Melatv

Weather

I HATE wasps.  Pole barn on the farm is full of them, and with all the old crap I have I find myself dealing with them much more often than I'd like.

I use permethrin around the patio for mosquitoes.  Doesn't work worth a crap, but the wife seems to think it does so I spray it to keep her calm.

Probably just spray water next time.  That permethrin is pricey LOL

59 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

I HATE wasps.  Pole barn on the farm is full of them, and with all the old crap I have I find myself dealing with them much more often than I'd like.

I use permethrin around the patio for mosquitoes.  Doesn't work worth a crap, but the wife seems to think it does so I spray it to keep her calm.

Try putting the soap water and permethrin mix in a pump sprayer and dousing their homes. The places in your barn where they make nests will not be attractive to them for the entire season if it is out of the direct weather. Even if not direct spray on the wasp the soap helps liquid spread and cover fully.

Permethrin in the most concentrated form is the cheapest. If you are buying the 10% it is expensive but go to farm store and get the concentrate. One big ~$30 bottle has lasted me for a few years and I have also given some of it away.

We live in the woods basically and used to have TERRIBLE issues with them on the porches and in the sheds. I have no wasp problem today.

Edit: The stuff you get should not be clear or it isn't strong enough IME

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

ive used it never had any luck ether ... i know for a fact hot water and plain dawn soap will take care of wasp.. neighbor Dave 1st using permethrin 5 years back, and now ... (last season) didnt have any luck .. probobly cause the potency has been tuned  down some. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 11:45 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

ive used it never had any luck ether ... i know for a fact hot water and plain dawn soap will take care of wasp.. neighbor Dave 1st using permethrin 5 years back, and now ... (last season) didnt have any luck .. probobly cause the potency has been tuned  down some. 

i thought the permethrin was weaker as well. just a side though, has anyone tried bleach? i put bleach in an ol paint roller pan. the pan was rusty, and was gonna put ammonia, on the other tunnel, my nephew talked me out of it. the wind would have the fumes meet in the tunnel, i wasnt gonna put that much ammonia in the other tunnel, but ya never know how much is too much. least i find that with budweiser. 😄😁😁

Edited by LedFTed
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LedFTed said:

i thought the permethrin was weaker as well. just a side though, has anyone tried bleach?

I get the permethrin from a guy that installs systems , I seen the 1.5 gallon container it comes in , there is a percentage on the container , can't remember what it is , I am almost out and need to see him again , will try and remember to ask about what percentages he uses now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I get the permethrin from a guy that installs systems , I seen the 1.5 gallon container it comes in , there is a percentage on the container , can't remember what it is , I am almost out and need to see him again , will try and remember to ask about what percentages he uses now 

that % sold in wally world, for clothes, aint as good. i'll have to buy it from a trusted dealer, an mix it myself. 😁

Beautiful day for a ride yesterday. 

Lots of beers , followed by a Razorback win, followed by more beer and bar food. 

D15AA1FF-2D79-43A4-99F3-B203D92632B6.jpeg

257A532E-31E3-4989-BF8D-03E69D80821E.jpeg

DDC130F2-8D41-4AD2-B838-8DABA4781343.jpeg

214728EB-38B7-4C45-B0BC-F1C39AB32C6B.jpeg

• Like 4

We got 4" of snow yesterday and 28 degrees last night. No wasps here.😁

• Like 2

beautiful .... but I'm sure not looking for the temps that come along ... 

fish has those short winters ... those, I'd like to have up my way... lol! 

• Confused 1

I'm not complaining at all. No bugs, no sweating standing still and very little humidity. I would be a happy man if it never got above 70 degrees. If it's 20 degrees and little or no wind we consider it a nice day to fish on the ice without a shelter. My buddy in the picture is a furnace. I have to have sleeves.

IMG_20200106_145104933.jpg

• Haha 1

if ya can have the right padding, shorts an sleeved shirts are called for. sure has a nice mess of fish. 😁

16 hours ago, PROV said:

I'm not complaining at all. No bugs, no sweating standing still and very little humidity. I would be a happy man if it never got above 70 degrees. If it's 20 degrees and little or no wind we consider it a nice day to fish on the ice without a shelter. My buddy in the picture is a furnace. I have to have sleeves.

well...... I'll agree on the no bugs, and well sweating is good for you, least thats what I've always heard .. but y'all are up there in Minnesota ... down here .... we ain't used to 20... minus temps ... now .... 70 plus would perfect all year long... for me, even a tad warmer would be godd, with low humidity.  

• Like 1

just wet here. temps in the 60's during the day, 40's  at night. had a nice lightning storm., last night, with the rain.. the flashes that were close, were yellow.

so ever often, i would twitch to a strike. jump, outta my skin.., so to speak.

storm went over though. somewhere else. they can have at it.

Edited by LedFTed

Got another 4" of snow so far today and it's gonna go until about 1am. Then they are saying another 4"-8" on Thursday. Gonna make for an interesting week of hunting. We got good food, whiskey and a hot sauna so should be fine. My Zilla tires really shine in this crap.

sounds like y'all have it all planned .. temps have mild here, adverage 50-80 ... we seem to be in a dry out spell, and the smoke from out west is still rolling in. 

Heading to the hunting shack for another six days. Got another 3" of snow yesterday but it's wet and settled quite a bit. Haven't plowed yet. Just packing it down over the gravel for a base. 30's during the day, high 20's at night. Haven't seen a bug in three weeks.😁

Edited by PROV
  • Like 2

the wife called me yesterday around 4pm to suggest we not waste the 79 degree day..and that she would be getting off at 6...I turned my computer off at 5 and rushed out back..hitched up the boat and had it on the water by 5:35...did some tooling around as i waited for her..she had one of the grandaughters in tow..the sunset lit the sky on fire...firesky.jpeg

• Like 3

Supposed to rain here this afternoon, and turn colder.  Highs in the mid-low 60's for the next week.  Was in the low 80's the last few days.

it's been that way for a few days now around here,  the 80,s  looks like the weather is gaining strenght as moves further west...not a touch of frost yet, which is strange for this time of year. 

Cold here tonight, this might be the last nice weekend this year, cold temps to arrive next week.....

• Like 1

Short pants , tee shirt , Crocks no sock , a/c set at 73 --- rained today 

looks like the storm front is just about here, and has indeed gained some strength ... so we shall see how much of a punch this one has in store. it's been drying out for a while, so a bit of wet weather would help keep an ease on grass, and woodland fires ...