Melatv

Weather

13 hours ago, PROV said:

It's only -8 here, rather tropical.

IMG_20240110_111416453_HDR.jpg

Rather tropical ??? Hey ff.... we were in chat last night i told bcs i bet after ff"s weather post (-37) hes not sleeping with those windows up this evening ... its 28 here.... and we dont want anymore heads up future weather forcast from @Derf40 lol!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry to tell you, every night 🌙,  gotta have that fresh air and cold pillow.💨💤

• Haha 1

We got about 6 1/2-7 inches  here according to the weather people.  The wife said that’s like my “6 inches” in that it’s more like 4.

Low’s in the single digits, highs in the upper teens yesterday and today.  Supposed to get to low 30’s tomorrow, 36 on Thursday, then back to low 20’s for highs.

Can’t wait to see my natural gas bill…..

• Like 1

According to THE weather station 8 inches of wet heavy snow.... 14°f  83% humidty wind 1.7 mph out of the north east 36° wind chill 14 pressure 29.37 inHg sun 1.46 klux....... global warming my --- 

• Haha 1

forecasters?, were right. for the past 2 or 3 days its been raining, it is so light of a rain, i take a garbage bag, put it on my rocking chair seat, smoke, and get to drink my drink outside.

60 today, 57 yesterday, 47 the day before. best spring weather i've ever had. plus low or no wind. i need better boots though, KEEN boots are of a lower quality, just to warn you, if you are shopping, i can say the shoes are no different. i miss the old days when stuff was made to fit, and last a while. least there are bread bags for shoe covers and boots.

On 1/16/2024 at 10:17 AM, jeepwm69 said:

Can’t wait to see my natural gas bill…..

Interesting enough the rent on my tank came in couple days ago... hair over $100... i called the gas company ( i deal with) to check and what do ya know ? Over $300 !! Bills were sent out, these added (200 +) charges are late fees.(I HAD TAKEN OFF) ..because the bills mailed // carried (not delivered) by the SEVERELY UNDEPENDABLE usps.... in cully tn... report filed with this United States postal service district administration... i know nothing will be done..(sure felt good).. to rid the usps of that worthless tit milking the usps for a pay check, and benefits..... shade im right with ya on feelings about the usps.... the pony express on horse back could do a better job....   to think of how many family members / friends i have or had that were (and still are employed) by the usps ..... i dont like the though of them having there jobs complicated by other workers NOT doing there own work... this image... reminds me... yeah my front hay field doesn't resemble a mailbox... which is where some of mail ends up..... DO YER ! JOB..... also on this route we had one that would help herself to prescription opioid pain meds..(stealing mail)..that belonged to physically ill individuals...... i dont see that as much more then street walking drug headed scum ... ... my advise ? If you have to deal with the usps.... and get late charges from bills not making it in? Use your email...to get first hand notices from inits's vis email... do not depend fully on the usps.... because the creed ? Snow rain sleet ?? Is total BS. 

IMG_8766.JPG

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

3/4 of inch, sleet-ish, then snow, 24 tonight. three puff night when smoking outside. i need better winter gear. at one time i could hunt and stay warm, to 15 degrees. i cant do that in me old age anymore, i do have memory's of these ky hills, walking up and down, and had to carry a backpack, for when i over heated, and needed space for the warm clothes, then putting them on back slowly as i cooled down. at the Jack Van Berg training facility in Oldham Co. Skylight, we had to take the muck-wagon to empty it. i had to strip to my tee shirt when i got over heated, at 20 degrees, till i got colder, and redressed. the manure piles were steaming form the horse piles of manure. same as hunting when i got older, except for manure piles. with research, i have found my hypothalamus must not work quite correctly. " one of the endocrine glands.

