not tall enough.Of course the "new to me" plow pickup only gives problems when it's needed. We needed moisture but I'm running out of places to pile this stuff. We usually get a few breaks between snows but not this year.

That sounds like a mess to me, glad I don't have shovel snow anymore.

24 minutes ago, toodeep said:

I see the eastbound 4 lane is closed. Have you been To town yet? How do those roads look?

Edited by Goober

19 minutes ago, toodeep said:

but my 18 inch muck boots are not tall enough.

Muck is a good boot , I have a  pair and love them ... seen they were $79 at Tractor Supply over the holidays , I paid about $100 when I got mine 

Things easing up here, just gearing up for more..... This is spose to last us till 5 PM , wouldn't shock me if they extended this forecast ...... Just hope it doesn't cause many traffic related issues.... And the worst over before night fall... 

• Like 1