mrbb

critter pictures and ?

52 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Possums are cool.  Saw one on the farm the other day with the little one with me.  Told her to tell her mama we need a pet possum.

Funny possum story , lady at the flea market Karen's husband is a nuisance animal catcher , so every year he had a booth at the Lacombe Crab Festival ,  where he has captured animals for the kids to pet ,  so a few years back we were talking with him while he was holding a baby possum , the Fest was very crowded , the possum bite him on the wrist and  was holding on and not letting go, he had his arm out and the possum was hanging , he was bleeding bad , the possum let go and fell to the ground and started running off , this woman  took off screaming and running thru the crowd knocking people over , very funny stuff ----

I seen almost the same thing happen one Mardi Gras at the Famous Door on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter ,  that time  it was a snake around a guys neck , this woman was standing next to the snake for minutes till she realized it , she took off for the door , she was 300 plus pounds , she knocked people down running across the dance floor , she went and got the police , they never did the guy any thing 

• Haha 2

Montana Man Kills Black Bear in His Living Room After it Broke in Through a Window

Tom Bolkcom used a 10mm handgun to bring down the 250- to 300-pound br

image.png

• Haha 1

I'd hate to....but ina chevy second.... 

My little sister and husband todd .... Told me they had a fox.... Stealing chickens .... Over three family living next door had all in all 18 chickens gone... I had asked when we could catch up... Could i get some more farm raised eggs well ^^^^ was the answer... She's got one chicken out of eight left..wasn't exact,y sure what happened 1st off sep 2 chickens disappeared in one night... Todd put his trail cam up... Snagged the critter... Purdy good size fox.... Up in my area they don't get near the size of this one, but he's been eating good... She did (topical female) she didnt want it killed but rather snagged in a live trap / moved..... she said it just ignores the bait... Which she said was chicken breast, tuna fish, pork chops, and think ground beef... He won't touch it... Told me she's seen him just walk up... And look in.. Then go... Told her he's been eating too good, let him get hungry he'll go for the bait sooner or later less hes got another place that feeds him good as y'all have been... Lol! There out of chickens n me out of farm raised eggs..... I won't raise chickens....lol! You'd have better luck convincing shade the color yellow is okay..... And that's not going to happen ether..... 

image.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Well first of all I wouldn't have filmed it.  That's just asking for trouble.

I probably would have shot once next to it, see if it would scare it away.  If it didn't run off, mag dump into it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Well first of all I wouldn't have filmed it.  That's just asking for trouble.

I probably would have shot once next to it, see if it would scare it away.  If it didn't run off, mag dump into it.

That is one way to think of the video as possibly incriminating you , I was thinking it was good that he videoed it , cause they get all over you for shooting one without justified cause ---

Me personally I think he gave the cat " More " than a fair opportunity , cause I would have popped it immediately , there would have been no " shoeeeee cat " from me 

2 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

Yea shoot the dirt in front of it. (1st) ...Spray its face. 

And then look over your shoulder for the rest of the day waiting to become prey.  If the cat approached me that tells me he isn't afraid of humans and sooner or later will kill someone that isn't armed.  Yep, my instinct would have been to protect myself and bury the carcass.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 3:00 PM, 56Sierra said:

And then look over your shoulder for the rest of the day waiting to become prey.  If the cat approached me that tells me he isn't afraid of humans and sooner or later will kill someone that isn't armed.  Yep, my instinct would have been to protect myself and bury the carcass.

Thats why i said '1st'. I am sure i would shoot it if it didnt frig off.😉

• Like 1

70 years ago in Missouri History   Have you ever seen the Springfield city seal and wondered why there is a snake on it? The snake is a call back to an event that occurred seventy years ago. On August 15th, 1953 a Springfield resident killed a strange looking snake, which a local science teacher later determined to be a Indian cobra. Over the next few weeks, there would be more reports of cobras on the loose. Despite the heat, people shut themselves tightly indoors while groups would patrol through town armed primarily with hoes to hunt for cobras. They even affixed a speaker to a truck and played snake charmer music while they followed behind hoping to lure out the reclusive reptile. Ultimately eleven snakes were killed or caught, and by the first freeze in October everyone was able to breathe a little easier knowing the cobras would not survive the cold.

