Melatv

Weather

All they forecasted for us was overcast.... Can't say i heard anything about a layer of smoke ...... But if it's not actually wild fires.. Or hazardous weather... I'm not too alarmed... It's just smoke... Just hope whatever is causing it isn't bad or life threatening .... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 56Sierra said:

For a while there I thought I was north of the Arctic Circle.  If it wasn't for the smoke from the wildfires we'd be having beautiful nights for the telescope.

PXL_20230605_025541800.NIGHT.jpg

Ill be glad when you start posting those great telescope images again.... 

Yellowstone VEI 8 volcano blast :   ----  " Crack'a'tolla east of Java ,  molten hot lava " ---  the B-52s ??? 

I think I'll take my chances on hurricanes 

5 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Yellowstone VEI 8 volcano blast :   ----  " Crack'a'tolla east of Java ,  molten hot lava " ---  the B-52s ??? 

I think I'll take my chances on hurricanes 

Better stock up on salt to preserve meat and chlorine to kill bacteria in water.  Oh, and ammo cause this will make the Zombie Appocolypse looks like a Cub Scout meeting.

• Like 1

Update ..... As of yesterday afternoon the web site https://ialert.com/ went down, if any of you use that site and got this message (screen shot) it was the site.... From about 4 PM CDT yesterday afternoon till about 6 am this morning...... I contacted mark (site technician) glad to say it's back up and running again. Looks like just in time...... For some of us, if any of you ever youget that message... Send me a PM email, or text (for those that have my contact. information, big thanks to mark (Ialert.com site tech) for quick action. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

We are enjoying a beautiful slow spring warm up.  Rain almost every day. Beautiful blue skies and sunshine till about 1 or 2 in the afternoon  then a drizzle turning into a down pour. Got about 1¾inches  on Thursday,  keeping everything beautiful and green. 

20230528_191726.jpg

20230603_150219.jpg

20230603_150817.jpg

20230603_160326.jpg

• Like 6

Wow ,we got a month of rain in one night , for a couple of hours last night I was getting weather alerts for flash floods and high winds on my phone and the TV  , I could hear the thunder off in the distance , then it hit and it was brutal ----  shouldn't complain we needed some rain 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Wow ,we got a month of rain in one night , for a couple of hours last night I was getting weather alerts for flash floods and high winds on my phone and the TV  , I could hear the thunder off in the distance , then it hit and it was brutal ----  shouldn't complain we needed some rain 

We had a 1/4 last week not enough but better than none. The storms keep tracking either N or S of us sounds like we could get some this week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, riverc said:

We had a 1/4 last week not enough but better than none. The storms keep tracking either N or S of us sounds like we could get some this week.

Looking at the radar , I would have thought you got hammered , it came from the NW of us and moved SE, most went just north of us 

• Like 2

Glad yaw got that much needed rain, but it doesn't get that dry down yonder that often does it ? We kinda need a break from the wet stuff up this way..... I believe it's a massive low pressure system... The bar is steady at 29.09 ..... Has been for about 24 hours (-+) now it's overcast...but the row crops are soaking all this up... It's just as green as can be... Minus side... A bumper crop will effect prices, and the plus side ? Yay (sarcastically speaking)  more corn for ethanol gas..... Sigh.... 

• Like 2

yesterday morning I heard a sound coming thru the woods , it was like some kind of electrical buzz , I called it a Tesla coil sound ,  lasted 5-10 seconds three times , the electricity went out for 6.5 hours ,  I was running a generator ,   I assisted the power crew , they had no idea what happened , they were riding the neighborhoods trying to figure out what it was , I told them what I heard and they started working in the woods where the power lines come from ,   so it came back on around 6:00 yesterday ,  , woke up last might around 12:30 and the power was out again , got the generator going again  as I thought it would be after daylight before it came back on ,  but after an hour it is back  

• Like 1

Limbs brushing the power lines ? It's happened here a few times ..... Hey you recall when i was following that tree trimming service ( collecting the limbs for free firewood ?) sub contracted out to clear limbs / trees back from the power lines here ? Well, before they came along it happened often.... Now, not so much any longer, but you could sure tell when the wind was blowing before they cleared all that out...lights flickered quiet often.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

yesterday morning I heard a sound coming thru the woods , it was like some kind of electrical buzz , I called it a Tesla coil sound ,  lasted 5-10 seconds three times , the electricity went out for 6.5 hours ,  I was running a generator ,   I assisted the power crew , they had no idea what happened , they were riding the neighborhoods trying to figure out what it was , I told them what I heard and they started working in the woods where the power lines come from ,   so it came back on around 6:00 yesterday ,  , woke up last might around 12:30 and the power was out again , got the generator going again  as I thought it would be after daylight before it came back on ,  but after an hour it is back  

It's called a 3-shot the Reclosure is set that way. When we worked hot lines the power company always set Reclosure on 1- shot to somewhat protect us 1-shot and it's out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had just over an inch of rain last night. Well I'm going fishing this morning naybe the catfish will be biting.

Hm...... I just been looking over the weather station histoty..... I don't recall a low pressure system being so close to stationery... Over tn, least not without the severe weather that most times accompanies those lows... I figure ... Bout 5 or 6 days straight...... Not that i dont miss the severe weather...it's just not normal...within a pressure range of 29.00-29.14 

• Like 1

We haven't pushed the wether channel up.... Lately ..... For us... Plumb dangerous heat wave is what we have going on .....or they've been saying... Doesn't seem too hot to me just yet 10:46 .... 83.6 index 87 ...... Do show rain headed down from the north... Could make for interesting weather the next few days, just reported ... Severe weather just crossing the Kentucky tenn state line... 

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

We haven't pushed the wether channel up.... Lately ..... For us... Plumb dangerous heat wave is what we have going on .....or they've been saying... Doesn't seem too hot to me just yet 10:46 .... 83.6 index 87 ...... Do show rain headed down from the north... Could make for interesting weather the next few days, just reported ... Severe weather just crossing the Kentucky tenn state line... 

It's hot here in Louisiana cut 2 trees that fell across my 4-wheeler road in the woods yesterday from the storm Monday and man did I work up a sweat was soaked lol.

• Like 2

Heat index yesterday was in the high 100 and  teens , weatherman  said right at 120

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Heat index yesterday was in the high 100 and  teens , weatherman  said right at 120

In the woods it felt like 120 lol. Today is weeding the garden won't be no better may wait till 4 to start can get some partial shade.

• Like 1

We lucked out so far no severe weather or heat wave.... Just yet, but trend is reminding me of a few drought years ..... Storms back build over night during the cooler times and plays out during the heat of the day, but a drought now won't do that much damage, yet again it's still not needed or wanted... I been saying we're due... So a taste wouldn't surprise me.... Curious as to what the 4th will be like... My niece gave me a recipe ... I think is going to be good... I might make it today... If not i will be posting it in the forums / Fish's food thread. 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2023 at 4:52 PM, Fishfiles said:

image.png

dont i know it.

• Like 1

we had another close call..... Thankfully this front.... Was more show then green teeth .... More moisture we don't really need right now.... Today fog thick as pea soup.... One very quiet Sunday morning ... Dupidnt have the flooding they forecasted n MTEARS did go active for a short time .... There was a spotter just a few south of the  tn ala state line was talking about flooding around the miss ala state line upwards close to the tn state line... Nothing much changed in the atmospheric pressure, n no wid to speek of 7 mph adverage top speed......looks as tho there might be another chance coming from the upper west... 

image.jpg

• Like 1