Melatv

Weather

We had some sideways rain hit yesterday. Just about a white out it was falling so hard.

• Like 1

hot an dry for the most part.

thanks for getting back to reality fish. guess i lost my way.

Edited by LedFTed

how's the weather in New York City? hot some, waiting for another heat wave.

Edited by LedFTed
none

Hurricane Party is quieting down , the weather people  are saying the storm  will be past us about 3AM Monday morning  , we have not seen too much , a few hard rains for a short time , constant drizzle , winds not too bad , maybe 20 was the most so far , almost dead calm at the moment , comes in waves ---- I ought to go take a ride to the bayou and see what kind of tidal surge we have going on , this storm just so happen to be in-sink with high tide , and they are calling for  4 ft over norms 

8 hours ago, LedFTed said:

my niece, got burned , while trying to let her boy friend make meth.

i would have been intervening ....... on that deal. .... actually i would have beat  his a-- !! and hers too.... or just plain called the cops...this is why we have a problem in this country ... elders just turn a blind eye. my two nieces also took a turn, and, it wasn't drugs ...it was theft .... there mom, and myself put a stop that mess! plus a couple days in Juvenal lock up... both are real good young ladies now,  one has a new baby ...and married to a good guy... the other has 3, 2 twins , and one boy, also happily married.

We survived our first storm of the season , we really lucked out , the red radar bands  went right north of  us , we got hit with one good one , winds might have been 40-50mph for 1/2 hour ----lots of flooding in the un-leveed fishing villages , Bayou Lacombe went over it's banks 

glad y'all came though all good.... the storm  is sure to make it's way up east ... the bar pressure has already diped from 30.00 from last night to 29.90 .... and a temp drop from 90 last night to 70.... with complete cloud cover so we'll probably be dealing flooding in a few days .. 

• Sad 1

Everything is so fresh and clean after a rain , except the scum line where the water level was , LOL 

• Haha 1

it'll be another muddy mess here,  just got done mowing what little i had left to cut... so bring on the rain!!!  lol! 

Just started raining here from Fish's storm.  Supposed to rain all day today, then ease up tomorrow afternoon.  Farmers aren't happy. LOL

We got a frog floater here Friday afternoon too.  Came out of nowhere, Torrential downpour.  BUT WAIT, there's more!  Hail.  I replaced our roof about 4 years ago and paid for it out of pocket, and NOW we get hail. 

Don't think it was enough to do any damage, but hail around here is pretty rare. 

• Like 1

We were on the west side of the storm,we got very little rain and wind.  

• Like 1

i just ham (MTEARS) traffic, we're suppose to get some pretty bad storms .... including tornatic weather .... it's good to have you guys living in LA ... best on eye whiteness reports ... of the hurricanes ... not joking around ... i do feel for those who live way down south ... and along the east caost and face the blunt of those storms .. 

• Like 1

I thought it was suppose to be over for us at 3 am this morning  , there is much more rain and  wind today then yesterday and last night 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

We survived our first storm of the season , we really lucked out , the red radar bands  went right north of  us , we got hit with one good one , winds might have been 40-50mph for 1/2 hour ----lots of flooding in the un-leveed fishing villages , Bayou Lacombe went over it's banks 

Last Thursday and Friday nights we had a couple of impressive T-storms roll thru, 65-70 MPH winds. 1" of rain total. some small limbs down, no real damage on the place,  These storms only lasted about 30-40 min. and were gone, Typical for us. The next day we were 95 with 85% humidity. every day sine then we have had winds 25+ with temps in the 90's, and high humidity. Flash flood watch tonight. Live on a hill flooding no worries. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I thought it was suppose to be over for us at 3 am this morning  , there is much more rain and  wind today then yesterday and last night 

Man we got lucky on this one on and off sunshine today.One small shower passed through around 3 pm that's it,rode my 4 wheeler road today,low spots were dry no trees down had one small limb on the road.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2020 at 8:31 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

i would have been intervening ....... on that deal. .... actually i would have beat  his a-- !! and hers too.... or just plain called the cops...this is why we have a problem in this country ... elders just turn a blind eye. my two nieces also took a turn, and, it wasn't drugs ...it was theft .... there mom, and myself put a stop that mess! plus a couple days in Juvenal lock up... both are real good young ladies now,  one has a new baby ...and married to a good guy... the other has 3, 2 twins , and one boy, also happily married.

you have to know about that deal, before you intervene. the parents, my siblings, should also pay more attention. my hands are tied, as the parents, want to be in charge., unjustly so, but that is the way it is.

high winds today, the trees were swaying, missed the rains predicted. supposedly going back to the f60s, during the day, next week.

wish in one hand, spit? in another, see which comes true.

my niece was bout 30, dont know about her boyfriend. i would be the one getting locked up.  lets just say, their source dried up for some unexpected reason, so they got to making it on their own. a good day turned to a different bad day.

the road is paved with good intentions. so it goes. 

Edited by LedFTed

We got a lot of heavy rain yesterday morning , and it is a bit cooler this morning , the weather has been like a box of chocolate lately , you never know what you going to get 

• Like 1

i stand corrected where i posted the weather, mostly in the 80s, with lows in the 50s. if the weather is like a box chocolate, i like dark chocolate, but have a sunny disposition. lol

4 hours ago, LedFTed said:

you have to know about that deal

a parent who would allow there child to tamper with drugs .... is not a parent ! if intervention (help) is not wanted then imform the law ... that's much better then to see them COMPLETELY waist there lives... or even worse .. end loosing there lives! 

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

We got a lot of heavy rain yesterday morning , and it is a bit cooler this morning , the weather has been like a box of chocolate lately , you never know what you going to get 

Got lucky again no rain at my place,but 9 miles up the road New Roads got it.And yes on weather if those Dewpoints could just stay like this till fall I would be very happy.

• Like 1

We got over 2 1/2" of rain yesterday late afternoon.  It was 88 at 4 and by 5:30 it was 68.  Pretty severe storm, Michigan had over 340,000 power out last night.  We were lucky, gotta head back in the woods to check for downed trees and drain pipes.

• Like 2

been just plain pleasant here     63 over night ... 71 .... after a couple days of very humid 9! degree days.... I'll take 63 a 70 all year long ... just add a slight, breeze ... lol 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

been just plain pleasant here     63 over night ... 71 .... after a couple days of very humid 9! degree days.... I'll take 63 a 70 all year long ... just add a slight, breeze ... lol 

you have had enough crappy weather the past few months, about time for some good...

• Like 1