Melatv

Weather

Alright, Alright, that's enough! Not EVEN funny! View from the job today. 39° right now at 12:30p.m.

20221024_122733.jpg

• Haha 3

Yeah, stop teasing!

I would still take this any day over the flooding a flooding and storms that move in to that area. We at least know what to expect with what we're getting.

• Like 1

Well ... .she has something up her slieve ...... Wind has been steady. Over the last 24 hours.... And with the 1st large (over a acre) brush fire   (Over a mile away) and combined with the wind and falling humidity, we could use some of the wett stuff... Just hope some of the dryer areas in the path also get much needed rain

@ 2 a.m ...... 1st image, then the .morning radar image, followed by the current stats.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We've been getting a light rain/heavy drizzle now for about an hour.  Probably not going to be a lot when measured out, but at least we're getting something!

Yeah, i just came back inside (putting weather cap on a receiver hitch lock pin) and it's just overcast, with light mist..... and i see (from the radar) the main line moving into West Memphis...... The temp might be the next change after this front moves on..... 

9 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yeah, i just came back inside (putting weather cap on a receiver hitch lock pin) and it's just overcast, with light mist..... and i see (from the radar) the main line moving into West Memphis...... The temp might be the next change after this front moves on..... 

We got 1/2" of rain this morning,cooler less humid air is moving in feels like fall again.

• Like 2

Just heard on the radio we have an Artic blast coming tomorrow , high is only going to be 72F , BRRRRRR ! 

• Like 1

Thanks fish...... I had an idea temps would drop some..... Besides being as dry as we are, I've enjoyed the warmer weather, hope it returns for the trick or treaters..... That will be out and about....... The bar is falling like a rock 29.76.... Now it's 29.63. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Just heard on the radio we have an Artic blast coming tomorrow , high is only going to be 72F , BRRRRRR ! 

I'm thinking about going trolling for stripers tomorrow on false river.

• Like 1

????? ....... OKAY....... I gotta ask.... Ahem.... What brought this on ?  Colder temps ? 

Edited by _Wilson_™

1 hour ago, riverc said:

I'm thinking about going trolling for stripers tomorrow on false river.

I have trolled for many different species ,  but never trolled explicially for  strippers ----- for targeting stippers I like  live bait , preferably live fish like croaker or pogy , the juvinelle will hit live shrimp , they are the best eating , but the big ones like fish ,  free-lining in current around bridges , the Causeway Bridge at night time use to be great for large strippers , caught many 30 and a few 40 pounders , using a generator  and flood lights ,  fishing for specks and strippers were  the bi-product , the State record is about 47+ pounds , I knocked on that door a few times  -----  I have trolled for speckled trout many times on the Causeway and the Highway 11 Train Bridge and caught specks , reds and flounders , but never did troll up a stripper , Sea Brook Bridge use to be a good stripper spot , you are really not suppose to fish inside the bridge in the Industrial Canal  any more , but they don't enforce it , usually just run you off , use to kill the strippers right inside the inner fender of the bridge , free line a croaker in the eddys 

• Like 1

last week my left knee got to hurting felt like a 3 day rain kinda hurt. so, checked  noaa, three days of rain coming in. pain stopped next day, next day pain stopped, rain predicted, mostly didnt happen .  last a rain came in, no knee warning, truck on truck on jack-stands,  tilted, from the ground moisture, been sitting for near six weeks on stands. guess knee is 50%, at predicting.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LedFTed said:

last week my left knee got to hurting felt like a 3 day rain kinda hurt. so, checked  noaa, three days of rain coming in. pain stopped next day, next day pain stopped, rain predicted, mostly didnt happen .  last a rain came in, no knee warning, truck on truck on jack-stands,  tilted, from the ground moisture, been sitting for near six weeks on stands. guess knee is 50%, at predicting.

So , your into making weather predictions using body parts !!!!   >>>  Tell me ,  my butt  itches and  I have a headache 'ciphering your post ,  can you tell me what to expect next   ???   ----   LOL 

• Haha 2

Suppose to be 74 for a high today , Blue Jay Day , not a cloud in the sky , no wind !!! 

Not warmin' up much today as usual the weatherman lied again. Supposed to be high 40s.

This was the sunrise as I headed to work though.

Screenshot_20221027-110058_Google.jpg

20221027_074540.jpg

9 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

So , your into making weather predictions using body parts !!!!   >>>  Tell me ,  my butt  itches and  I have a headache 'ciphering your post ,  can you tell me what to expect next   ???   ----   LOL 

Too funny...... Rofl! Tuned in for this one!  even broke out the multie flavored popcorn ....... 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got some rain yesterday , my gauge said 1.5 inches ----  it came with a burst of wind , must have been a 50-60 mph blast , we were on the patio and crap went flying all over the place 

• Like 1

We had multiple warnings yesterday evening into last night.  A few tornadoes were said to have touched down inland in the Robertsdale and Spanish Fort area but all I got was a good night's sleep after everything settled.  Seems this peninsula isn't much of a tornado target but that doesn't prevent us from at least being aware.

This year's trip south came with a twist or should I say break.  My wife took a low speed spill on her bicycle landing in her right knee causing her femur to get busted up pretty bad.  She currently has enough hardware in her right leg to start an Ace hardware store.   Lucky for us the Orthopedic Surgeon was a USN vet experienced in piecing together war wound shattered bones.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

We had multiple warnings yesterday evening into last night.  A few tornadoes were said to have touched down inland in the Robertsdale and Spanish Fort area but all I got was a good night's sleep after everything settled.  Seems this peninsula isn't much of a tornado target but that doesn't prevent us from at least being aware.

This year's trip south came with a twist or should I say break.  My wife took a low speed spill on her bicycle landing in her right knee causing her femur to get busted up pretty bad.  She currently has enough hardware in her right leg to start an Ace hardware store.   Lucky for us the Orthopedic Surgeon was a USN vet experienced in piecing together war wound shattered bones.

WOW , best wishes to the wife for a speedy recovery ,  things happen so fast  >>>>   

Our TV was going berserk  ,  doing the emergency broadcast ,  for tornado warnings from about 12pm till 7:30 for the 8 Parishes along the SE and into Mississippi , I kind of thought that was along time in the warning zone , don't ever remember that except in a hurricane