Exotic pet dealer Reo Mowrer was the prime suspect behind the released cobras, however in 1988 it was revealed that a 14 year old boy named Carl Barnett was the culprit. He had worked over the summer collecting black snakes for Mowrer in exchange for an exotic fish, but the fish died shortly after he got it home. When Mowrer refused to compensate him, Barnett decided to get even. He saw a crate of snakes which he had assumed were the black snakes he had caught and set them free, thus unwittingly starting a months-long scare that would be remembered in Springfield history for decades to come.

image.png
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 10:23 AM, Fishfiles said:

70 years ago in Missouri History   Have you ever seen the Springfield city seal and wondered why there is a snake on it? The snake is a call back to an event that occurred seventy years ago. On August 15th, 1953 a Springfield resident killed a strange looking snake, which a local science teacher later determined to be a Indian cobra. Over the next few weeks, there would be more reports of cobras on the loose. Despite the heat, people shut themselves tightly indoors while groups would patrol through town armed primarily with hoes to hunt for cobras. They even affixed a speaker to a truck and played snake charmer music while they followed behind hoping to lure out the reclusive reptile. Ultimately eleven snakes were killed or caught, and by the first freeze in October everyone was able to breathe a little easier knowing the cobras would not survive the cold.

Exotic pet dealer Reo Mowrer was the prime suspect behind the released cobras, however in 1988 it was revealed that a 14 year old boy named Carl Barnett was the culprit. He had worked over the summer collecting black snakes for Mowrer in exchange for an exotic fish, but the fish died shortly after he got it home. When Mowrer refused to compensate him, Barnett decided to get even. He saw a crate of snakes which he had assumed were the black snakes he had caught and set them free, thus unwittingly starting a months-long scare that would be remembered in Springfield history for decades to come.

image.png

YIKES!!!

Was told by a warden a few years ago that pythons are already in south Louisiana! Exotic pets are all over the country being kept by nuts like tiger king. 

• Like 2

A few years back..... Word was going around about a snake so big it was slithering over the top of windrows (hay windrow) some windrows (what i like) are multiplied big enough they rub the tractor oil pans...before getting pulled into the roller and  To have a snake big enough to slither over the top ?! Well I'm no expert, but it had to be big... A few say it was a black snake of some sort, but was never photographed or caught....and we did have a family who were into exotic pets ... Had two tigers, snakes of all kinda and other assorted critters... I never saw any of them in person, but a few did.. And a large number of people didnt like the idea too much especaily when one of those big cats accidentally got loose....  

Been holding back on this story ,  had to go to the ER because of a snake , no he did not bite me , was  pulling out the driveway on the golf cart I see a 4 foot +  long snake at the ditch by the front driveway , so I glance back in the bed of the cart and all I got is what I call a digging madox , so I jump out and I am going to chop him , well he moved right before I swung and I missed , he crossed the ditch and was heading to my neighbors running hard , so I took off after him , caught up took a swing and chopped  a  1/2 foot off his tail  , he kept going and as I was running ( in crocks ) I tripped and went head first , managed to bend my  fingers  back , he made  it to the fence and got into the neighbor's yard , I got up tracked him down and chopped him in two , he was like a cobra , and raised up and was hissing at me , no doubt I already chopped him in two , so I chopped his head off , I went to the ER and they took x-rays and say it is not broke , but severely sprained ,  it happened Friday , couldn't ride this weekend past , couldn't even  cook , we ate Domino's pizza delivery  and doubt I will be able ride this week coming 

• Sad 2

Let us know how the snake tastes after you cook it up. ☺️

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, PROV said:

Let us know how the snake tastes after you cook it up. ☺️

The only snake I ever ate was fried rattlesnake at the Alligator festival and it tasted like chicken , only way I would  clean one and eat it was in survival mode ....  laugh now , but if things keep going like they are ,  you'll might  wish you had snakes up there and wish you had gotten some recipes when you had the chance before the net was shut down and after you'll run out of cats and dogs , LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It has been 17 yeas already since Steve Irwin passed away 

Critter Getter " Crocodile Hunter " Steve Irwin died on this day 17 years ago at the age of 44.image.png