Melatv

Weather

37 minutes ago, riverc said:

Wilson, you making me jealous posting that news. We need rain bad here grass dying, farmers crops and gardens struggling. We cut grass Sunday in a cloud of dust its so dry.

Same here.  Got .3 yesterday, first time we've had rain in a long while.

Meanwhile, an hour north they got 3+ inches yesterday.

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2023 at 11:41 PM, Fishfiles said:

As far as fishing goes , if you live east of the Mississippi  River , the saying goes  ,  " If the wind is out the west , stay home and rest , if the wind is out the east , heat up the grease " 

LOL.  I was always taught "When the wind's from the west, the fish bite best, when the wind's from the east, the fish bite least."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riverc said:

Wilson, you making me jealous posting that news. We need rain bad here grass dying, farmers crops and gardens struggling. We cut grass Sunday in a cloud of dust its so dry.

You know.... I never thought about this really very much... But i have to say the reports and just plain friendly talk about the weather on this thread alone. .. Is better then any other weather site or news etc etc... For exact imformation on current weather conditions from each members location... It took me along time to convince my younger sister... Don't completely take the weather forcasted for your location by some media outlet 500 miles away going by instruments alone >>> Seriously !! Your best to pay attention to those live on scene reports or from people who live where it's happening.. Or if your so addicted like my desease is..... Lol! Get involed in ham... Haha!! I won't post her response ..... Sigh.. 

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

LOL.  I was always taught "When the wind's from the west, the fish bite best, when the wind's from the east, the fish bite least."

Down here >>> Depends on what side the river you are on ,  a west wind on the east side blows all the water out , so it is dirty and low , and on the east side , with a easterly wind , it is clean fresh water and high tide , along with blowing fish in with the water 

• Like 1

Yep, been over 100 here every day for a week, and we are DRY.

Meanwhile, an hour or so north of us have had record rainfall this summer.  One of the other satellite offices up there got flooded and have 1/2 the building shut down.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Purdy slick way of helping cool patrons off, plus drawing more buiness in..... Hey it's hot out, i bet shades really enjoying this weather....hey @Freedomflyer.. I bet that vacation envite to a certain couple members here  ain't looking so bad now.......lol!  Boy i can recall those hot days when you open a hood on a combine or stand next to an engine that's just been turned off.... And have to deal with that heat plus the regular outside temps.... And I've been seeing more and more spiders... Garden spiders... This might be an old wives tale, but the webs are high this season, I'd have to look it up, but some older people can gauge the in coming weather by how high they build there webs... I think there's also one about the wooly bear worm .... Hope this Link works.... I've always liked garden spiders.... Just a beautiful critter.... I know Stacy and dale got surprised one time haha! Hm and Halloween is coming up .... Which reminds me...of plans i spoke of... 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Well, as a matter of fact a certain member from Northern Minnesota is here right now,  heading out on a ride tomorrow. Going to be a great day, had a nice refreshing cooling rain this evening, 62° right now, supposed to be 53° tomorrow morning at 7, then slowly warm up to high 70's low 80s, then back down to 55° tomorrow night. 

PROV is the only one whose taken me up on my offer. Had a great time last year, so came back for more.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Freedomflyer said:

Well, as a matter of fact a certain member from Northern Minnesota is here right now,  heading out on a ride tomorrow. Going to be a great day, had a nice refreshing cooling rain this evening, 62° right now, supposed to be 53° tomorrow morning at 7, then slowly warm up to high 70's low 80s, then back down to 55° tomorrow night. 

PROV is the only one whose taken me up on my offer. Had a great time last year, so came back for more.

You guys have fun and share the pictures.  We always enjoy them.

• Like 1

Over the last few weeks I've been like sime of y'all tuned in to the weather... Whether it's been overly hot, severe or  flooding.... For us we had a tad bit of rain... I hope those that desperately need it got some... Anyways i caught this... On the front page of noaa .... I got to thinking... What's there angle ... Because they have to have one... This looks like an attempt to gain favor for the up coming elections ... Now.... A friend here said trumps crimminal whatever it might be ? (I don't see one at all and even if so he's still got my vote) doesn't seem to be doing anything like what the left wants, but does look to be making his popularity go up....plus plus!! This game off the Cali coast isn't fooling anyone... Just another left turn among so many to some how gain sniffing biden and cameltoejam ....popularity .. I'd like to know what you fellahs think of this plot... 

image.jpg

it was 107 yesterday here in Lacombe/ Slidell  and 108 the day before , we got rain yesterday  it was violent , hail the size of marbles and high winds 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

it was 107 yesterday here in Lacombe/ Slidell  and 108 the day before , we got rain yesterday  it was violent , hail the size of marbles and high winds 

We got hammered here Saturday night, about 2.5 inches of desperately needed rain.  Was 106 here Saturday.  I took the kid to the pool and it was too hot to swim.  Water was hot and the concrete, diving board, and ladders were too hot to touch even with me pouring bucket after bucket of water on them. 

FINALLY some relief.  Supposed to be upper 80's here all week.

Got this big limb down in my yard Saturday night.

4937523D-6D96-4918-AB94-6E4DDDC329A2.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Glad yaw got some rain, i told Bcs i didn't know if any from the front that blew in on us from up north would help any other people or not... Just glad it did.... We to are breathing easy to now... 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

We had sprinkles here the storms either go around us north or south.Got my fingers crossed we can get some well needed rain minus the high winds & hail today.

• Like 2

Today is the 18th  anniversary of Hurricane Katrina  and Idalia is heading for Florida and they say it  should be a Cat3 when it hits the bank 

We got a lot of rain last night 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Today is the 18th  anniversary of Hurricane Katrina  and Idalia is heading for Florida and they say it  should be a Cat3 when it hits the bank 

We got a lot of rain last night 

! y'all getting some rain sure wish we can get some today. I need to get the garden tilled, ground is  so hard might bend the tines lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We got hammered with the rain this evening , temp is 79 this evening , nice 

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

dont think for a minute, that a gov., cant influence the weather, an would, if it benefits them. seeding clouds is primitive, compared to what is possible in these times.

• Like 1

55°F @ 5:22 ......very pleasant, and a break from the hot weather... Temps are just about right for this time of the season...thankfully those (some) are getting the much needed rain... River...do they have y'all on water restrictions yet ? Or is it not that severe ? 

• Like 1

Wilson, Not yet on water but have burn ban. Still waiting for a good rain, had a shower but not nearly what we need

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, riverc said:

Not yet on water but have burn ban. Still waiting for a good rain, had a shower but not nearly what we need

It rained 3 times in the last 4 days for us , so yesterday I was burning all day , pine straw , leaves and some limbs that fell on their own and some I cut , I thought the burn ban was over cause the ground here is wet  , apparently not as the firetruck rolled into the neighborhood yesterday with lights on and went to a neighbors house down the road , they never cane here , but at the time it was burning good with no smoke , in the morning when I first lite up it was wet and smoking heavy 

Hope you get some rain soon 

12 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

It rained 3 times in the last 4 days for us , so yesterday I was burning all day , pine straw , leaves and some limbs that fell on their own and some I cut , I thought the burn ban was over cause the ground here is wet  , apparently not as the firetruck rolled into the neighborhood yesterday with lights on and went to a neighbors house down the road , they never cane here , but at the time it was burning good with no smoke , in the morning when I first lite up it was wet and smoking heavy 

Hope you get some rain soon 

They had a grass fire yesterday in St. Landry Parish close to 190 highway that's not too far from me. Stepped out this morning it's 68 feels good not all muggy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1