Jack Van Berg, was not his father, as far as training race horses,as if you had seen some of the riders, including me, had not the experience to let horses win races. the 1st three months i rode i got thrown 99 times. i seen some riders jerking the reins, which is not a good ideal. it is abusing the horse. not teaching it. tis said a monkey can sit a horse, i believe so, i dont believe though, can let a horse win a race. that comes from experience. which brings me to the art of letting a horse win. it involves positive reinforcement, something that can be used towards your kids, should you have any. it probably works with all mammals. maybe with even microbes. reward instead of punish. the horses i rode after i learned this lesson, went to many race tracks, made money for their respective owners. i very seldom used a whip on a horse, but hit my boot instead. the noise is enough to motivate, though i have stuck a horse a few times, with the bat, "whip" i only left a welp once, and regretted it afterwords. the horse didnt deserve it. his nickname was Pete., a nickname, as horses are named later, those that are younger.

Pete, could go the way of a turn on the wrong lead and yet still run fast. i tried everything to get him on the right lead. he sold for 17,000, hunter-jumpers, but that was too little for he knew what it was to win the race. i popped him on the butt, once in a workout, for getting away from a horse, that moved over on us by an inexperienced rider, and left a welp. i think i was wrong though, to hit him, even if it did avoid a collision. i never left a welp after that. anyway Pete went around the turn on the wrong lead, and beat all the horses, in the workout on one day, and yelled, nickered, all the way back to the barn. he was proud of himself, and deservedly so, a horse like that, shows promise, which cannot be recognized by many, for is a horse that will try harder to win, and appreciates it more. 

on the side, the horses i rode in florida, i would give them a bit of spainish moss, from the trees, when they did good. i never found out if it was good for them. they liked it though.

just too tell ya, my horses are shedding their winter coat. it is close to march. all an all, its has been crazy weather. too early, i think for the horses to shed. so it is..

Been doing some looking ... being noaa aviation did the beta version update >> News and it has become more of a problem to use... or i have noticed its not as good as the older version.. however... I located this side of noaa... Sites if anyone trys the aviation version let me know thoughts on it... the people at I-alert also have mixed feelings about it.

the 8th is too far away to predict the weather, for me, the weather changes so much in the Ohio valley. the eclipse is in the 90 % range. of course with doppler radar going, who knows which way storms will go.

It's been snowing  here since Thursday afternoon.  I'm done with winter...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was outside in shorts and a T-shirt and flip-flops today sweating breaking down tires

• Like 1

Well i was in flip flops almost lost a toe nail.... what was that about the weather ???  .... Kinda hard to think about anything having both  eyes in one socket... 

20 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

I was outside in shorts and a T-shirt and flip-flops today sweating breaking down tires

My house will be in the shadow tomorrow.  I'm almost in the middle of total coverage,  so it should be dark here for about 4 min plus.

Is your house in the path?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TBRider said:

My house will be in the shadow tomorrow.  I'm almost in the middle of total coverage,  so it should be dark here for about 4 min plus.

Is your house in the path?

We’re going to drive about 45 min nw to get into totality.   It’s going from about an hour west of me to an hour north of me, so we’re going to try to catch it in the middle of nowhere, where hopefully we can avoid the crowds.

• Like 2

Yea we are in there too with TBR. Schools getting out 3hrs early today. I have my welding helmet with me lol 😎🎇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATC4ever said:

Yea we are in there too with TBR. Schools getting out 3hrs early today. I have my welding helmet with me lol 😎🎇

You need a shade 14 with a welding shield glass.

I'm trying to setup my shop camera so my daughter can watch it from the west coast.

Yup, g/f and I biked up by the dam to watch, bunch of ppl already there. Got real dark & cold all at once. Quite the site!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Pretty cool thing to see. 

Great pics .how cold did it get on ya'll ? .... i just got some off center pics here here and far off center as we were it was dark enough for birds to start roosting...strang thing was i didnt hear a rooster ...but i did see a sand hill crane fly over..that doesnt happen here very often so... two for one for me...i guess lol... pics aint the best but... glad we were partly inline.... broken cloud cover helped some..

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

• Like 1