Melatv

Weather

Yesterday we had a high wind event.  Did not last long but it was powerful.  Just a smidgen of rain. They calling for a lot of rain tomorrow on Monday 80% and again on Tuesday 

Hey Fish, did you see any of that Sahara sand that was supposed to blow your way?  Read a big article on it and climate change wasn't mentioned once.  I figured it must be true.

I have seen the Sahara sands thing happen here in the past , it seems to happen often.  It was a bit foggy/ hazy yesterday.  But I been out the local weather  news loop and did not know it was going on till you mentioned it. 

I am just thinking , about what you are saying , the wind was blowing out the west yesterday.  The Sahara is in the east.  Maybe it was the upper atmos’ / jet stream that was blowing this way. 

That's what i show fish.... It's being carried via the jet stream..... Only forcast i could find was expected to hit Texas next week... But it's mixed situation .... this rich nutrient laden dust does help.. But then again it's got it's bad side gotta take the bad with the good. 

• Like 1

From watching the discovery shows , they say that only as little as 10% of the past's civilization have been discovered under the sands of Africa --- with the LIDAR technology they have now , they  can locate structures under the sands ------- maybe a good wind will clean  out the sands like a Hoover and they find the " Mother Ship " >>>> 

• Like 3

Wow --- Lunar'vention Rio De Janeiro

image.png

After three years of trying, Brazilian photographer Leonardo Sens finally was able to capture his much anticipated shot of Christ the Redeemer 'holding' the Moon in Rio de Janeiro. The viral image was captured Sunday morning from the city of Niterói, almost seven miles away from where the statue is located.
Sens, who has been taking pictures around the Rio de Janeiro area since 2005, revealed that he had prepared himself for the astonishing shot by studying the Moon's position.
He explained he already knew the time of year that the Moon aligned with the concrete and soapstone monument - by far the country's main tourist attraction.
Sens used different applications to help him find 'the times and the exact date' that the moon would be positioned directly above Christ the Redeemer.
He told online news portal Itatiaia he had purchased a new set of lens two years ago in hopes of being able to take 'closer photos of the moon and the sun.'
Watch this video right away and you'll thank me later
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well he did creat a sence of humor too.... You'd have to have one living on this crazy a-- rock..... Rofl!!! 

So; what is causing the haze over ky, using louisville weather, that was sunday?, july 16th, 2023,,  not canada this time i think. then come El Nino, weather, where it gets hotter than normal, been through that many times, but a field day for the climate change people. i can just see em smiling. not looking forward to it being hotter then normal, but better then being colder then normal. once i was younger, an could stand above 100f temps., a bit. even walk barefoot on blacktop when it was 98f., not anymore.. i could even put out a cigarette, bare foot. those days have long passed. Oh Well!!

Humidty ... With all that rain and hot weather.. It's steamy humidty ... It's been the same here... Not much wind blowing... It's been a while sence I've seen it as thick as it's been... We have a air quality alert going... Hopkinsville does too as of right now (11:03:35 PM)

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Humidty ... With all that rain and hot weather.. It's steamy humidty ... It's been the same here... Not much wind blowing... It's been a while sence I've seen it as thick as it's been... We have a air quality alert going... Hopkinsville does too as of right now (11:03:35 PM)

It sure has been bad here dew points are oppressive 75-79 sweat sitting in the shade.

Edited by riverc
  • Like 1

Ya...... It's not as bad here as I've seen in the last where you could just walk outside... And it's not much less then walking into a steam room.... Just hits ya like a blast furness... Don't mind at all sweating while working....the heck with just standing in one place cooking... @ 11:14 PM...... Dew point is 71.0°f still steamy out.... 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

It has been hot , yesterday I went to the store , the thermometer in my truck was at 100 F 

• Like 1

Set my alarm for 6 today, planning on removing radiator from my Deere tractor to go in for a cleanout.  The guy who runs the radiator shop is getting up there in years and has cut back his hours, so I figure I should get the tractor radiator rebuilt/rodded out while he's still working.  Looked and it was 80 degrees here at 6AM this morning.  I reset my alarm and went back to sleep for another hour.

High of 97 today and tomorrow. Supposed to cool off a bit this weekend.  Highs in the 80's, lows in the upper 60's.

Heat index yesterday afternoon when I left work was 113 degrees.

New Orleans Airport was 92 before daylight , Slidell Airport was 85 --- going to 98 today ----

Arizona been 110f and up  everyday for the last 10 days in a row 

17 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

New Orleans Airport was 92 before daylight , Slidell Airport was 85 --- going to 98 today ----

Arizona been 110f and up  everyday for the last 10 days in a row 

Sure is hot & muggy here. I lived in Florence AZ. Will take that 110 degrees lower humidity & dew point than the sauna feel we get lol.

Rain rain and more rain.......here.... Temps have finally broke... But these northwestern storms are predicted to continue were 5.13 total for th month...which i think is off a tad.... Right now it's coming down About .12 in/h ..... As for damage... Few trees across the roads one house fire due to a direct hit... No other word about that... Fish i recon dons now tropical  Depression ? Being it doesn't have a highlighted area (warning, or watch) Your the expert... Here's some info off that site i posted in the other area...at least it headed back out hopefully will stay out till a complete threat from it is diminished.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Still hot as heck here.  Supposed to be a chance of rain tomorrow, with highs dropping back into the mid 80's. 

• Like 2

Canceled my appointment after seeing whats coming in..... Flood warning just issued.... Servere thunderstorms coming in with this system.... Watches and warnings keep expanding in middle tn... 

Hunker down.  We dry again over here.  Chance of rain tomorrow.

Hope you just get a shower!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Flood warning just issued.... Servere thunderstorms coming in .... Watches and warnings keep expanding ... 

Down here we would  say "it  is about to  get real " 

• Like 1

Man alive!! Got all kinds of alarms going off ..... So many i can't keep up... I think I'd been better off going to my appointment.. Lol.... This is becoming more aggravating then the actual storms haha! 

I just got back from a one week fishing trip about 80 miles into Canada. Gorgeous weather. Days to low 70's, evenings to 50. Can't beat it this time of year.

IMG_20230717_164719193_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230714_100549140_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230713_111311487_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230720_095400962_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 5