Melatv

Weather

7 minutes ago, riverc said:

They had a grass fire yesterday in St. Landry Parish close to 190 highway that's not too far from me. Stepped out this morning it's 68 feels good not all muggy.

Did not realize you live off 190 , I am 1 miles off 190 , 1/2 mile like the crow flies 

I seen in the news a old guy that burned his house down , then a elderly lady that fell into the fire and burned to death , a string of boat sheds burned 18 slips with 15 boats , burned to the water line  >>>>>>>>>  I was talking to a guy yesterday that I know , who use to live in this neighborhood , he just got out of Angola and he was telling a story of a inmate that tied himself up , poured gas on himself and lit it up , he didn't make it --- did you know there iis no air conditioning in the cells at Angola 

53° right now, high of 78° is all today.  Supposed to be similar til Sunday then 60% chance of rain with a high of 75°, Monday 90% chance of rain with high of 64°. Typical labor day weekend here, Always seems to rain and run the weekend. Looks like only possible day to ride would be Saturday.😕

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Did not realize you live off 190 , I am 1 miles off 190 , 1/2 mile like the crow flies 

I seen in the news a old guy that burned his house down , then a elderly lady that fell into the fire and burned to death , a string of boat sheds burned 18 slips with 15 boats , burned to the water line  >>>>>>>>>  I was talking to a guy yesterday that I know , who use to live in this neighborhood , he just got out of Angola and he was telling a story of a inmate that tied himself up , poured gas on himself and lit it up , he didn't make it --- did you know there iis no air conditioning in the cells at Angola 

I know a few guys that have been to prison Angola, Hunts & DCI they had no AC in the dormitories that was years ago could have changed by now not sure.

Wow , we get way off topic sometimes , lol 

There is a reality show comes on Saturday mornings about life in Angola very interesting 

I actually have been in there to fish , my high school friend's people are from Simmesport , back in the 70s  we use to hunt Three Rivers , Red River and Grassy Lake areas , buddy's friend was a higher up warden , got to go in and fish for Sac'a'lay and bass 1/2 a dozen times , that was good fishing 

• Like 1

59 here this morning at dawn.  I went out and worked for about 45 mins before I had to get the kid up for school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

59 here this morning at dawn.  I went out and worked for about 45 mins before I had to get the kid up for school.

Was 68 here that felt good.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Freedomflyer said:

Interesting that I90 runs right by Bozeman and Belgrade here in Montana.

I was on Hwy 11 in New Orleans yesterday , it is where Hwy 11 starts , where they filmed the James Bond Movie Live or Let die  and Hwy 11 goes all the way to Chicago 

Talk about confusing ,  we have Interstate !-59 , Louisiana Hwy 59  and Interstate Exit 59 all close to one another 

Coming to a Piccadilly near you 2025 !  Pigeon = City Doves , Yummmmm !!!! 

image.png

I been watching the radar... Off n on... It looked as tho some might be getting down south for you fellows down in the gulf... @riverc ? Hopping yaw get some very soon... Or at least a break from the heat..it's 77 here overcast...wind 4-5 mph out of the south... Right nice outside, went for 1 mile +- walk early this am bout 3 ....just a tad on coo, side for shorts but other then that very pleasant outside.. Looks to be a nice holiday weekend.. 

16 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I been watching the radar... Off n on... It looked as tho some might be getting down south for you fellows down in the gulf... @riverc ? Hopping yaw get some very soon... Or at least a break from the heat..it's 77 here overcast...wind 4-5 mph out of the south... Right nice outside, went for 1 mile +- walk early this am bout 3 ....just a tad on coo, side for shorts but other then that very pleasant outside.. Looks to be a nice holiday weekend.. 

We sure do need some rain Wilson, hope we get some this weekend, best day looks like Monday. It's mid 90's here looks like it's going to be like that for the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Yesterday we had 1.5 inches of well needed rain after over a month with no rain. I enjoyed every minute of it and bet the grass, plants, trees  & animals did too.

• Like 3

We got about 1/2 inch here, but we needed it.

Spent the weekend with the wife and kid.  Got a little bush hogging done on the farm Sunday morning before church, and went out and scattered some millet yesterday in the duck hole as the rain was moving in.  Perfect timing with the rain starting right as I was finishing up scattering seed.

• Like 2

We been getting a lot of rain today , it also rained some  over last night 

We needed some rain --- don't need Hurricane Lee coming to the USA coastline , it is a doo'see 

• Like 1

Fish, read the northshore had bad storms yesterday that left thousands without power were you one of them?

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

We been getting a lot of rain today , it also rained some  over last night 

We needed some rain --- don't need Hurricane Lee coming to the USA coastline , it is a doo'see 

Hope it doesn't hit USA, they say  Boston maybe NYC what they going to do with all the illegal migrants living in the streets?

11 minutes ago, riverc said:

Fish, read the northshore had bad storms yesterday that left thousands without power were you one of them?

Apparently the power did not go off , none of the clocks were flashing , you can tell I don't much listen to the local news cause I never knew anything about power outages , till you said something ....  my big umbrella by my shop was thrown and broken and I have had that one for years , the wind  must have been bad , I could review the cameras and see when it went down  ----- have  a few limbs down  

No hurricanes in our part of the world. 😊 Finally got weather in the 50's to 70's. Leaves are starting to fall. Hunting season in 10 days. Yay!!! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ATC4ever said:

We'll get the tail end of it.

I heard a term that I never had heard before , it was on our local tv weather report , they said the hurricane was going to the Canadian Maritimes ----ever heard that term ? 

This year has  been crazy with bugs , to tell the truth , they have not been too bad , but it has been the pledges of a week , was like we had a week of mosquitos way back , then a week of deer flies , a week on gnats , 2 weeks of warps and bees , now it is the love bugs  ---- I hate the love bugs as far as the vehicles go they are horriblle on the highway , mashed all over the front end and windshield , but what I don't like is them landing on me , so use to flies , mosquitos and  warps and they land and scare you 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

This year has  been crazy with bugs , to tell the truth , they have not been too bad , but it has been the pledges of a week , was like we had a week of mosquitos way back , then a week of deer flies , a week on gnats , 2 weeks of warps and bees , now it is the love bugs  ---- I hate the love bugs as far as the vehicles go they are horriblle on the highway , mashed all over the front end and windshield , but what I don't like is them landing on me , so use to flies , mosquitos and  warps and they land and scare you 

Chiggers have me eaten up right now.  Bush hogging last weekend on a cabless tractor, having to push limbs out of the way with my arm while I steer with the other arm.  I'm ate up.

• Haha 3