Akunin

Firearms

read today colt is moving their factory from Springfield to Tennessee.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LedFTed said:

read today colt is moving their factory from Springfield to Tennessee.

Close.

Smith and Wesson

Over time most all of them will move to The South.

A lot of anti gun commies in the NE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Close.

Smith and Wesson

Over time most all of them will move to The South.

A lot of anti gun commies in the NE

my berretta came out of tn, made solid, so i think. least tn can do SOMETHING right ?!..lol.

• Like 1

if they can stay away from the big liberal city influence, they'll do ok...woulda been better to see them come down here to south carolina.. i'd be applying for a job...even at a major pay cut!

• Like 1

ton of production in the video.. best part...the first time they show him in his fur coat at the gun counter and he strikes the rapper pose on the "yeah" moment.

not something I can share with family and friends...but wow factor on the production and content he squeezed in there.

• Like 1

watching bongino on rumble. congress is trying to sneak a new gun law in. got all kinds of hidden stuff in it.

• Sad 1

With the new guns laws they are proposing , I would think from what I heard on the news ,  all it would take is  , if they someone called you in as a threat , they can red flag you and take your guns upon investigation , also if you are a medical marijuana user , had domestic issue with the wife or whoever , take anti depressants , or they don't like your political stance ,  etc , etc , then  you can be flagged  and guns confiscated

I forget her name, a Democrat  lady in Congress  , was on today and she said she wouldn't sign any bill against the 2nd , but I am sure there are some Rhinos that will sell out the American people 

• Like 1

It's the Red Flag laws that concern me.  Those could be modified as much as they want.  Did anyone here ever think a day would come when there was such a thing as Hate Speech?  I still know the words to "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."

• Like 1

Red Flag law is about the same as what is going on with social media and the fake news , it is being controlled by people who are using it to push their agenda , like propaganda , lies they tell and don't dare say anything against them  --- red flag laws would be giving the fox the keys to the chicken coup 

• Like 1

We was just talking about red flags and look what popped up here locally , looks like this guy is a red flagger 

killed his wife's cat , guess he stabbed her !-cat  !!! 

Chalmette buy, sell, trade, advertise :

‼️warning, dangerous mentally ill man on the loose in Chalmette‼️
The public is being warned of Mr K Brendon, he was reported missing last week from his home. He is mentally ill and is very dangerous, he walks around with a pocket knife, he used it to kill his wife’s cat a day before he went missing, if anyone sees him please report to the authorities. Warn others.

image.png

Red Flag laws violate the 1st, 2nd, 4th amendment at a minimum.

Complete disregard for due process.

• Like 3

On 6/23/2022 at 2:47 PM, Fishfiles said:

With the new guns laws they are proposing , I would think from what I heard on the news ,  all it would take is  , if they someone called you in as a threat , they can red flag you and take your guns upon investigation , also if you are a medical marijuana user , had domestic issue with the wife or whoever , take anti depressants , or they don't like your political stance ,  etc , etc , then  you can be flagged  and guns confiscated

I forget her name, a Democrat  lady in Congress  , was on today and she said she wouldn't sign any bill against the 2nd , but I am sure there are some Rhinos that will sell out the American people 

Too Many

keeping the thread  "less stale"....grin...I have noticed that since this bill first hit the Senate floor, that the usual neighbors that I'd hear shooting guns in their back yards (we live out in the country a bit)  have gone quiet.  in fact, it was only this past July4th monday that we heard just one person with a handgun caliber rapport shooting somewhere back behind our woods. The rest of the usuals, including myself, have gone quiet.

The thinking is, used to be in the noise disturbed a neighbor, they might call the deputy out, who would then just drop by with a smile and make sure we were shooting safely..they'd see my range setup and say I was quite fine to continue...then they'd have to explain to the frustrated neighbor that I was well within my rights...that the neighbors might shoulda stayed in their suburb city hood.

these days, I'd be more concerned that a neighbor would call and try to toss a red flag accusation.

it's fine...cost of ammo, etc.. I've not been shooting that much anyway..and when I do, I'm fine to make the drive to meet up with some buds at an area outdoor range...good visit time, and no worries about complaints.

my only real backyard (mind you it's like 5 acres back on the property) time this past few months was either checking out a new gun, or testing some new brand of ammo that I wanted to make sure the guns were happy eating.

the days of serious drill work, and hundreds of rounds on a saturday have long ago ended.

