Jump to content
AKATV

Anyone seen anything in the woods you cant explain?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I figure with as many riders and outdoor folks here theres bound to be a few good stories out there-

 

Not super scary, but was never able to explain -

 

 I was riding in Maine when I lived on east coast when I was about 14 and was out on my TRX 200 heading back toward camp

as it was getting dark. The pine trees were close in on each side of the trail, but far enough apart so you could move right along.

As I came around a corner to a small straight section, the headlight lit up a round white rock about the size of a cannonball

plunking right into the middle of the trail. It was like it was lobbed into the air and I just caught it in the headlight coming down as

I came around the corner landing about 15 feet in front of the bumper. I stopped for a second to look around, thought maybe

it was one of the guys from camp messing with me, as I was one of the younger guys. I squatted down and the rock was about 1/4 the way

stuck in the soft ground, I rolled it off to the side and it was about 25 pounds or so. I hollered for them to come on out but there was no answer.

I waited a few more minutes to see if I could hear or see anything but the pines and brush with the darkness made each side of the trail like a wall

so I couldnt really see anything and couldnt really maneuver the ATV/headlight to see much ( maybe THATS why they put the removable headlight on the Foreman 350D)

It seemed real quiet and I got the "willys" (hair started going up on neck) so I got on out of there and shot back about a mile and half to camp.

Thats was a spooky ride back because I realzed the noise of the motor and tires was obscuring my ability to hear anything around me riding through the tight trail in the dark.I kept looking back over my shoulder, as it was full on dark now and the weird red glow of tailight backlit behind me about 5-6 feet then it was pitch black so that was spooky. I thought something was going to grab me from behind and I just got my self spooked and was going faster and faster coming around corners on two wheels at times and dodging trees

 Nothing more happened on the ride and when I got back to camp everyone was there. I told them what happened and they swore it wasnt them.

We even went back to look the next morning after breakfast and the rock was still there as well as the impression it made. We looked for footprints or signs

but the damp thick pine needles obscured everything. We took the rock back to camp and as far as I know its still there to this day

 

Back then we never thought too much about it, other than weird, but now with all the bigfoot stories going around, who knows....

 

Never had anything weird happen to us out that way again but 6 years after, there was a hunter a about 5 miles from our camp who told my uncle had a big log put across his trail after he came back down trail within 30 minutes of turning around. He could not move it and had to and drive into woods and go around, so that was weird too

 

Anyways that all I got- hope to hear your stories

 

Edited by AKATV
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Well, BOTH things you mentioned are something that has been associated with Sasquatch, seems to happen fairly frequently. I find the whole topic quite interesting. I listen to a podcast called Sasquatch Chronicles, people tell stories of their encounters.

 

I've never really had anything happen to me, even though I spent a lot of time in the woods of northern alberta as a surveyor over a period of about 3 years. I remember on one occasion though I found a horse carcass, probably not too long dead, off the side of a trail near an old abandoned/overgrown air strip, came back about 25mins later and it had vanished, no drag marks or anything obvious, not that I spent too much time looking either. I mentioned it not long after it happened over on HAF, and Macarena Man suggest it was most likely a Grizz. I respect his opinion and that's what I've convinced myself it was. But really........it could have been a bigfoot too lol.

Even more minor than that, I've seen trees with lots of broken branches and ripped off bark from about 8-10ft off the ground. Not really sure what would do that. or why. Suppose a bear could climb it, or a cougar? I'm not sure. There is lots of things I've seen that "I" can't explain, but I suppose that doesn't make them unexplainable haha.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

AKATV , love to hear stories like that , I believe there is something out there , no doubt , I have heard stories Big Feet  like to throw rocks , break limbs and put trees across the trails ---- but I really think you need to quit watching horror flicks , they will mess with your head , I know from experience , I live last house  on a dead end street of woods --- LOL 

 

I got a video off my home surveillance camera , saved onto a stick , at night of  an electro-static orb , that lowers down then hovers about 6 ft off the ground and a lightning looking beam of light slowly extends from it into and right down the trail at the woods , the lightning slowly returns back to the orb and it lifts away , whole deal takes about one minute and thirty seconds ---wish I could load videos 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

i didn't see anything, but i smelled something. was at night i went into the woods. it smelled like a wet coon hound, only different, an stronger. i got cold chill's, an went back up to the house. just thinking about it gives me cold chills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I can explain all of it with one word...”BIGFOOT”

LOL 😂😂😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

AKATV , love to hear stories like that , I believe there is something out there , no doubt , I have heard stories Big Feet  like to throw rocks , break limbs and put trees across the trails ---- but I really think you need to quit watching horror flicks , they will mess with your head , I know from experience , I live last house  on a dead end street of woods --- LOL 

 

I got a video off my home surveillance camera , saved onto a stick , at night of  an electro-static orb , that lowers down then hovers about 6 ft off the ground and a lightning looking beam of light slowly extends from it into and right down the trail at the woods , the lightning slowly returns back to the orb and it lifts away , whole deal takes about one minute and thirty seconds ---wish I could load videos 

I know -while I was driving fast in the dark all freaked out, I had like the Jaws theme, Psycho shower scene music and Halloween movie soundtrack all going in my head  at once

Its funny how your mind can run away like that-but it was scary at the time for me as there was no answer for what happened and then my spidey sense said to bail out of there....