• Like 3

Just remember the new law that passed did not implement red flag laws, it merely set aside money for states that want to implement  them.

As usual, uncle sugar promises money to the state governments if they will continue to erode the rights of the citizens, all while their printing press says Brrrrrrrrrt and continues to destroy our currency and economy 

• Like 3

Kamala can't think for herself without going into a giggle fit... so when I see her speech making off the teleprompter, I know there are bigger minds at work.  And this past week they've had her out there pointing her finger and demanding the return to Clinton's AWB.  No surprise that they continue to try and anchor to that.  "we've already done this in the past ... "   she can be heard saying.

Back in those days, I didn't have anything to grandfather clause..so for a decade I was stuck like many folks, unable to add much to my tool box.

I know many today would still find themselves in the same situation. Young families have a lot of things they need to spend money on and firearms/ammo sits way down on the list. So the next AWB will still catch a large part of the younger generations.

Then they just have to wait on old baby boomers to fade into the dust. After that, you simply have to connect the train engine to the box cars.

I'm sure glad I'm not any younger. It's all going to ! as far as I can see. Feel bad for my kids and grandkids.

• Like 1

maybe my perspective is skewed...so I just keep my conversations toned down..in fact, I don't even talk guns, even in family settings.

The kids know I have some, they enjoy time on the range with me and each of my adult kids households have at least a shotgun and a pistol for home/personal defense.

but they much rather have X-box, huge TVs, etc...so that's where their extra money goes...and that's fine.

I don't press the issue at all. 

But I lived through the 1990s AWB, I can see it could come around again and a lot of folks will be clambering for gear just like they did with toilet paper etc.

10 years was a long time on the AWB and we're just lucky that the balance of power at the time helped us get away from it..else we'd still be living under it.

Again, through the years I've been blessed to live in a fairly peaceful and safe area.  In general, my Dad's era pistol should be enough to keep me safe from bad guys.

heck, the one outside of home encounter was resolved with a 5 round capacity pistol, the home defense was solved with an old lever 30/30 while we waited for the cops to arrive.

my reason for my purchases of "high capacity", "military style"  etc  over the past 5-9 or so years have been solely motivated by the mindset of govt and media in power.

I'm not bashful about saying that I want to have the best tools I can to deal with the kind of chaos that I see currently happening in other nations and that has happened on some city streets this past 5 or so years.

wanna tell me  I don't need a weapon of war?..ok...then stop stirring up anarchy in the streets, stop making statements that basically give bad actors the codewords to go out and hurt and loot and burn. Stop releasing the same criminals back onto the streets without monetary fines, etc. Stop allowing thousands of people to cross the river and bring death by drugs, disaster by overwhelming our nation's services,etc.   but as long as they are determined to bring all this to my home.. I intend to be ready to push it away from my front door, from my family.

it's really that simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

Do you reloaders anneal your cases?

Yep but only when I'm converting 223 to 222 or 22 Hornet to 17 HH.

• Like 1

How do you anneal? I bought an Ugly Annealer. 

On un-annealed cases, my friend is getting about 4 firings on belted magnum cases. I thot annealing could extend the use of these cases.

I’m finding that the greater value might instead be in making the cases easier to resize. Is this why you do it?

1 hour ago, Goober said:

How do you anneal? I bought an Ugly Annealer. 

On un-annealed cases, my friend is getting about 4 firings on belted magnum cases. I thot annealing could extend the use of these cases.

I’m finding that the greater value might instead be in making the cases easier to resize. Is this why you do it?

I use an old cordless screwdriver to spin a suitable length and size socket to hold the brass and use the propane torch for heat.  Annealing softens the brass and moving it by resizing or shooting work hardens it.  Trying to find the magic number of shots before annealing is the trick.   Since I have so much brass and shoot mostly lighter loads, annealing for extending brass life hasn't been required yet.

• Like 1

Here’s short video of brass i am practicing on; need to fire the shoulder better.

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

Im Having good luck reloading. Trimming 7mm Rem Mag brass this morning.

I’ve learned that my magnetospeed V3 chronograph changes the bullet point of impact. So i can work up muzzle velocities and relative accuracy, but if i want to sight in—gotta pull the chrono.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Goober said:

Im Having good luck reloading. Trimming 7mm Rem Mag brass this morning.

I’ve learned that my magnetospeed V3 chronograph changes the bullet point of impact. So i can work up muzzle velocities and relative accuracy, but if i want to sight in—gotta pull the chrono.

Interesting, I've never heard of that before.