Now if I saw bigfoot, I dont think it would scare me as much as ! me off if I couldnt get a good picture- A good camera seems to keep them away☺️

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I will state this only once - THERE IS NO BIGFOOT. I am not a believer and never will be. Have spent over 40 years rambling and hunting our very remote area. NO tracks, sightings, nobody has pics on our hundreds of game cams. For laughs some friends made Bigfoot feet with a sandcast and silicone with laces embedded. When they find a good muddy trail they strap them on and get the rumors going. To date there has been zero verifiable physical evidence. You believers go on dreaming.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

 

Bigfoot is the master of hide and seek !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Guess the next thing you going to tell me , is dare ain't no LoupGaru , LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

with all the people using cameras in the woods these days.Have never heard of anyone seeing Bigfoot.I see deer,hogs,bear,coyotes.bobcat.fox.racoons,squirrel but no Bigfoot yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
8 hours ago, riverc said:

with all the people using cameras in the woods these days.Have never heard of anyone seeing Bigfoot.I see deer,hogs,bear,coyotes.bobcat.fox.racoons,squirrel but no Bigfoot yet.

You not going to see Big Foot down here in the south , they are called Swamp Apes down here , LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Wow , at 8:40 footage of  big foot taking a dump , they recovered the ! and analyzed it , now that something , LOL 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

There is a large forest that use to be Game lands here, Hoffman Forest. When it was open to the public we would go ride and play in the mud all the time. There were strange lights that you could never get close to. They seemed like the lights you would see on towers but the closer you got, they would vanish.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

oh man! little green men ?? ....  you should read some of fishs theory threads ... (in the old forums) some are hair raising !! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Posted (edited)

Couch monster of Trout Brook caught on camera

IMG_20200604_105011_713.jpg

Edited by TBRider
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 6/7/2020 at 11:42 AM, _Wilson_™ said:

oh man! little green men ?? ....  you should read some of fishs theory threads ... (in the old forums) some are hair raising !! 

I'll have to find them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

We have strange slow moving ,  floating lights in the marsh around here when you are  running the marsh and it is still dark during certain times of the year , I have been told it is like gas seeping from the ground and lighting up from static electricity , pretty freaky sight , I think it is the same thing that people call St Elmo's fire 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Technically not in the woods , on the edge of the woods , my surveillance cameras picked up and recorded an orb of something that looks like electricity or call it a plasma ball , the whole deal took about 2-1 1/2 minutes , it is about 6 -8 ft diameter , it floats slowly down to about 8 ft off the ground and hovers  , a lightning bolt looking things comes out of it very slowly and makes it way to the trail head at the end of the dead end street and goes into the woods , then it slowly retracts back into the orb , which then slowly goes up out the sight of the camera , the street light on the near by pole is flashing high and low as this is happening , it was raining when this happened -----  I think this can be explained , it was something to do with the weather and the cameras , I walked to the front door while this was happening and couldn't see it with the naked eye , must have been something to do with the  infra-red side of the camera and the rain 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Strangest thing I came across in the woods was wayyyyyyy off the beaten path up on an old logging trail, downed trees across the trail what a time we had getting out there. Looked like no one was out there for years. We came across a large hole in the ground, possibly an old house dig out foundation. Around the hole were round stones, all the way around, painted white. And at on end sat a cross, made of stone, painted white. Confused, we were walking around trying to figure out what's up and someone says LOOK AT IT FROM UP HERE! From above, it was plain as day, a set of giant rosary beads around the hole. While that itself was not overly freaky, the fact someone was up there rather recently and made this monument in the middle of the woods was strange. Also found next to the hole was a statue of the virgin Mary, encased in a plastic box. We respectfully smoked a big joint and got the ! out of there. Lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 6/10/2020 at 4:07 AM, Fishfiles said:

Technically not in the woods , on the edge of the woods , my surveillance cameras picked up and recorded an orb of something that looks like electricity or call it a plasma ball , the whole deal took about 2-1 1/2 minutes , it is about 6 -8 ft diameter , it floats slowly down to about 8 ft off the ground and hovers  , a lightning bolt looking things comes out of it very slowly and makes it way to the trail head at the end of the dead end street and goes into the woods , then it slowly retracts back into the orb , which then slowly goes up out the sight of the camera , the street light on the near by pole is flashing high and low as this is happening , it was raining when this happened -----  I think this can be explained , it was something to do with the weather and the cameras , I walked to the front door while this was happening and couldn't see it with the naked eye , must have been something to do with the  infra-red side of the camera and the rain 

Sounds like Ball Lightning but that's viewable with no special equipment. Amazing to see regardless!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

sounds like exactly what my father saw in a hay field as a kid ....  he described it as a ball of light just floating ... and moving very slowly just inches offf the ground .... my uncle also was witness to the same ... strangely on the same exact farm years earlier ... there were no power lines or any source of electricity .... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2020 at 7:00 AM, Fishfiles said:

Wow , at 8:40 footage of  big foot taking a dump , they recovered the ! and analyzed it , now that something , LOL 

 

8 hours an 40 minutes  seems more like a constipated human. LOL

8 mins. and 40 seconds seems about the same.

Edited by LedFTed
if i can, why not, it aint working, no how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...